Arenacrash

Indoors suck. No one wants to ride them every week.
You're funny. Nothing is as black and white as you think Johnny. Just because you do not want to ride them therefore no one else wants to is plain dumb. I can give you plenty of folks to prove you wrong. Sure, come February, this itch for outdoors will come and attendance could lessen for some, but some folks actually like to ride John and do it EVERY WEEK. :)

I do agree with the Drew days. Loved me the Ohio State Fairgrounds races in the Coliseum and staying in the "cow barn" back in the day. Was definitely some good times I'll remember forever. Well, until the brain gives out. ;)

Indoors suck. No one wants to ride them every week. It was cool in the 90s when drew had his 5 races. But that's more than enough indoor time for anyone in a winter.

Drew Wolfe for indoor President. Nope he's retired. Probably sitting on the beach in Ormond Beach Florida.
I really do like indoors..

I really do like indoors..
Were close to my favorite back in the day. Still might be if I was riding this winter. Sure, nothing like a cool, clear sky morning at the outdoor track, dew steaming off the freshly turned chocolate brownie crumbles, but indoors are cool...for 3 months or so for sure. :)

I will say If my lungs didn’t feel like i was inhaling needles with the temps I’d do them more. But I do love watching summit. I’ll see if Gigi wants to give the stacyc a go again this winter.

Dave, all summer you say how these tracks should be national level rough and unmaintained after initial swamp prep.. that's pro stuff.. but now indoors, you want a bmx pump track to ride? I'm confused..

As I type this, it occured to me that I'm the exact opposite of you in this regard.. I want outdoor tracks maintained by mximplements, you want blown out wanna be nationals for the 3% that may ever go pro.. I like real arenacross and not pump track jumps. Lol
Ugh...no I never said that. I said if you're going to qualifiers for LL then the tracks need to replicate what you get there. LL doesn't have any big jumps really, it's bombed out rough. You can't expect to race a perfectly prepped track that's relatively smooth and expect to qualify at a regional or do good at the ranch.

The rest of the time, racing should be catered to the 90-95% of riders who aren't A level of they want to make money. That doesn't mean they can't have very difficult and technical options for A level riders. BC used to be very good about that. There have been lots of tracks that made that happen in the past and still today.
The best nationals with the best racing are the prepped tracks, not slot car tracks. Prove me wrong.
Lmfao....dude, what you are calling a prepped tracks for nationals is far rougher than anything we see locally.

And no, I don't agree with you. It may be closer racing, yes but that's because it's too easy. The rougher tracks let the better riders shine, they pull away from the pack. When 1st through 15th are all within a sec in lap times the track is too easy.

I will say If my lungs didn’t feel like i was inhaling needles with the temps I’d do them more. But I do love watching summit. I’ll see if Gigi wants to give the stacyc a go again this winter.
Summit is not Grand Rapids or Huntington.

My asthma sucks in the cold too for sure. If it's too cold I don't go. 20+ outside temp I can make it work indoors but bet your ass I got Albuterol with me lol.. ain't easy bein weezy..

Watching summit is fun. One thing I'm very familiar with there is how hard the ground is when you body slam onto it. Lol..

If you do the Stacyc thing be sure to know when the practice is because if they don't ride practice they can't ride the night show. Ask me how I know. One pissed off kid.. lol

Dont get me twisted tho Dave. I like rough. I like Baja. I like red bud. I enjoyed regional at BC.

When I raced Lorettas, the year I qualified my regional was red bud. Typical red bud get rough. Then I get to Lorettas and the prepped between nearly every moto lol.. one extreme to the next.. I just like to see a little maintenance through the day.

Pro ruts are different than C class ruts. Just saying. I love a good peg dragger, but not when it's got more hooks in it than Nevada has hooker. Once they reach hooker status, they need maintained is all. I'm not asking for the track to stay smooth.

I said if you're going to qualifiers for LL then the tracks need to replicate what you get there.
Why do they NEED to? I mean, I get what you are saying, but do all tracks replicate what the other tracks are at all levels? No. Just ride. Quit saying this NEEDS to be this and that NEEDS to be that because it doesn't. If you are fast, you are fast, no matter what...

My asthma sucks in the cold too for sure. If it's too cold I don't go. 20+ outside temp I can make it work indoors but bet your ass I got Albuterol with me lol.. ain't easy bein weezy..
I get it, but the asthma was a kid thing for me. Mostly in southern Cali 2nd through 5th grades. Smog is no joke. I wish I could blame it on the asthma now, but I can't. I am just fat and out of shape. Didn't get to chase Spencer around at the tracks enough this summer...

Pro ruts are different than C class ruts.
True statement...

Why do they NEED to? I mean, I get what you are saying, but do all tracks replicate what the other tracks are at all levels? No. Just ride. Quit saying this NEEDS to be this and that NEEDS to be that because it doesn't. If you are fast, you are fast, no
No true at all. I can show lots of people who can hang with fast guys at local tracks but then get smoked by the same fast guys at regionals simply because the track is rough.

