Arenacrash

I think there is definitely a certain type of rough you want. I think it’s okay for there to be deep ruts in corners and good breaking bumps but ruts on jump faces is very big safety issue along with ruts that are deep and long on straightaways are also a safety issuee. Honestly though every regional I have been to doesn’t have ruts on faces of jumps and doesn’t get rough in an unsafe way. But i definitely think prep for nationals in 2012 and 2013 were the best tracks and racing

In the 90s tracks got full prep after practice and in between Motos 1 and 2 at the pro nationals.

Then someone said hey, it's motocross. Let's let the track get beat to hell and try and hurt these guys.

I went rt 62 early this year just way to tight. Hit throttle turn. Then between jumps ruts that shoot you off the track. New layout looks better for sure. Ramjam flows good haven’t been this year but looks like tamed it down to much. Summit always flows good I’d try replicate that.

You can eliminate all ruts by attending quad events :p

Im hoping to go this weekend!
I’ll be there in 30+. I don’t mind ruts, but on the faces is sketchy especially with lanes that close. Hell a kid a i know got life flighted fringing from there. He was on the starting line waiting for his practice and someone lost control in the rollers/ double doubles and nailed him, ruptured is spleen, internal bleeding and collapsed lungs.

No I get its dangerous, trust me, I do NOT like seeing people get hurt.. Indoors are sketch, regardless of the ruts. I was just making a funny cause I really do like ruts and dislike quads only for that reason.

No I get its dangerous, trust me, I do NOT like seeing people get hurt.. Indoors are sketch, regardless of the ruts. I was just making a funny cause I really do like ruts and dislike quads only for that reason.
Your wifey knows the perils of indoor! I was there the time she tagged the guide wire ! That was scary.

Ramjam has no ruts between jumps or on faces fyi.
It's definitely a balance. 62 has awesome traction and moisture. The ruts may be an unfortunate by product of the moisture for those that deem them sketchy. Definitely gives a flavor of the outdoors or Indy SX to an extent. Is nice to be able to run an intermediate/soft tire like we do outdoors though. Not your common indoors. Give and take.

Ruts ain't so bad if at all on Saturday Race day!...lol

It's definitely a balance. 62 has awesome traction and moisture. The ruts may be an unfortunate by product of the moisture for those that deem them sketchy. Definitely gives a flavor of the outdoors or Indy SX to an extent. Is nice to be able to run an intermediate/soft tire like we do outdoors though. Not your common indoors. Give and take.

Ruts ain't so bad if at all on Saturday Race day!...lol
Yeah, I get it. Ramjam has black dirt that ruts up awesome. They just don't over water the jumps.

Yeah, I get it. Ramjam has black dirt that ruts up awesome. They just don't over water the jumps.
I wish I could compare and had planned to, but not looking like I am going to make it up to Ram Jam. Still a little season left, but Jimmy makes it too damn easy to not to for us...

I wish I could compare and had planned to, but not looking like I am going to make it up to Ram Jam. Still a little season left, but Jimmy makes it too damn easy to not to for us...
So the 2 tracks have a 6 race series together. You aren't racing that?

So the 2 tracks have a 6 race series together. You aren't racing that?
Was the plan at one point, but 62 has their own series within that includes those races also. I cannot remember what was going on the first race at the 'Jam, but we missed it, so... Like I said, unlikely we make it up there, but it's not out of the question. It's going to be a long summer. A break here and there is nice...

Last edited:
Was the plan at one point, but 62 has their own series within that includes those races also. I cannot remember what was going on the first race at the 'Jam, but we missed it, so... Like I said, unlikely we make it up there, but it's not out of the question. It's going to be a long summer. A break here and there is nice...
Past few summers been long summers of baseball!

Past few summers been long summers of baseball!
Ugh, yes... Last year about killed me trying to juggle the two. The two month layoff killed the MX progression early summer. We made a nice recovery and building some skills this winter that should translate. Looking forward to motocross season and baseball season I must say or I'd be lying. Will be the deal until he makes a decision. ;)

Ugh, yes... Last year about killed me trying to juggle the two. The two month layoff killed the MX progression early summer. We made a nice recovery and building some skills this winter that should translate. Looking forward to motocross season and baseball season I must say or I'd be lying. Will be the deal until he makes a decision. ;)

Matthew did baseball for a couple years. I finally told him baseball and motocross don't work together. He chose motocross. Then he pretty much gave up football in high school for the same reason. Basketball is the only one that didn't interfere with racing. But basketball every weekend in January and February pretty much kept him from ever being able to take a weekend trip south to ride.

Matthew did baseball for a couple years. I finally told him baseball and motocross don't work together. He chose motocross. Then he pretty much gave up football in high school for the same reason. Basketball is the only one that didn't interfere with racing. But basketball every weekend in January and February pretty much kept him from ever being able to take a weekend trip south to ride.
Yeah, we're not there yet by no means. He's trying them all out. He's decent to good at all of them. Funny to watch some of the motohead only kids throw or try to catch a football, etc. at the races. He'll definitely have to make a choice if he wants to put in the time to be great at any of them, but chances are, he'll not go pro in any. It's all hobby at this point and may always be that way. MX by far being the most expensive, but most fun for me personally. I hope he sticks with MX and at this point seems as if he will, but he hasn't had any major challenges yet.

That all said, definitely a pain in the arse trying to schedule/do them all. This year (at least I am saying this right now...lol) baseball will take a backseat to some race weekends, etc. I mean, I have the moto schedule right now. We won't have the baseball schedule until a week before the season starts!

Basketball has to a minor extent this winter as we rescheduled one game and let the coach know we might be late to the game this last weekend's game because of racing earlier in the day. I however know the rescheduled race was an exception and some coaches will take a stand that he cannot play at all if he's late. Besides, this is biddy ball right now which can sometimes not be called "real ball". Once we get into the "big leagues" and the pro parents get worse, oh boy. I will have to practice caution in opening my mouth I know...lol.

Is what it is. More challenges to come, right? :)

Yeah, we're not there yet by no means. He's trying them all out. He's decent to good at all of them. Funny to watch some of the motohead only kids throw or try to catch a football, etc. at the races. He'll definitely have to make a choice if he wants to put in the time to be great at any of them, but chances are, he'll not go pro in any. It's all hobby at this point and may always be that way. MX by far being the most expensive, but most fun for me personally. I hope he sticks with MX and at this point seems as if he will, but he hasn't had any major challenges yet.

That all said, definitely a pain in the arse trying to schedule/do them all. This year (at least I am saying this right now...lol) baseball will take a backseat to some race weekends, etc. I mean, I have the moto schedule right now. We won't have the baseball schedule until a week before the season starts!

Basketball has to a minor extent this winter as we rescheduled one game and let the coach know we might be late to the game this last weekend's game because of racing earlier in the day. I however know the rescheduled race was an exception and some coaches will take a stand that he cannot play at all if he's late. Besides, this is biddy ball right now which can sometimes not be called "real ball". Once we get into the "big leagues" and the pro parents get worse, oh boy. I will have to practice caution in opening my mouth I know...lol.

Is what it is. More challenges to come, right? :)
Few years ago I was playing aau and racing. I went from eastfork for a LLAQ and went straight after my Moto to play in two AAU games

Few years ago I was playing aau and racing. I went from eastfork for a LLAQ and went straight after my Moto to play in two AAU games
Yep, you know the world we and some others are living in fo' sure. Thing is, Spencer's living, but doesn't understand it nor cares at this point. When he does, that will be a decision making point potentially. :)

Back