2023 MERP Grand-Prix Series

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Zach Peters impressed me a lot this weekend. Looking at my video footage he wasn’t anywhere near top 5 at halfway - he latched on to Andy France and Andy drug him around the woods for a few laps then Zach took off to grab a podium spot.
Hopefully he can drag a few more moto guys over.

One other thing I thought of yesterday in regards to why merp had taken off, is the no membership fee to race.
If Logan wants to go to a mx race this rear, it's another 25 bucks on top of the other fees, plus some needing ama membership also if I recall. With 3 organizations in Ohio for mx $75 bucks extra if we end up doing 3 random races that each has organized.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Right, there is anyways some one to race or battle with or latch on to.
Agree with this. After getting the holeshot in my class and then throwing away the lead 3 turns later and getting up in last place, this is what helped me get back to top 3 in my class. You can always see someone in front of you which helps you charge. It’s also really good practice on how to be aggressive and make passes, bc in the woods there isnt always good areas to make passes, so sometimes you have to force the issue

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
0BE49F0B-78C6-4D5E-9B28-569C2EE4EC9E.jpeg

Mason Zoelle - Winner Mini 2

Uhrichsville, OH
04/20/2023
Words: Bierbower
Photos : Fraas

Mason Zoelle pulled down a big win in the Mini 2 class and the overall at the high noon showdown at the Crow Canyon GP. The soft spoken Dover, Ohio native is no stranger to racing in the woods. It’s shines through in his style. Zoelle boasts picture perfect technique and his riding style is smooth, in control and it seems like his throttle hand is directly connected to his rear wheel. I see a lot of Ben Kelly 530 type style in this kid - he’s tall and smooth.
The course played into his advantage being heavy on the woods portion but make no mistake - Zollege has won at MERP before (Grears GP 2022). So he clearly pays attention to his motocross craft - which looks to be improving with each GP he races. Mason has a great team around him and a younger brother (Ryder) chasing him. After his moto at noon Mason went straight back to the line to grab a podium in the stacked schoolboy class! Off-Road guys apparently never get tired

Shout out to Mason’s brother Ryder as well - Ryder grabbed a podium in the 9AM race. Style is genetic as far as I can tell - little brother is a smooth criminal himself.

This will not be the last time you hear from the Zoelle crew - both boys are riding well and I expect to see them at the pointy end of the pack all season long.

@seat_bounce_media

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
17EE88D1-59F7-4DEE-92FC-0CFFD1B62894.jpeg

The Wiseco Consistency Award for the Crow Canyon GP goes to William Nicholas!

William pulled down consistent laps in Mini 3 on his KX65 machine and gets a $125 gift card for it!

Lap 2 - 11:46.87
Lap 3 - 11:45.35

Congratulations William and thank you Wiseco for supporting our Mini 3 65cc racers!

Photo Credit - Adam Parks

hershey

PR Elite
Hopefully he can drag a few more moto guys over.

One other thing I thought of yesterday in regards to why merp had taken off, is the no membership fee to race.
If Logan wants to go to a mx race this rear, it's another 25 bucks on top of the other fees, plus some needing ama membership also if I recall. With 3 organizations in Ohio for mx $75 bucks extra if we end up doing 3 random races that each has organized.
Eh. I know 75 bucks isn't chump change but I think anyone who is into dirt bikes isn't worrying about 25 bucks for a membership. I'd be surprised if anyone who likes to race actually factors that in instead of using it as lip service.

And if you really do condmsider that, you need to find something else to do lol

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Eh. I know 75 bucks isn't chump change but I think anyone who is into dirt bikes isn't worrying about 25 bucks for a membership. I'd be surprised if anyone who likes to race actually factors that in instead of using it as lip service.

And if you really do condmsider that, you need to find something else to do lol
Might not seem like much, but i was just taking to some fellas at rt62 last night about merp gp races and one thing they were shocked about and repeated back to me is when I said there was no membership fee. So it factors in.

hershey

PR Elite
Might not seem like much, but i was just taking to some fellas at rt62 last night about merp gp races and one thing they were shocked about and repeated back to me is when I said there was no membership fee. So it factors in.
I get that but talking about it and having it stop you from racing are two different things. Just about everybody complains about racing fees in general. CTMX is a prime example, it costs a crazy amount to race there and just about everyone there will complain about it yet the regularly get the largest turnouts in ohio.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I get that but talking about it and having it stop you from racing are two different things. Just about everybody complains about racing fees in general. CTMX is a prime example, it costs a crazy amount to race there and just about everyone there will complain about it yet the regularly get the largest turnouts in ohio.
That's true.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Epic! Happy Birthday Logan!

He looked like he was throwing the 65 around pretty easy.

He’s ready for it - excited to see his technique on the bigger bike!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
View attachment 78753

Got a nice little interview with our own Logan Wilson for our magazine - He grabbed several wins at Crow Canyon.

He was also chugging grape faygo post moto so I will be working that into my program at some point because results don’t lie.
He was going to town on that grape faygo, he doesn't get much soda style drinks so he enjoys it when he does lol.
He is super excited for the magazine!