2023 RED BUD NATIONAL PRE-RACE REPORT: INJURED LIST, TV SCHEDULE & MORE

Deeeeeeeegan! Old toddco probably has a boner now. He just needs bam bam to come back and ruin Jett’s perfect season! Then he’ll probably cream!! Bahaha!!!!

Tracks are a joke at this point. To know what I raced at regionals and then to watch what the pros raced. The regional track was way deeper and rough

Deeeeeeeegan! Old toddco probably has a boner now. He just needs bam bam to come back and ruin Jett’s perfect season! Then he’ll probably cream!! Bahaha!!!!
Hate all you want! Hyped for Deegan!!! Good for Jett winning. 15yrs from now we will be talking about how great he was and his perfect season. Just like when we all hated Ricky for making the races boring. Now we talk how we wish Ricky still raced. And how great those days were.

I do wish Bam Bam was back. It would make things a little more exciting. Calling it now. Not sure Tomac could beat Jett. When Tomac goes Tomac he’s unstoppable. But you also will get 6th place Tomac. Jett is just better.

Was in line for night race sign up after the pro race. My son asks me why is Hayden and is sister on scooters down here. I said ya right it’s not them. I turn around and look. And sure enough it’s them. My son asked him for a picture and he ignored him. Which is fine he has no obligations to anyone. Just goes to show how into moto the family is. After his first ever career win the kid isn’t celebrating big. They’re just hanging out at the track after. And I am not a fan of his just saying.

Hailee is probably faster on the scooter than a Nascar truck. At least there are no walls for her to run into.

Good win for Deegan. But he didn't beat Hunter heads up to do it. I am not a Deegan fan. I think the kids a a punk. But hey he won at Red Bud.

Great job by Mitchy running in the top 25. Got some TV time as the leaders were coming through too. Great job though making his second national.

Was in line for night race sign up after the pro race. My son asks me why is Hayden and is sister on scooters down here. I said ya right it’s not them. I turn around and look. And sure enough it’s them. My son asked him for a picture and he ignored him. Which is fine he has no obligations to anyone. Just goes to show how into moto the family is. After his first ever career win the kid isn’t celebrating big. They’re just hanging out at the track after. And I am not a fan of his just saying.
Cant stand how he acts king s*** better than anyone attitude.

This is interesting.. still haven't finished red bud but here I am watching Lima.. new YZ rippin! Although they just had to have a commercial in the middle of a 10 minute race.. lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230703_002516255.jpg
    PXL_20230703_002516255.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 53
I give Deegan a little benefit of the doubt. He's a kid living a life none of us could grasp. I'm surprised he's not more of a s**t head. My kid loves him for some reason and thankfully in Daytona he kept that alive by talking well with her and being surprisingly enthusiastic about the interaction. If he spent time with everyone wanting a pic or autograph I can't imagine he'd do anything else at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702-202722.png
    Screenshot_20230702-202722.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 78
Ps.. I completely get what Mathew is saying. Red bud looked great for the pros. Id love to ride it in that condition. They seemed to do a fair job keeping some areas rough (the downhills) and other sections useable, like after the finish line or through the first couple corners after the start. Usually the first right hand turn they have been letting get stupid rough and rutty. It sucked as a "first turn" with no maintenance. Each start I've watched so far it all looked good. Leap outside line even looked fair.

Saw this on Friday on red buds Facebook reels or whatever they are..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-170027.png
    Screenshot_20230630-170027.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 87
so how about red bud decides to cut out 7 2nd motos on friday.. they just "dont have time" to finish. but hey, they gave you $20 back for it.

track was gnarly friday afternoon.
You're just supposed to be ok with it because it's red bud, didn't you know? Can't share that you think it's BS because someone will say you're lucky you got to ride there at all.. lol

Tracks are a joke at this point. To know what I raced at regionals and then to watch what the pros raced. The regional track was way deeper and rough
Dude...the prep is exactly the same. The track is rougher and lines suck because you have 900 idiots that can't ride like the pros.

I've rode there at both race weekends, it's not opinion or feelings, it's fact.

Ha, you guys are too funny:

Synopsis for the sour grapes.

They made us get up early.

I had to get out my wallet just so the lady could put a plastic arm band on me before they even let me in.

When I got out of the truck, there was dew on the grass and my shoes got wet.

The guy on the PA was constantly saying the same thing.

My neighbor was making breakfast and used the same spatula in the eggs and then the sausage.

They put me in a corral and made me wait in a group before letting me out on the track.

They let others out on the track at the same time as me.

Some of the guys were fast, some of the guys weren’t,

Some dude in the group had a clapped out 02 RM 250. Some other guy a kickstand.

The track was perfect for practice, and my inner McGrath was noticed by all the fans

I barely got practice done and they started calling us up for racing.

They never touched the track with any equipment, except to clean up the start area.

They rushed through the race day.

They put other classes on the gate with me

I only got 4 laps practice and 4 laps in the Motos

I was tired, dirty & sore on the drive home.

For the others:

It was a good time.
Thinner crowd, because I think a lot of folks were questioning the weather.
Track was perfect in the morning and stayed great all day.
15 Motos total

We had a little drizzle right after the last practice. Then again at the end of the first pro sport Moto.
Never effected the track. Actually may have helped.

It got rough. It got nasty with big big bumps on the down hills.

By using the pro sections, the track gains a very wide feeling throughout the entire lap.
It makes it feel much more flowing.

Fun day !!!!!! Glad I went!

Last edited:
View attachment 78918View attachment 78919View attachment 78920View attachment 78921View attachment 78922View attachment 78923View attachment 78924View attachment 78925
And this 300sx is the ultimate weapon. In the power everywhere. Never falls on its face. Crispy everywhere. (Suspension isn’t a kyb sss but the other gains make the bike far superior to the Yamaha ) Homologate these things and let’s see what a privateer can do with it…..
You just wanted to say homo

Hailee is probably faster on the scooter than a Nascar truck. At least there are no walls for her to run into.

Good win for Deegan. But he didn't beat Hunter heads up to do it. I am not a Deegan fan. I think the kids a a punk. But hey he won at Red Bud.

Great job by Mitchy running in the top 25. Got some TV time as the leaders were coming through too. Great job though making his second national.
Thanks..been a fun couple races between HP and RB. Boy learned a lot and had 80 to qualify through at HP and 90 riders at RB.to get
to those 40 bike main gates..still lots to work on but taking a break from pro races to get ready for LL..most likely his last there…and he ruined his chances to race some vet classes at Loretta’s later in life getting that 20th o/a and a pro point at HP. .Just gotta keep grinding.

Appreciate all the Ohio home support..been really cool.
IMG_4230.jpeg
IMG_4229.jpeg
IMG_4228.jpeg

Back