Stewart arrested for impersonating a police officer.

Once again, a 25 year old athlete that has NEVER lived in the real world does something not even thinking about what might happen. Bubba lives in "Bubbas World" ........ and guess what? There is a real world where there are laws.......

AMA should suspend him just like JLaw. It is a priveledge to be able to play or participate in ANY professional sport.....NOT a right.

What an idiot.

My thoughts exactly !

This post has turned into something completely different and has become a Police Officer debate about "bad" cops. I'd like to point out that in any profession, you have bad apples that sour the profession as bad people and their stories tend to lead the news in our world and have a bigger impact than good ones. If you need real world examples to see what I'm talking about....... think Catholic Priests, Cuyahoga County Government Officials, TV Evangelists, etc etc.

Sure there are Police Officers out there that abuse their power just as there are Police Officers out there that do things by the book and properly. Sure there are athletes out there that live a great life and don't abuse the laws as they realize they pertain to them as well as all the Pro Athlete Horror stories we hear about as well. Sure there are politicians that really care about their constituents and work tirelessly to make a better community as well as the ones that are there for kickbacks, favors, and greed. Sure there are Catholic priests out there that work endlessly to help people become more in touch with religion and the moral code of chritianity and others that sexually molested young boys.

The fact of the matter is, that no matter where you go, who you deal with, and what profession you are in........ you have good people and bad people. It's not the profession............ it's human nature. Surround yourself with good people and do as many good things as you can for yourself and others and chances are that more good than bad will come your way.

The fact of the matter is, that no matter where you go, who you deal with, and what profession you are in........ you have good people and bad people. It's not the profession............ it's human nature. Surround yourself with good people and do as many good things as you can for yourself and others and chances are that more good than bad will come your way.

amen

Im sure Jamie Little will embarrass him about it on the podium next week one way or the other though. I wish the media and Ama would just regulate and report there racing. Like Crute said his job shouldn't punish him for off the clock happenings.

Georgie you assume he is going to be on the podium. I think he thought he was going to be on the podium every week too.

Trooper said in the video it is a Felony to impersonate a police officer........The courts usually do not take too kindly to people impersonating a police officer. And my guess is, the judge is not a Supercross fan, and could care less. Once again, a 25 year old athlete that has NEVER lived in the real world does something not even thinking about what might happen. Bubba lives in "Bubbas World" ........ and guess what? There is a real world where there are laws.......

AMA should suspend him just like JLaw. It is a priveledge to be able to play or participate in ANY professional sport.....NOT a right.

What an idiot.
jlaw was suspended because his bad acts were on track/venue property.
also, stewart is too big of a name to suspend. sales would go down.

I'm sure there is a clause in his contracts he signs that deal with conduct unbecoming!! This I'm sure would pertain to actions on and off the track!! Tiger Woods lost millions due to his actions and they were off the golf course. Image is everything these days.

Dont you mean Erin Bates?

yes he meant erin bates

ErinBates1.jpg

I am not saying what he did was anything but wrong or illegal, but who on here has not done something stupid in the name of fun?

Yeah, just show's the dude is human and likes to have fun away from MX. Stupid? Yes. Funny? Yes. Bad luck? Kinda. He'll get past it. Leave it up to the media to make it a HUGE deal.

Good thing I'm as old as I am and have done a few things I kinda regret or I'd be trying that tomorrow just to see if I could get away with it! ;)

Once again, a 25 year old athlete that has NEVER lived in the real world does something not even thinking about what might happen. Bubba lives in "Bubbas World" ........ and guess what? There is a real world where there are laws.......

What an idiot.

My thoughts exactly !

Really? You guys are silly. Must suck to be perfect....

I'm sure there is a clause in his contracts he signs that deal with conduct unbecoming!! This I'm sure would pertain to actions on and off the track!! Tiger Woods lost millions due to his actions and they were off the golf course. Image is everything these days.

I think the big difference here is the perspective people are using.

The rider/spectator : no big deal, he is just being a funny guy. What did he really hurt ? It was just bad luck ( well this one doesnt make sense no matter how you look at it ) ! Give the guy a break, Blah blah blah.

The sponsor/team owner : Great, this guy just made us look like an idiot. What are people going to think we stand for if we sponsor/employ a guy like this ?

The latter is where I come from just because I am a business owner. And yes, if I had an employee who did this I would think twice about how he is performing or acting when on the job for me. I certainly would not hire a person who acted this way. If customers knew they wouldn't want that employee on their job. I have had customers ask that certain employees not be allowed on jobs because of behavior and those employees usually find themselves in the unemployment line somewhere down the road.

It is all about Image ust like firedan says. Why do you think a big part of why JLaw lost his ride? Sure poor results but part of that was image. No companies wanted to be associated with that fool. JS7 isnt there yet but I am sure Nike doesnt want another Tiger Woods publicity incident. Not to mention his team.......

Honestly I feel bad for the kid. I'm sure he is getting an a$$ chewing from big James. He was just joking around and got caught. I would bet he will not be in the news for anything negative again. We understand because we ride but the general public, because of the news, will want to see something done.

I have only one comment.....I wouldnt worry about the AMA or the Judge....Compared to what Big Jim is going to do to him....

I have only one comment.....I wouldnt worry about the AMA or the Judge....Compared to what Big Jim is going to do to him....

I agree.

As for the biz owner sponsoring him comment, I can appreciate and understand that, but geez, let's look at the situation and person here. It wasn't a assult, drugs, or adultry. Bad judgement, probably. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone I don't figure, just have some fun. His bad.

I do not want to downplay what he did, but man, it was a single mistake. Now if it happens again, well then that's a different story. I think his sponsors understand that. Tiger screwed up multiple times, just got caught once in the end, plus hurt more than just him and his sponsors. His crimes will live with him forever. Bubba's will be forgotten in a few weeks...

I just cannot stand peeps who can spread judgment when their hands are dirty also. Maybe they're not and that's all and good, but as much as I hate to say it, I think those with perfectly clean hands either leave a very boring life or are a part of the higher being....

I'm out. It's all good. Have fun! ;)

Who is really sure what they were attempting to do by ordering someone to pull over? Was he really joking? Or something possibly more serious? We will probably never know....

being a part time js hater myself, i have to agree, if thats the worst thing he has done it isnt so bad. god knows ive done worse and until you get caught you dont think much of it but a good laugh. go reed dungey and canard

Back