Battle for Ohio R2

Wow...that bad. Worse than the qualifier you had 4 or so years ago?

One of the worst in recent years was Amherst a couple years back. We did 1 2 lap moto , took me almost 15 mins and I got 2nd out of 5. The track was ripped open the night before and it stormed like crazy over night. The worst part was the start straight was dead perfect because they hadn't ripped that til the am lol.
It’s very very close. Some of the people that were here were at that AQ too, and they thought this was worse, not sure. I know that those were both a couple of the worst days of my life.

Last edited:
We had a great time! I seriously don’t get how weather forecasters stay in business, might be a conspiracy of some sorts? Any day at the track is a great day for us as we inch closer to the day we will not be there. I hate mud but I love the family and friends time. Thanks to the entire BC family for making it work!

Sucks man. For selfish reasons I was so hoping you would cancel and maybe reschedule. Total bummer and in the end, Spencer nor I would have went out on the track if we were signed up. Just not worth it to me.

It didn't rain so much in Dresden. Sun came out in the afternoon and we played our semi-final game Saturday evening. Almost played the championship after, but other team's coach had a prior commitment. Was supposed to play Sunday at 1pm, but Mother Nature took care of that, so now we play Tuesday at 6:30p. Guess no Perry County Fair MX this year either... We better win dammit... ;)

It’s very very close. Some of the people that were here were at that AQ too, and they thought this was worse, not sure. I know that those were both a couple of the worst days of my life.
Sorry to hear that, mother nature wasn't happy with you obviously lol.

My first trip to bc started out as a beautiful track on Friday, turned into a guagmire and the toughest track conditions and two laps of my life. We still had a great time checking out this beautiful facility and had lots of fun playing with the kids on a muddy pit bike track saturday night. I'll be back.

I can't even begin to imagine -
Every day putting in heart, soul, time & money into to your business to make it the best it can be.
Then the planning and excitement to produce ......only to have Mother Nature completely undo all the effort.
Brutal -

Gotta revel in the days that do hit ....but still.

Last edited:
Feel bad. I know Matthew was really pumped for BC because he likes the track. JO pumps a ton of money into the place. He might just break even at best if he is lucky this weekend. But I doubt it.

Feel bad. I know Matthew was really pumped for BC because he likes the track. JO pumps a ton of money into the place. He might just break even at best if he is lucky this weekend. But I doubt it.
I doubt it too. Real bummer JO. The place looked incredible!

I’ll never forget going out in practcie that Saturday of the mud race llaq and having so much fun splashing through puddles on my ole 125 then washing my bike and me being first moto and as I’m sitting there they are playing the national anthem and I am looking at big ole lightning strikes and thunder and they cancel the moto right before we we’re ready to take off and I will never forget i looked like I rode a mud moto and I only rode to the start gate

Your doubt is correct. In the hole on this one. I've had a lot of people message me and ask why I wouldn't just cancel it or reschedule. Its valid question. At the time, I didn't really see too many openings in the OMA schedule that I could commit to. Honestly I thought of Kenworthy's getting cancelled twice, so I just tried to get through it. Easily the lowest of lows since I've opened. I hated it for the racers. And now, its still raining here today. Good thing I have till august to get it fixed for the next practice, it might take that long.

I've told a number of people that being a promoter is hardest thing I've ever attempted. You get to bet 10-20k on the weather 6-8 months out. After 16 years, its starting to feel like I'm an addicted gambler living in Vegas, and the house (the weather) is winning.

Your doubt is correct. In the hole on this one. I've had a lot of people message me and ask why I wouldn't just cancel it or reschedule. Its valid question. At the time, I didn't really see too many openings in the OMA schedule that I could commit to. Honestly I thought of Kenworthy's getting cancelled twice, so I just tried to get through it. Easily the lowest of lows since I've opened. I hated it for the racers. And now, its still raining here today. Good thing I have till august to get it fixed for the next practice, it might take that long.

I've told a number of people that being a promoter is hardest thing I've ever attempted. You get to bet 10-20k on the weather 6-8 months out. After 16 years, its starting to feel like I'm an addicted gambler living in Vegas, and the house (the weather) is winning.
Dude, that sucks. It is definitely a bet on the weather at times. You quick betting on March weather long ago.

Looking at the schedule, it is pretty packed. October 15-16 only opening I saw and you are still betting there... Either that or pack it all in a Sunday opening. I know you also have a lot of other things going on as well, so there's also your own schedule to manage. I actually thought you had another race on your schedule this year you could've just replaced it with this vs. an OMA Overall Series race.

Oh well. Hope the rest of the year allows you to think it is still all worth it...

If anyone brings an ice cold Cayman Jack to staging Sunday I can guarantee your gate choice will improve!

CE451BE5-23FB-468C-AF02-A438794515A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back