Ahh, the "C-class" thread

Scenic Highlands had a rule when they first started with races of No Jumping Triples in the C classes.

Once in the rider meeting and it almost turned into a riot about it, one idiot even pulled out his cell phone and started yelling on the phone "don't bother comin' you ain't allowed to do any jumps!"
At the arenacross races that is one of the rules for the C class.( For the American Motor Sports series )

I don't know why this isn't petitioned and taken to the Ama. We pay our memberships every year. They bother me on the phone when its close to renewal time so why shouldn't we bother them about something that people only ***** about? Something needs done

I raced at Daniel boone MX in Kentucky a few years back. It was an AMA sanctioned race and they made it clear about what jumps "c" class riders were NOT allowed to do.

I agree with the moving up from mini classes straight to "B" if that rider was in the top five , they are not NOVICE riders by any means !!!!!

I raced at Daniel boone MX in Kentucky a few years back. It was an AMA sanctioned race and they made it clear about what jumps "c" class riders were NOT allowed to do.

I agree with the moving up from mini classes straight to "B" if that rider was in the top five , they are not NOVICE riders by any means !!!!!
When my son Tommy race PW 50 after the second year his District card said B on it.

I know I am going to catch hell from some people and some will agree with me. Scott, scotty is not a C rider. He has been racing since he was 5 and has tried for LL every year and is a very good rider. He has fell in the same boat that my son has. Fast enough and a good enough rider to qualify for LL but something always happens at the regional and luck has never been on our side. Tanner just got on the big bikes and I guarentee you he could make LL in the c class this year because techniquly he is legal to ride c class. I saw quite a few kids last year that jumped to big bikes and went straight to c class to qualify for LL. They made it and finished mid pack. Not because they werent the fastest but beacuae there is ALWAYS carnage in the first turn of c class. I learned about 3 years ago that LL is a great accomplishment but it is not all its wrapped up to be. Take a look at the top 40 guys in both classes Sat. night in supercross and I guarentee you that 1/2 of them never made LL or never finished in the top 10. Its even higher in the outdoor Nationals. If you are doing this to make a living think twice. There are about 10 MX/SX riders that are making big money at racing. The rest are getting by and even paying to be on a team. I talked to o riders dad that was the next big thing 2 years ago and won LL and a hand full of nationasl. His first year contract with a Privateer team (although big name) was $80,000. That may sound great but his dad said that that was a drop in the bucket over the last 10 years that he spent to get him there. The next year he signed for a little more than $30,000. Keep up the dream but be realistic in your choices. The next Ricky IS out there but it may not be your kid. JMO

I respect what you have to say John but its been 2 years since he has tried for LL and has only raced a handful of times in the past 2 years. The way I look at it is other kids that he has raced and have beat him are running class this year, hell 1 even raced 250c last year.Scottie has only had a big bike for alittle over a mounth and has only had 1 gate drop and that was pyma. As we all know national C class is fast as hell weather we like it or not and I feel this is the best place for my son to work his way back into the sport lets keep in mind this is still only a 14 year old boy. I dont really care about LL its not my dream its my sons Im to dam fat to be hanging out in TN in Aug anyways. We are also racing school boy, I dont see Scottie walking away taking over all wins in C class (nationaly llq) but if its acake walk for him then I will move him myself to B buts its mine and his call nobody else. When we raced before I took alot away from my sons racing with my big mouth and bad temper and just being adumbass mini dad, we took 2 years off I mended a few bridges started a new co. that Scottie works at everyday and got back into the sport looking to have a great time with both my boys. Its time to shut my mouth and let my sons racing do all the talking now. Localy my son was a great rider but nationly he never caught a break, hell he has never been in impound after a moto and thats where all the kids want to be because thats where all the fast cool kids are. Again he has worked very hard on and off the track and never has been a top rider in his class but maybe its his time now. At the end of the day tomorrow we will see how he stacks up.

I respect everthing you are saying and I wish you guys all the luck in the world. When I was racing back in 1981 you had 5 races to race c class then you had to move up, no matter what class you start in and I really think thats a good idea. Scares you seeing them on big bikes doesn't it? When we go practicing at tracks I very rarely watch him hit the big jumps, it scares the hell out of me even though they are probably safer on the big bikes. We havent raced much in the last 2 years either. School sports are the main focus right now but he still loves to ride. I guess I just don't consider kids that have raced for 7 years at a pretty high level at times "c" riders. Good luck the rest of the year.

