Labor Day events! Where’s everyone going ??

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, we were going to go run the PW at least at HH, but screw it. I'll just take a break and watch the Buckeyes...

Thing is, we got a game next Saturday as well, so thinking we're not hitting Beans either. Will be a nice break I guess. We'll just practice out arses off for East Fork in a couple weeks I s'pose...

NQ1965

PR Elite
Honda Hills raced today but took a big hit on attendance.
Track owners and crew have been VERY busy on track changes and improvements.

Bright future lays ahead for HONDA HILLS.

NQ1965

PR Elite
And pics or video?
Clarification: Honda Hills did get their races in today, but I did not participate.
The wife and I went out later and caught the second set of moto's and snapped a few pic's.
======================================

I was really curious where exactly they were going to set up the gate. Once I saw it. I was very impressed as it is great placement for spectator viewing.

IMG_0013.jpg

"Turn-One" was a little dicey today.

IMG_0010.jpg

Exiting "turn-one" drops down the hillside veering left, into a wide "bottom-out" and hard right turn to uphill double.
Making the decision against racing this morning, was that I knew I didn't have the rear tire to get up this hill, along with others. Nancy and I watched all the bikes struggle for traction on the greasy hardpack clay under the mud on the surface.
IMG_0001.jpg

This tunnel-jump is a new addition taking place of the smaller original table-top, (that actually had a steep jump face that would launch you up high). I'm not sure what the overall feeling will be about this obstacle in regard to track flow and speed.
IMG_0011.jpg

Up on top of the south-east track corner, taking place of the Rhythm section that wasn't so popular, is a new and improved set of Doubles that are well spaced apart. I like the looks of it, and even though only one racer was actually jumping today, nobody was going around and bypassing as were before.

IMG_0026.jpg

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm thinking they changed this single before the finish line table-top.

IMG_0017.jpg

Side View of the single and finish line table-top. After eyeballing this, I can see some Pro-class and "A" riders turning this into a huge double-to-table. And there is plenty of run-up for momentum to do it.

IMG_0014.jpg

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Honda hills is the exact reason why when weather happens people cancel. Attendance down and losing money isn’t worth it for one race

hershey

PR Elite
We would have went but was prepped to go to Amherst til the weather went to garbage. They didn't post any where I could find if they were running or not so we didn't chance it in case they had. By then it was too late to make it to HH. Every other track in Ohio was rained out and closed.