2023 Amateur National Championship Schedule!

Yea it’s a sprint. No more seat time. Except in the pits.

But they’ll still be competitive.
I really thought the best thing that covid produced was vet regionals. If this means covids finally over I’m good with it.

Surprised no one has picked up on the fact they changed the days the vet classes qualify at the area now. No matter what if you’re trying for 2 classes you’re gonna be there both days now. College, 30, 45 all on Saturday. 25,40,50 all on Sunday

Also, i could care less about having a VET regional or not. Sure the guaranteed longer motos were ideal for me, but the tracks just didn’t get nearly rough enough. I would rather have 4-5 lap motos on a gnarly rough track than longer motos on a more smooth track. Not to mention VET turn outs were super super low this year. So it’s not completely feasible for most promoters. I think it was lower due partly to fuckery drama around the classes, and not being at iconic tracks (no offense to BC cause your regional was top notch this year).

as of now on what’s posted with no injury & weather set backs i think they can still execute fairly good motos at the regionals with this posted format of race length i attached.

Attachments

• 8FC17B31-D6E1-4C07-BA2C-83A2111C3606.jpeg
    8FC17B31-D6E1-4C07-BA2C-83A2111C3606.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 57
Surprised no one has picked up on the fact they changed the days the vet classes qualify at the area now. No matter what if you’re trying for 2 classes you’re gonna be there both days now. College, 30, 45 all on Saturday. 25,40,50 all on Sunday

Also, i could care less about having a VET regional or not. Sure the guaranteed longer motos were ideal for me, but the tracks just didn’t get nearly rough enough. I would rather have 4-5 lap motos on a gnarly rough track than longer motos on a more smooth track. Not to mention VET turn outs were super super low this year. So it’s not completely feasible for most promoters. I think it was lower due partly to fuckery drama around the classes, and not being at iconic tracks (no offense to BC cause your regional was top notch this year).

as of now on what’s posted with no injury & weather set backs i think they can still execute fairly good motos at the regionals with this posted format of race length i attached.

my vet regional experiences consisted of PVR both years. I Hate that track. Well I don’t hate it. I just suck there. It’s wicked for sure. I’ve struggled my entire life at PVR. Never feel good always sketch on the edge but that’s just how it is there. Gnarly.

I do agree turnouts weren’t there. I kinda figured they were gonna scrap them.

I Feel like there’s gonna be quite a few third Moto’s running right up against darkness on Sunday with all the classes.

I haven’t saw the regional race lengths. At least it doesn’t seem different then cause my classes will still all run 15 minute motos

What was there 13 races at the regional? i'm just basic recalling.

13 x 3 motos is 39 additional motos being squeezed into the race program.
plus Consis unsure how many of those there were, lets just say 10 if all didnt have consis.

so thats 49 additional races squeezed in on a FRI-SUN regional weekend....will definitly tighten things up to the sunset for sure, maybe,.....

they did it before covid, they'll doit again now the same way. But I never remember 12-15 motos at regionals before this vet regional thing. I do remember 4-5 laps at MOST..... being at PVR on supermini in 2003...then at close to dark running our final 3rd moto..... cut to 3 lap moto..........

maybe stuffs changed. but wouldnt be surprised that start to happen again.

I did actually notice that but just figured it was a typo on their part! Guess I should go see if people melting down on FB over it now.

The first year I did the VET Regional at PVR they were packed and assigning parking. For 2022 when I pulled in I had my choice of parking, was like a seagull looking for a good spot at an abandoned mall parking lot. Ended up getting a hookup since they had so many extras.

Well, that was disappointing....I went on FB with a full course of snacks ready to read all the explosion of what days classes race AQ on.............. and nothing, zippo.

Really I think it's because the masses haven't figure it out yet! Someone needs to go poke a few of the vets that are affected so I can enjoy the chaos!

Well, that was disappointing....I went on FB with a full course of snacks ready to read all the explosion of what days classes race AQ on.............. and nothing, zippo.

Really I think it's because the masses haven't figure it out yet! Someone needs to go poke a few of the vets that are affected so I can enjoy the chaos!
Hang loose let me post it, I seem to have the touch. Let me know when you hit the pop corn button on your microwave

Back