2022 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship

Brian Deegans response. View is different than the others. Your thoughts, I think he is full of bs mostly. The thing I believe is him saying they don't want to give the bike up because of time and money in it. What he is missing is that is the exact reason for the rule.

Last edited:
This made it worse for Deegan in my opinion! Brian is full of s**t! Yes the AMA and MX Sports we're totally professional in his eyes. They were basically working on his behalf, not Schofield's.

He is forgetting the obvious. Does not matter where the money came from!! The kid was in the class and if the kid and his engine builder want to buy the bike, tear it down, do videos, check out the development of that motor, it is all 100% legal!! That is the exact reason the rule is in place, and he is bitching about it.

Brian Deegan is a douche who has pimped his kids lives for years to make money. Comes across all Christian and stuff. I believe it's all for the camera.

Now weege, who is a racer x employee is commenting about it on his show after unadilla. Says he talked to cotter about what happened and told cotters side. What a joke, the more they talk the worse the cover up looks. They should have just not said a word and let it blow over. Of course eventually it will. Nothing will change and in a month no one will care. Deegan is supposed to race ironman if all goes well with his pro-am points to get his liscense. Looking forward to that!!

Best statements made about the whole situation in my opinion but Pingree and Langston. They both hit the nail on the head. Funny my opinion of the players involved is spot on with Langston's, except from all the videos I've watched I think the AMA is the one that did exactly what they were supposed to do. They should have kept Cotter and Deegan out of the picture altogether though.

As for Matt Walker. Watch the engine builders story and listen to what he says transpired at Walkers pit area. Sounds like Matt Walker may have been the biggest a*****e in the whole situation. I had to laugh a little at Langston's opinion of Matt.

I hope the rule does not get changed. It is a good rule and more guys should probably take advantage of it. Most those factory kids go to the race with a fresh new bike, so hey you can buy a one race factory edition.

..and some have asked why we decided to ride 450’s at the ranch this year...this was a part but not all. Training full time for his first year we learned the 450’s could just handle the amount of ride time better than the 250’s. It’s also hard to build a 250 that can compete with some of the factory 250’s brought to the ranch. All those involved above with this claim..just confirmed it. Saying that..gonna add a 250 to the fleet so we can get after the 250 and get training on the small bore.

81B8A4CC-CD5A-479D-ABC2-50EF598336F4.jpeg

LL2022 P2&P3 450

Stepping on the little guy! That’s what’s happening. That’s what professional moto has turned in too. I guess I was raised different. I have kids. If anything like that happened to any of my kids I would beat the bully, or whoever unconscious. Who cares about losing my son’s sponsor. You do what’s right! Yep it’s assault and I would go to jail, but I would be standing up for what’s right and my son!!!!!

Also, if Yamaha or whoever had nothing to hide then why not just give the bike up? What’s the big deal?
Bobby Regan said he was going to left the bike go. He didn't want to, but was prepared to do so. Basically said that the motor had some parts in it that were not from some of their sponsored companies and they basically didn't want that getting out.

This story is HOT right now and it absolutely deserves the attention its getting. Rules are rules, sounds to me like Brennon did some research on this way before the race week even started. The moment he would have had that bike in his possession he would have had TONS of offers pry 3, 4, 5x what he paid for that bike.. and no one except a 17 year old kid thought of that. Genius!

I’ve watched just about all the videos. Bottom line…. Motor had stuff in it that it should have had in it. Weather it was parts that were factory or other parts from non-sponsors. The Deegans, Yamaha, Walker and Cotter have egg on their face. In today’s society information travels fast and once “posted” it’s there forever. 25yrs ago nobody would have known. But you’ve (Brian Deegan) amassed a following and your name is your brand. This is bad for your brand because the view is you had your army protect you and everyone believes you cheated weather you like it or not. The video you put out didn’t help your cause and the fact that people were involved that shouldn’t have been just proves there’s more to the story. The internet is great till it turns on you. MXSports and the rest will never give a negative take on what they did, it would be foolish to make yourself look bad.

Sadly the only 2 people effected in this are kids. Haiden and Brennan are 17yrs old and this moment will forever be a defining moment for them both. The profit of Haiden benefits him but ultimately benefits Brian, Monster, Yamaha and MXSports because people want to see him. I feel bad for all the negative comments he will get at the start of his pro career. You think Alessi had it bad. Just wait.

And yes a 17yr old kid came up with the idea. Classic!

Honestly surprised more engine builders don't have their riders do it every year. It would keep the factories honest and they would not dump so much into amateur bikes.

Can someone explain to me why once the bike was claimed they swapped motors for the schoolboy class? I didn’t even know that was allowed down there. I know you can replace parts if they are broken but didn’t know you could swap motors.

Can someone explain to me why once the bike was claimed they swapped motors for the schoolboy class? I didn’t even know that was allowed down there. I know you can replace parts if they are broken but didn’t know you could swap motors.
You can switch motors just not frames. Actually you can switch frames if you get the reason approved by the ama (broken frame) now the reason for switching motors I think is obvious they didn't want it looked at.

They swapped motors after he rescinded the claim in case someone else claimed it. Plus the rules state if you change parts after the claim, you get the take off parts also.

They swapped motors after he rescinded the claim in case someone else claimed it.
Exactly. Once Brennan withdrew his claim, the bike was "back on the market" if a s/boy 2 rider/dad wanted to claim it. No need to take a chance of losing the bike (motor) twice, so borrow a motor from Evan.

Exactly. Once Brennan withdrew his claim, the bike was "back on the market" if a s/boy 2 rider/dad wanted to claim it. No need to take a chance of losing the bike (motor) twice, so borrow a motor from Evan.
Ok, so making it even more obvious that something was fishy inside that motor?

Back