Arenacrash

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So I went to route 62 on Sunday to hangout with some friends and check out the new indoor facility and watch some racing. Indoors have always been hit or miss and I think a lot of people really love 62. The crowd I saw was huge on Saturday with all the little bikes you can imagine. However Sunday when I went there might have been maybe 80 bikes. Obviously people feel all different ways about indoors and everyone loves riding at 62 but no one wants to race indoors. Unless there is big pro purse money up for grabs no big bikes go. There’s no reason to go spend $80 in fees to do less laps racing indoors. Big bikes just go pay $40 and ride as long and as much as they want cause indoors isn’t worth spending the money for maybe 15 minutes of seat time. It’s like stopping at the finish line every lap of your Moto and paying $6. I don’t think it’s even worth having a series for the big bikes cause no one shows up unless there’s big money or number one plates involved. That’s my 2 cents I wanna hear what you all think.

So I went to route 62 on Sunday to hangout with some friends and check out the new indoor facility and watch some racing. Indoors have always been hit or miss and I think a lot of people really love 62. The crowd I saw was huge on Saturday with all the little bikes you can imagine. However Sunday when I went there might have been maybe 80 bikes. Obviously people feel all different ways about indoors and everyone loves riding at 62 but no one wants to race indoors. Unless there is big pro purse money up for grabs no big bikes go. There’s no reason to go spend $80 in fees to do less laps racing indoors. Big bikes just go pay $40 and ride as long and as much as they want cause indoors isn’t worth spending the money for maybe 15 minutes of seat time. It’s like stopping at the finish line every lap of your Moto and paying $6. I don’t think it’s even worth having a series for the big bikes cause no one shows up unless there’s big money or number one plates involved. That’s my 2 cents I wanna hear what you all think.
He is doing well actually. You're never going to have the same crowd indoor.

What I font get is why he gets that crowd for a race and ram jam gets less than 100. Ram jam lap times are just about 1 sec longer, the track is much more forgiving and the temp in the track area is a little bit warmer.

62 is great, has great pits and prep is also good. But it is definitely geared more to A riders for sure.

Not knocking 62 at all, Jimmy is a great guy and hard worker. I'm just curious why the same people don't show up at ram jam for the series races the 2 tracks are doing with one another.

Have to look at it as gate drops & seat time in the winter. Wish he would move the Pit Bikes to Sunday with the big bikes vs. being on Saturday with the little bikes...

He is doing well actually. You're never going to have the same crowd indoor.

What I font get is why he gets that crowd for a race and ram jam gets less than 100. Ram jam lap times are just about 1 sec longer, the track is much more forgiving and the temp in the track area is a little bit warmer.

62 is great, has great pits and prep is also good. But it is definitely geared more to A riders for sure.

Not knocking 62 at all, Jimmy is a great guy and hard worker. I'm just curious why the same people don't show up at ram jam for the series races the 2 tracks are doing with one another.
I think you might have answered your own question in the first and third paragraph.

Early 90s it worked. Drew had 5 races (added a 6th a couple years), you could race Saturday and Sunday both days, and some events even had a Friday night show. He promoted the hell out of them. Go good crowds on Saturday nights, lots of regional pros showed up and it was a great time. Those days are long gone, like 2 strokes.

I think you might have answered your own question in the first and third paragraph.
Nah, 3rd paragraph definitely not why. 90% of the indoor crowd isn't in that group by far.

The little bikes especially would fair far better at ram jam. Again, not bashing anyone. Tracks are different and cater to different riders. Jimmy's facility and track are awesome.

Last edited:
I worked at Nemx every Friday Saturday and Sunday for many years.

Racing never turned out the same as open practice and rentals. EVER.

Might not be, but they wanna feel like they are. Environment plays a roll and Jimmy's killin it. Place looks awesome and fun. Kinda waiting for a new whip before I go.. lol

I think the reason ram jam doesn’t get the crowd is one location and two the building and area itself. Route 62 has super great heated pits and the facility itself is way better and that’s not hating on ram jam just based off my observations. Ram jam also is honestly way tighter than route 62 also. Like Hershey said everyone has their thoughts but I definitely think they will never get the same amount of people at a race as they do for practices every weekend. Only thing Jimmy needs to do to the place is get some more heaters in the track area it’s definitely chilly in there

I think the reason ram jam doesn’t get the crowd is one location and two the building and area itself. Route 62 has super great heated pits and the facility itself is way better and that’s not hating on ram jam just based off my observations. Ram jam also is honestly way tighter than route 62 also. Like Hershey said everyone has their thoughts but I definitely think they will never get the same amount of people at a race as they do for practices every weekend. Only thing Jimmy needs to do to the place is get some more heaters in the track area it’s definitely chilly in there
We've ridden both, ram jam is definitely more open of a track than 62. How can you say that when you haven't been to ram jam to ride this year?

