108 MOTOS

I noticed that Racer TV is starting with first motos at 7:30 am and running until 6:30 pm for Monday - Friday and 7:30 am - 3:3:0 pm on Saturday.
I saw that too and got excited. However, still 830 our time? Previous years was 9 our time if I remember correctly. Guess a half hour more is better than none.

I saw that too and got excited. However, still 830 our time? Previous years was 9 our time if I remember correctly. Guess a half hour more is better than none.
I thought it was 10:00 am, but you may be correct. I just remember starting the day listening on the computer or phone before switching to the tv. Either way, productivity next week will drop significantly.

Dammit Karen, mind your own business.......let Dax race

Some of these Vitards need to know the rules before posting
And for the one's whining about racing (limited) AMA pro and LL's, they would have had a stroke back in the day when the only disqualifying factor in A mod (renamed pro sport) was a factory contract. In 1998, Nick Wey finished 9th in AMA Pro 125mx and won LL 125 A/pro sport.

And don't get me started on the vet classes. Jeff Glass won the 25+ class while still racing the ama pro series.

Last edited:

Some of these Vitard's need to know the rules before posting
And for the one's whining about racing (limited) AMA pro and LL's, they would have had a stroke back in the day when the only disqualifying factor in A mod (renamed pro sport) was a factory contract. In 1998, Nick Wey finished 9th in AMA Pro 125mx and won LL 125 A/pro sport.

And don't get me started on the vet classes. Jeff Glass won the 25+ class while still racing the ama pro series.
Once ML provided a little more info, i think it dispelled some of the confusion. I can't keep track of who has done what but I do feel as if any kid who qualifies for nats should only be in pro sport. Duno if any are in A or not honestly.

Vet classes are fn stupid these days. Sportsman don't mean crap. It's all a joke for most 40+ working guys. (Not 40 hours now but paid to race once before).

Fast 40 since the beginning of recorded stats = Vet Pro (the current +25 as to not add another class). Starting at +30 on up, anyone who has never made the fast 40. Fair for local A guys, guys who have held a card but never quite cut it.

Duno if any are in A or not honestly.
Since around 2010 the A or Pro/Sport classes have had confusing names and rules. Since 2019 the only option for a racer under 25 with an A or pro card is 250 and/or 450 pro sport. Between 2010-2018, it varied from year to year. Sometimes there was 250A, 250 P/S, and 450 P/S; sometimes it was just 250A and 450 P/S. It appears 250 P/S and 450 P/s will stick.
Vet classes are fn stupid these days.
I agree, when I first went to LL in 1990 it was simple, senior 30 and senior 40. If you fit the age group and did not have a factory contract you were eligible. Plus 25 was added in 1991 and Vet B (30 plus) was added in 1992....those were simpler times.

Some more predictions or racers to keep an eye on.
250B ltd/ 450B ltd: Leum Oehlhof and Jeremy Fabini…enuf said. These two west coasters will battle it out all week. Leum dominated the qualifiers and no reason he should not take the title. Any self respecting person from D15 will be cheering for Leum, His parents and gradparents are as good as it gets. Unfortunately, Luke Fauser won’t be out there as he would have been a definite threat for the podium with a title chance.

S/mini 1 and 2: Expect to see Seth Dennis and Landen Gordon battling for the titles. Both have won at the ranch. Seth has 10 podiums and moved up from mini sr last year (2/3) while Landen has an extra year on the s/mini finishing 3rd and 4th. The stats say go with Seth, but you have to respect some one running a single digit number in a youth or B class. I don’t think he will run the pace of Dennis and Gordon, but keep an eye on Caden Dudney also.

Sr Mini 2: Probably Wey, Shipley, Getz, or Seeby. Wey and Shipley are my front runners with Getz and Seeby being contenders if they can figure out how to put 3 motos together.

85cc 10-12: Wyatt Thurman, Maddox Timmerman, and Nolan Ford all have a shot at the title with Elliot Bowsher also in contention for a podium spot. I’ll give the edge to Thurman as he has more time on the 85.

The final thoughts on some vet classes.
The 25+ should be a showdown between two former national number holders, Jacob Hayes and Ben Lemay. I thought Lance Vincent would join that party, but his AQ/RQ results were disappointing for some one that had a very good amateur career. I am going with Jacob on this one, he is running with Julien Beaumer at the qualifiers and Julien is a contender for the Pro Sport title….does that make Jacob a contender also? Wouldn’t it be great to see a double winner in Plus 25 & 450 P/S? The list of racers to compete for the final podium and fill out the top five include Heath Harrison, Kris Keefer, Broc Peterson, and Luke Vonlinger.

