2022 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship

Finally a real moto journalist....OMG, I just used the phrase real moto journalist referring to Chris Cooksey.
Certainly, take this with a grain of salt. But if 1/2 of it is true, wow just wow.
But at least we now know who the claimant was.

Finally a real moto journalist....OMG, I just used the phrase real moto journalist referring to Chris Cooksey.
Certainly, take this with a grain of salt. But if 1/2 of it is true, wow just wow.
But at least we now know who the claimant was.

Holy crap. It will be interesting to see if more comes out. My bet is Deegans, Cotter and Yamaha all keep quiet. If so I'm betting they are guilty.

Hard saying, like he said it's all allegedly. At least he was honest like that.

After watching that video and thinking about it, the kid should have absolutely went through with the claim. And if any of the other crap happened, let the lawsuits fly.

Brennan Schofield is from the MX hot bed of Nova Scotia. He got 16th in 250B and 22nd in 450B. He has nothing to worry about "if he wants to go any where in this sport". Only place he is going is a fast amateur from Nova Scotia. Should have taken the bike and went down in history as the last person to ever claim a factory bike before the rule changed in 2023.

Last edited:
s1600_BRENNAN_SCHOFIELD.jpg

That's enough for me. That motor was not legal if it had unobtainable parts in it. Cheating.

Tim Cotter should have never been in there. Only the AMA. Brian should not have been allowed to drill him. Matt Walker, is a douche bag obviously.

Yamaha they could care less about any of them. It's a out keeping how the motor is built secret. They didn't care about Deegan or Schofield at that point. And if they pulled that s**t with the dealer it would have been a huge law suit by the dealer against Yamaha.

Once again, it is a "amateur" race. These kids are racing factory equipment. Father's being paid. It's freaking nuts anymore. Not sure why anyone wants to waste their money on Loretta's.

That's enough for me. That motor was not legal if it had unobtainable parts in it. Cheating.
It was a mod class, I don't think there are any restrictions other than displacement.
Matt Walker, is a douche bag obviously.
He is.
And if they pulled that s**t with the dealer it would have been a huge law suit by the dealer against Yamaha
I have heard that the dealership agreements are very short, it would most likely just not be renewed.
Once again, it is a "amateur" race. These kids are racing factory equipment. Father's being paid. It's freaking nuts anymore. Not sure why anyone wants to waste their money on Loretta's.
Agree 100 percent!

It was a mod class, I don't think there are any restrictions other than displacement.

He is.

I have heard that the dealership agreements are very short, it would most likely just not be renewed.

Agree 100 percent!
Weight is the only other restriction I believe.

Again, I would have dug my heals in and bought the bike. After seeing what happened I'm sure another manufacturer would have given them a franchise.

Um….. am I the only one that would like to know where this kid got his money? He said he’s worked his butt off for the money he was using to claim the bike. So he’s got basically 18000$ he’s worked for and just decides “ yeah I want to claim deegans bike”? Them Canadians must be different. Never met a teenager who saved up 18000$. And what about dad? He’s obviously a coward, or just a pussy! He didn’t stand up for his son? He let people bully, scare, and push his son around?

The kid worked at club MX doing mechanic work to earn the money. He said he didn't have enough at the regional saved up yet. That kid is pretty genuine and legit.

Moto x Matt walker place not club mx
Yep and Matt Walker was part of why he gave the claim up. That's effed up.

DC claims that the meeting was only 5 mins in the trailer with Tim Cotter and that he was just ensuring he wanted to claim the bike. LOL

Yep and Matt Walker was part of why he gave the claim up. That's effed up.

DC claims that the meeting was only 5 mins in the trailer with Tim Cotter and that he was just ensuring he wanted to claim the bike. LOL
Bullshit. Cotter needs to listen to himself talk for 5 minutes before he even starts talking. Guaranteed cotter put tons of pressure on the kid. I watched that video. Bet it went down very close to what the kid claims. Why does he have any reason to lie? And if his engine builder did even say do it and I will build your engines free or what ever, who cares! It's all perfectly legal under the rule book! Bottom line is, Star and Yamaha F'ed up. They put him on a full factory bike and someone claimed it. I bet the PC bikes are just as good. Guy should be claiming them at regionals. They have enough trick accessories on them to make them worth it.

The rule will go away for next year. Amateur motocross has become very expensive and just like pro. You can race local cheap but not national.

Back