I did see a video today of the new 62 layout and it looks much more open and tame. Must have been getting some of the same feed back. Good to see him changing it up often too.

Indoor has lots of choice and changes this winter for sure. Should help build riding up for next summer.

I was there Sunday and we had 10 guys in 30+ class (grabbed the holeshot and finished 2nd). I had a blast. The way i look at it is, i can spend $60 and have fun for a few hours on my dirtbike, or i can go blow $60 doing something else. Anything beats sitting at home. We got 6 laps of practice, a 6 lap heat and a 6 lap main, and was still done by noon. That’s a win to me.

We've ridden both, ram jam is definitely more open of a track than 62. How can you say that when you haven't been to ram jam to ride this year?

I did see a video today of the new 62 layout and it looks much more open and tame. Must have been getting some of the same feed back. Good to see him changing it up often too.

Indoor has lots of choice and changes this winter for sure. Should help build riding up for next summer.
I went last night to ride 62 and can say i prefer the other layout than this new one. The other layout was more fun, had more options to it. This layout is pretty cookie cutter with a couple big lines if you have the balls and skill to huck them. I will say, i rode ramjam back in 2021 and i think it’s more open and definitely longer lap times than 62, but the dirt at ramjam sucked when we were there. Good prep pulls in riders, and jimmy’s indoor prep is amazing. It’s tacky all the times, doesn’t get much blue groove or slick spots and forms nice ruts and breaking/ acceleration bumps.

62 new place is beyond nice but he’s trying to cram too much in there. The track should be 4 lanes and not six. My kid liked it but I did 4 laps and parked it. I live 1hr away and would rather drive 3 more hours and ride outdoors.

We had a bad experience last time because there were pitbikes , 85 and 65s out at the same time. Probably 15-20 pitbikes and 5-7 65&85’s. The pitbike guys ranged from Zack Ames to guy’s that could barely get around. With one flagger that was busy on his phone most the night my kid plowed into someone on a landing that had no business being out there with kids.

Not sure how’s he’s doing business-wise but every indoor track with a building built just for AX has gone out of business.

I went last night to ride 62 and can say i prefer the other layout than this new one. The other layout was more fun, had more options to it. This layout is pretty cookie cutter with a couple big lines if you have the balls and skill to huck them. I will say, i rode ramjam back in 2021 and i think it’s more open and definitely longer lap times than 62, but the dirt at ramjam sucked when we were there. Good prep pulls in riders, and jimmy’s indoor prep is amazing. It’s tacky all the times, doesn’t get much blue groove or slick spots and forms nice ruts and breaking/ acceleration bumps.
Exactly my point, you're an A rider. The old layout was geared to riders like you but that's not who pays the bills generally.

As for prep, you must have caught a bad night. Ram jam has black dirt that is prepped fantastic, lots of tack always. 62 is really good too, his is more clay based. The day we were there it was super rutted every where including jump faces. Ram jam gets some ruts in the corners but not between or on jump faces. Again, A riders excel in those conditions, the other 90% not usually.

Differences are good, options are excellent for all of us. My only reason for posting this stuff is to try and show all these riders at 62 that ramjam is just as big or bigger and more importantly fun for the bulk of indoor riders. The race series the 2 tracks are putting on together should be packed.

To be honest, it was totally in the plan to race both locations, but things change. We'll just have to see how the rest of the winter plays out.

Somewhere there needs to be a traditional U shaped real AX track. Just like buddy auntunez rode. Lol.. left, whoops, left, rythem, right catapult (a real one), left with an inside bump to start straight.

Dave, all summer you say how these tracks should be national level rough and unmaintained after initial swamp prep.. that's pro stuff.. but now indoors, you want a bmx pump track to ride? I'm confused..

As I type this, it occured to me that I'm the exact opposite of you in this regard.. I want outdoor tracks maintained by mximplements, you want blown out wanna be nationals for the 3% that may ever go pro.. I like real arenacross and not pump track jumps. Lol

Indoors suck. No one wants to ride them every week. It was cool in the 90s when drew had his 5 races. But that's more than enough indoor time for anyone in a winter.

Drew Wolfe for indoor President. Nope he's retired. Probably sitting on the beach in Ormond Beach Florida.

Dave, all summer you say how these tracks should be national level rough and unmaintained after initial swamp prep.. that's pro stuff.. but now indoors, you want a bmx pump track to ride? I'm confused..

As I type this, it occured to me that I'm the exact opposite of you in this regard.. I want outdoor tracks maintained by mximplements, you want blown out wanna be nationals for the 3% that may ever go pro.. I like real arenacross and not pump track jumps. Lol

The best nationals with the best racing are the prepped tracks, not slot car tracks. Prove me wrong.

Back