I am taking the easy way out for Plus 30 and just going with the local guys. Broc Peterson, Mike Mercer, and (formerly local) Kenny Henry. Others to watch are Jeff Loop, Chad Wages, Dustin Jenson, Alex Hidebrand, Alex Woskob, Nicholas Neys, Devin Adair, and Jered Trepanier. I guess that is what makes this class exciting, there are 11 racers that have a legitimate chance of being on the podium. I an willing to bet a beer (or a hot fudge sundae if you don’t drink) that the winner of this class will not sweep and it is possible to have a champion that does not win a moto.

40+. Welcome back to the Jeff Emig and Mike Brown show. The battle for 3rd should be between Ben Riddle, Barry Carsten, Kris Keefer, Dennis Stapleton, and Scott Metz.

Last edited:
The final thoughts on some vet classes.
The 25+ should be a showdown between two former national number holders, Jacob Hayes and Ben Lemay. I thought Lance Vincent would join that party, but his AQ/RQ results were disappointing for some one that had a very good amateur career. I am going with Jacob on this one, he is running with Julien Beaumer at the qualifiers and Julien is a contender for the Pro Sport title….does that make Jacob a contender also? Wouldn’t it be great to see a double winner in Plus 25 & 450 P/S? The list of racers to compete for the final podium and fill out the top five include Heath Harrison, Kris Keefer, Broc Peterson, and Luke Vonlinger.

I am taking the easy way out for Plus 30 and just going with the local guys. Broc Peterson, Mike Mercer, and (formerly local) Kenny Henry. Others to watch are Jeff Loop, Chad Wages, Dustin Jenson, Alex Hidebrand, Alex Woskob, Nicholas Neys, Devin Adair, and Jered Trepanier. I guess that is what make this class exciting, there are 11 racers that have a legitimate chance of being on the podium. I an willing to bet a beer (or a hot fudge sundae if you don’t drink) that the winner of this class will not sweep and it is possible to have a champion that does not win a moto.

40+. Welcome back to the Jeff Emig and Mike Brown show. The battle for 3rd should be between Ben Riddle, Barry Carsten, Kris Keefer, Dennis Stapleton, and Scott Metz.
Ill be surprised if emig has anything for baker factory brown. Almost think keefer may have emig.

Some of these Vitards need to know the rules before posting

I was curious about this as well. Glad the question was asked and glad it was cleared up. I didn't take the question as a shot against Dax.

I will defer to Mr. Iverson's comments above, but Jacob Hayes just laid the smack down to the youngsters in the 450 P/S practice. At least all of the youngsters except Dax and Julien Beaumer. I thought it was a cute joke when I commented that it would be cool to see a double class winner combining 450 P/s and Plus 25. It may happen.

Last edited:
@bruceb Last year Cole Martinez won both a vet class and pro sport. If I recall correctly, they mentioned it has been a while since that happen as well. Do you know what happen to Kevin Walker, when I first started following am racing he was whipping all the vet guys? I'm with you on Dennis for the mini class, he has a ton of will to win!

Cant wait till the morning, I love watching the comebacks during this week! The downed and out kid on the first lap who put on the charge of his lifetime and makes an impression. Most of the riders I root for now I have picked up from their LL years.

And go Kenny! He's gonna get that No. 1 plate soon, hopefully like next few days soon!

Last year Cole Martinez won both a vet class and pro sport.
I remember that. Cole did that with 4-3-1 motos. I don't see that getting it done this year. I think it will take at least 2 moto wins to win the class, whether it is Dax, Jacob, Beaumer, or Matti J.
Do you know what happen to Kevin Walker
Long story short. He made a (very) poor decision, lost his Yamaha support, and was told to stay away from LL's for 10 years. Plus other former pros are joining the +40 class.
Cant wait till the morning, I love watching the comebacks during this week! The downed and out kid on the first lap who put on the charge of his lifetime and makes an impression. Most of the riders I root for now I have picked up from their LL years.
I totally agree. I only missed 2 years from 1990 to 2017 and made some great friends along the way.
And go Kenny!
Again I agree. I have never met Kenny, only seen him race as a vet, but you guys to the north seem to like him, so that is good enough for me.

Last edited:
So Awesome Bruce !
Your analysis makes it even more exciting. Now I’ll never leave the fence

It got rough today.
They didn’t rip it all that deep.
Still,
That many fast guys hammering that many laps takes its toll.
It’s personally came out right away.
Separating those that can from those that can’t.

Great day !!!
Gate drops tomorrow!

My great nephew is a Bradshaw fan!

Attachments

• Charlie127.jpg
    Charlie127.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 51
  • Bradshaw45.jpg
    Bradshaw45.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 50
Back