You're right though, the tracks don't NEED to be that way...my bad. But if YOU want to be the fast guy in all conditions then you NEED to ride that stuff. So if your goal is to make LL and not be a back marker then qualifiers for LL NEED to mimic the conditions for LL. Otherwise what is the point ?

No true at all. I can show lots of people who can hang with fast guys at local tracks but then get smoked by the same fast guys at regionals simply because the track is rough.

You're right though, the tracks don't NEED to be that way...my bad. But if YOU want to be the fast guy in all conditions then you NEED to ride that stuff. So if your goal is to make LL and not be a back marker then qualifiers for LL NEED to mimic the conditions for LL. Otherwise what is the point ?
Yeah, I hear you, but I also hear the Peanuts teacher in the background. You are right, if you want to be good in all conditions, you will more than likely need to ride in them. A lot more goes into making it to and/or being competitive at LL than tracks mimicking LL prep...IMO.

Have I ever been there? No. Do I really know what it takes? No, not 100%. I'll NEVER act like I do either. Just my opinion on what I have seen to this point. My point was understood. Let's move along... ;)

I watch old nationals all the time working out. Best years are like 2012-2015. Tracks were rough but nothing like a slot car track. The racing was always really good and best racing by far than recent years. The tracks were rough but aloud riders to move around and when it’s so rough and rutted they can’t move around as much. Also when we talk about Loretta’s every jump on that track is safe there is zero ruts on them. So last year when we were complaining that a 100ft uphill triple was rutted to crap it was they need it to be rough like LL but LL doesn’t have ruts on faces and especially not on 100 footers. I think racing is far better when it’s rough with chop and some ruts that just insanely rutted because it becomes one lines the fastest and slot car

I watch old nationals all the time working out. Best years are like 2012-2015. Tracks were rough but nothing like a slot car track. The racing was always really good and best racing by far than recent years. The tracks were rough but aloud riders to move around and when it’s so rough and rutted they can’t move around as much. Also when we talk about Loretta’s every jump on that track is safe there is zero ruts on them. So last year when we were complaining that a 100ft uphill triple was rutted to crap it was they need it to be rough like LL but LL doesn’t have ruts on faces and especially not on 100 footers. I think racing is far better when it’s rough with chop and some ruts that just insanely rutted because it becomes one lines the fastest and slot car
I'll give you that. Not saying rough tracks aren't SX/MX, but saying it NEEDS to be that way isn't right either. Every rider has to ride the same track. Either you're fast or you're not. If you're not, you have work to do if you want to be.

2015 was the year that Tomac was smoking everyone by 1-2 minutes but the end of motos. That is exactly what I'm saying, but those are the years your dad says was too rough

Exactly my point, you're an A rider. The old layout was geared to riders like you but that's not who pays the bills generally.

As for prep, you must have caught a bad night. Ram jam has black dirt that is prepped fantastic, lots of tack always. 62 is really good too, his is more clay based. The day we were there it was super rutted every where including jump faces. Ram jam gets some ruts in the corners but not between or on jump faces. Again, A riders excel in those conditions, the other 90% not usually.

Differences are good, options are excellent for all of us. My only reason for posting this stuff is to try and show all these riders at 62 that ramjam is just as big or bigger and more importantly fun for the bulk of indoor riders. The race series the 2 tracks are putting on together should be packed.
A rider?! That’s laughable. After i crashed and broke my legs I’m afraid to hit jumps. Hell took me a whole ass session last night to hit a 30’ double bc i was afraid. I am far from an A rider, maybe mid pack B at best.

2015 was the year that Tomac was smoking everyone by 1-2 minutes but the end of motos. That is exactly what I'm saying, but those are the years your dad says was too rough
I remember like two years ago. The LL national was like a slot car track all the way around, the racing sucked. Talking pro national. Many tracks get that way, it's not even fun to watch. And local races are not LL. 97% of the people at a local will not be going to a regional or LL. So that is not their market, so why should the track Mimic LL conditions? Go to some practice track, never prep it and have fun practicing. But don't let the locals get beat to death....it's a local with guys looking to have fun, not get hurt.

I remember like two years ago. The LL national was like a slot car track all the way around, the racing sucked. Talking pro national. Many tracks get that way, it's not even fun to watch. And local races are not LL. 97% of the people at a local will not be going to a regional or LL. So that is not their market, so why should the track Mimic LL conditions? Go to some practice track, never prep it and have fun practicing. But don't let the locals get beat to death....it's a local with guys looking to have fun, not get hurt.
Because LL qualifiers get you to LL. I guess you missed where that's what I'm talking about.

A rider?! That’s laughable. After i crashed and broke my legs I’m afraid to hit jumps. Hell took me a whole ass session last night to hit a 30’ double bc i was afraid. I am far from an A rider, maybe mid pack B at best.
Well there you have it, didn't realize that.

Wait til you get my age, you'll really get scared lol

Back