2022 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship

Just saw brennan shoffield had to turn in all 5 of his bikes back to his main sponsor! What a joke! F MXSports and Loretta’s and Yamaha. Where’s davey Coombs? What a coward! He ain’t said s**t! Someone needs to do what’s right. Because of his dad, and the situation I will always root against gay boy deegan! I will definitely never buy another Yamaha! Street or dirt, or even a generator! So sad for the kid who just wanted a sweet dirtbike!

Just saw brennan shoffield had to turn in all 5 of his bikes back to his main sponsor! What a joke! F MXSports and Loretta’s and Yamaha. Where’s davey Coombs? What a coward! He ain’t said s**t! Someone needs to do what’s right. Because of his dad, and the situation I will always root against gay boy deegan! I will definitely never buy another Yamaha! Street or dirt, or even a generator! So sad for the kid who just wanted a sweet dirtbike!
Everyone keeps bringing in all these outside issues, like where he got the money, what he really wanted the bike for, why he did it, etc.

NONE of that matters at all! Rules says he can claim it, he claimed it. Simple as that. And almost every industry insider I've seen interviewed agrees that it is a good rule and needs to stay in place.

Deegan is good. Very good. But it will be interesting to see how good when he moves up to Pro.

I've never been a huge fan honestly because of every single aspect of their lives being on YouTube daily. Brian has pimped out his families whole life for YouTube. It's worked though. Look at Hailee. Monster has given her a sponsorship to get her rides in the Nascar Truck Series. She is in over her talent level. I think it is funny reading comments from people talking about her in Xfinity or Cup. She is barely a 15th place driver in the truck series in a full time ride! She is no where near the talent level to move up. Most the drivers finishing behind her are in underfunded part time rides. She has all Ford's resources and still can't get it done. But hey she has a pretty face and a tic Tok account.

D16E56D6-3E84-4358-8435-5756CE2CDE63.jpeg

Before any of you vintage racers get the thought of claiming "Air" Carrier's bike, it is 2X NADA pricing for a used bike which will be $14.5K-26K-34K (depending on condition. (G-VG-E)

Everyone is wrong on the Maico. (BTW this might be the first time ever I have corrected Bruce on something)

Vintage is excluded.

J. Claiming

1. All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 30 percent over (50 percent over for Supermini) manufacturer’s suggested retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or minicycle. Vintage- and ATV-class equipment shall be excluded from the claiming rule.

2. Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed. A claimant may enter a claim with the referee any time during the meet but no later than 30 minutes after the race results of the event in which the claimant has competed are posted. There will be no additional time added to this process in the event of a claim.

Last edited:
Everyone is wrong on the Maico. (BTW this might be the first time ever I have corrected Bruce on something)

Vintage is excluded.

J. Claiming

1. All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 30 percent over (50 percent over for Supermini) manufacturer’s suggested retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or minicycle. Vintage- and ATV-class equipment shall be excluded from the claiming rule.

2. Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed. A claimant may enter a claim with the referee any time during the meet but no later than 30 minutes after the race results of the event in which the claimant has competed are posted. There will be no additional time added to this process in the event of a claim.
So does LL have a different set of rules? They said it was 2x for Deegans bike.

So does LL have a different set of rules? They said it was 2x for Deegans bike.
LL has "supplemental rules" that are applied in addition to regular AMA rules. That's where they cover the "sportsman" classes, etc.

It is in the LL supplemental rules that they up the claiming to 2x. All the social media experts have attached 2x in their brain as the actual rule, but it only applies to LL National.

Vintage- and ATV-class equipment
The way I read that is Vintage & ATV CLASS equipment, as in the entire class is vintage or atv, as in Vintage races or a vintage class at a mx event, not an individual motorcycle that is eligible for vintage races entered in a regular mx event.

Yeah I see what you mean, but since it's not clearly defined either way there is no way a claim would hold up on a vintage year bike at any event.

Vintage is excluded.

J. Claiming

Damn! I am going shopping at the track for the bike I want. Signing up for the class and claiming me a new ride! There are some tricked out bikes that are only gonna cost me $13,000. That's a hell of a deal. When the dealers floors don't have bikes, just go claim on! Pipes, wheels, triple clamps, the list goes on and on......hey Richie Robinson has a tricked out Honda if anyone is looking!

In case anyone still cares......

The kid that tried claiming Deegans bike is now riding a KTM.

In case anyone still cares......

The kid that tried claiming Deegans bike is now riding a KTM.

I saw that, good for him.

Back