So lets talk racing and fees.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
central-ohio-power-wheels-drag-racing.jpg

https://dragchamp.com/2021/bracket-...al-ohio-power-wheels-drag-racing-2020-season/

This is Gold !

Romanyak256

PR Addict
And this is why i haven’t raced any moto and have switched over to doing GP/GNCC/WEXCR races. If i do a GP it’s typically at fastraxx, and i get free gate entry and 1 class free per event bc I’m prior military. If i do a gncc, it’s $20 for the weekend for my gf and myself, plus $50 to race for 3 hours, and wexcr is free entry and $40 for 2 hours of race time. It should also be noted I’m not at the track all day (except for gncc i camo the whole weekend) i typically show up and hour before my session and i leave after, I’m there maybe 3 hours at the most. I’ve done the whole regional/ LL thing before and the older i get i just can’t see wasting the $ like i did in my teens and early 20’s.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
372A5067-B607-477E-BB2B-CDE0928C50D2.png

A screenshot from my Strava from the EROC harescramble yesterday. The gnarlist racing I’ve done my whole life.

I stopped to puke 3 times on my way home.

While I still don’t LOVE off-road I do think it’s great value for the racing you get. GP’s are the sweet spot. That’s why I promote them.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’ve ALREADY spent more on my pigeon forge SMOKEY mountain TN family vacation (with no dirtbikes) than I spent at my qualifier regional and red bud combined. And we haven’t left for it yet. There’s some puke for yas. Going for 5 days and it’s gonna be a Wallet hemorrhage.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I’ve ALREADY spent more on my pigeon forge SMOKEY mountain TN family vacation (with no dirtbikes) than I spent at my qualifier regional and red bud combined. And we haven’t left for it yet. There’s some puke for yas. Going for 5 days and it’s gonna be a Wallet hemorrhage.
Bro should have raced battle, I’ve cream guy is giving away chances at a 92 corvette.

hershey

PR Elite
So CTMX had a very mediocre turnout. This weekend was the moto vroomvroom at lake sugar tree, just as bad or worse. I posted the astronomical costs of these events earlier, are people finally closing their wallets to these outrageous prices?

John250

PR Founding Father
So CTMX had a very mediocre turnout. This weekend was the moto vroomvroom at lake sugar tree, just as bad or worse. I posted the astronomical costs of these events earlier, are people finally closing their wallets to these outrageous prices?
I just think the economy is catching up to people. They are looking at their bank accounts, credit card statements, etc. Groceries are outrageous. Gasoline. Everything is catching up to people. They only have so much disposable income.

hershey

PR Elite
I just think the economy is catching up to people. They are looking at their bank accounts, credit card statements, etc. Groceries are outrageous. Gasoline. Everything is catching up to people. They only have so much disposable income.
But that's my point, stop charging such ridiculous prices. 250 for dry camping is just to line your pockets.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I looked at moto vroom vroom to go and it was going to be ridiculous. But it obviously showed as literally no one showed up. In my classes there wasn’t even 5 people

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Then you’ve done something horribly wrong lol, pigeon forge is prob one of the cheaper places we vacation.

hershey

PR Elite
I looked at moto vroom vroom to go and it was going to be ridiculous. But it obviously showed as literally no one showed up. In my classes there wasn’t even 5 people
Killing themselves with these prices. It was 200 cheaper to go there than CTMX too. But the fuel to get there made it cost more for us.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
My thoughts: people running the bigger featured event type of a season were locked in (to a point), when the fuel prices went way up, they had everything ready to go. Then fuel costs went crazy, and now the little bit of extra people had is gone, and they've gone on credit to finish their seasons. So no occasional local, no going to other new one off events. These people are committed to LL or the ATV Nationals, no extra cash for other things. And the local only people, are definitely not going to the expensive races, just because of the mental block they have on spending that much, regardless of whether they can. Either way, if fuel prices don't drop by the rebuild offseason, next year isn't looking great for racing numbers.

So I guess I think its a combination of the mega featured events being high priced, but ultimately the gas station took away the consumers confidence and made these events less favorable. I bet LL is another record weekend. People are just saving money for the events that they count most.