2023 Amateur National Championship Schedule!

Just saw it. You beat me to it. :)

TBD of Mid-East Mar. 18-19 ???

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221212-160938_Chrome.jpg

MOTOLAND!!!!

Malvern tbd???

So lemme get this straight who in the right mind would go away from the structure they had set for the past few years. The vet regionals were money and worked great. The amateur regionals always only finish 1 Moto on Saturday due to all the heats along with youth I’m sure. So why would you go back to having more classes at regionals and taking away what the people want. People liked the long motos and the feel of the national. Adding all the classes back and taking away the vet regional is going backwards in the wrong direction. AT THIS POINT WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MX SPORTS AND WHO MAKES THE STUPID DECISIONS

So lemme get this straight who in the right mind would go away from the structure they had set for the past few years. The vet regionals were money and worked great. The amateur regionals always only finish 1 Moto on Saturday due to all the heats along with youth I’m sure. So why would you go back to having more classes at regionals and taking away what the people want. People liked the long motos and the feel of the national. Adding all the classes back and taking away the vet regional is going backwards in the wrong direction. AT THIS POINT WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MX SPORTS AND WHO MAKES THE STUPID DECISIONS
Not arguing but we ran 15 minute motos at our youth regional a couple years ago, yes long day, but we got it in by 7pm. I believe we ran moto 1 and lcqs?? Kinda foggy now. Motos 2-3 Sunday. I wanna say done by 5:30-6 Sunday. Long days but still attainable for long moto format. If I’m correct, I think we were one of the very few to not cut the program on Sunday.

Not arguing but we ran 15 minute motos at our youth regional a couple years ago, yes long day, but we got it in by 7pm. I believe we ran moto 1 and lcqs?? Kinda foggy now. Motos 2-3 Sunday. I wanna say done by 5:30-6 Sunday. Long days but still attainable for long moto format. If I’m correct, I think we were one of the very few to not cut the program on Sunday.
Plus that’s with the PW’s running the whole track as well as 50jr. I think there were 40 plus motos on day 1.

Matthew, the Vet regionals were not a success really. Looking at it from the track perspective it's a heck of a lot of effort and not a huge return. From rider perspective, yes cool to have our own regional, but we were also relegated to lower level tracks so to speak (nothing against BC of course but you know there's a difference between BC and Millville).

Plus that’s with the PW’s running the whole track as well as 50jr. I think there were 40 plus motos on day 1.
For sure. I was thinking it went something like 7-8-9 laps depending on the classes. PW's might have been 6. Yes, 40-43 motos seems right for Saturday. At a rate of 4 motos an hour, that's a bunch of hours, especially when you got 15-16 groups of practice Saturday morning! I dont think we started races till 9:45-10.

The fact there are five C classes and we can’t get a +30 or 35 B/C class sucks. What’s the point of 250C limited and then a 250C limited Jr?

Mid-East has a good lineup though. Wonder what the TBD track will be.

Vet regionals aren’t a cash cow. That’s why. So now we get to go back to the sprint regional races and a lot of sitting around.

They were “money” that weren’t making any money….

My problem with it is there is 19 classes now for regionals. 38 motos on Saturday that are all 15 minutes at least not including track prep plus lcqs on Saturday that’s a minimum of 9.5 hours of motos without lcqs. It just won’t work. Only way they can run the regionals is if they go back to 5 lap motos and no one wants that. 38 motos minimum on both days is crazy and 9.5 is crazy and that’s if they don’t prep the track. I don’t see it working whether vet regionals didn’t get a big turnout or not. It still was nice the separation of classes and competition

Back