I respect what you have to say John but its been 2 years since he has tried for LL and has only raced a handful of times in the past 2 years. The way I look at it is other kids that he has raced and have beat him are running class this year, hell 1 even raced 250c last year.Scottie has only had a big bike for alittle over a mounth and has only had 1 gate drop and that was pyma. As we all know national C class is fast as hell weather we like it or not and I feel this is the best place for my son to work his way back into the sport lets keep in mind this is still only a 14 year old boy. I dont really care about LL its not my dream its my sons Im to dam fat to be hanging out in TN in Aug anyways. We are also racing school boy, I dont see Scottie walking away taking over all wins in C class (nationaly llq) but if its acake walk for him then I will move him myself to B buts its mine and his call nobody else. When we raced before I took alot away from my sons racing with my big mouth and bad temper and just being adumbass mini dad, we took 2 years off I mended a few bridges started a new co. that Scottie works at everyday and got back into the sport looking to have a great time with both my boys. Its time to shut my mouth and let my sons racing do all the talking now. Localy my son was a great rider but nationly he never caught a break, hell he has never been in impound after a moto and thats where all the kids want to be because thats where all the fast cool kids are. Again he has worked very hard on and off the track and never has been a top rider in his class but maybe its his time now. At the end of the day tomorrow we will see how he stacks up.

Scott

I don't know you but I respect your ability to see the problems you've had in the past with racing. And I also respect the fact that you have done what was needed to fix that. It is huge for a person to admit to and fix personal problems, what a great thing to show your children how to live.

We have different opinions on what riders belong in the "C" class but you have earned my respect anyway !

Good luck to your family !

The only problem with making a rule about "after X races in C class, you have to move up..." is that not everyone is a B rider after X races. I think someone mentioned that earlier in the thread. I have raced more than 10 races (probably not by much though) in C class and am still a true C rider. For me, my limit is more about the jumps. I am more comfortable on a bike then ever, and I think my cornering is getting better, but my inability to go big on jumps keeps me below a B rider.

No set of rules will work for this issue. Riders just need to know their place. People in the stands should be able to make a ruling! Protest a C rider whipping it in the 1st moto so they get bumped to B for moto 2.

The only problem with making a rule about "after X races in C class, you have to move up..." is that not everyone is a B rider after X races. I think someone mentioned that earlier in the thread. I have raced more than 10 races (probably not by much though) in C class and am still a true C rider. For me, my limit is more about the jumps. I am more comfortable on a bike then ever, and I think my cornering is getting better, but my inability to go big on jumps keeps me below a B rider.

No set of rules will work for this issue. Riders just need to know their place. People in the stands should be able to make a ruling! Protest a C rider whipping it in the 1st moto so they get bumped to B for moto 2.

I wish they made the announcer the judge of advancement. I can tell you a lot of people wouldn't like me. Well let me rephrase that....I know a lot more people would dislike me than there are currently.

I wont mention a rider name but there is one that raced 250c, supermini, schoolboy in the same day and won them all numerous times where I was announcing. That's garbage.

And if your jumping a mini and have clutch control skills, as well as a decent style then you shouldbt be in c class, no matter if you took a couple years break or not.

Just a small update - today my son was beat for the over all by a kid that raced a 125 in 2009 and last year raced 4 LLq in 250C stock and 250C mod and made it to regional in 250C mod. After seeing that i feel better about my son racing C that class today had a 40 man gate and all 40 made it thru the narrow 1st turn and the top 15-20 where flat out flying.

I wish they made the announcer the judge of advancement. I can tell you a lot of people wouldn't like me. Well let me rephrase that....I know a lot more people would dislike me than there are currently.

LOL!!! Eventually you get to a point, like me, when nobody likes you Then it makes it much easier to say whatever you want to!!!! LOL

Ok Georgie maybe they should be but guess what they where not. The C class may be full of sandbaggers as you and a few others say and I would agree with you on a few riders but it is what it is and they are in C and they are fast as hell and intill rules change its doing no good judging people. There has been so much BS talk about this subject that as long as we are trying to make LL we will not race any CRA 250C class so now the local sandbaggers can hash it out. I would think you would help bring people into the sport you suport rather than push them away by posting your personal feelings about a class that means nothing to you. Check your CRA results from the past few years and see how many go from super mini to C.

new to the forum but i raced for 10 years before selling everything. had to give my 2 cents on the subject (not only did I have to go to B off mini's, I got bumped to A after 2 Years and 2 major injuries in the B class) ... While the C class does have "sandbaggers" it actually isnt a giant problem, especially around here. Rules are rules. You look into anything and there will always be someone trying to find loopholes, its going to happen, you just have to deal with it. If people want to try to avoid getting points and staying back, let them. It isnt going to hurt you, only them. And georgie, when you said "they all should be lined up in the B class," you can't do this. The class would simply be over crowded and seeing how's it is usually the most packed gate at any race, you would end up getting to big of a variety of riders. Once you start keeping a close eye on C and moving them up, the same must be done with the B class, which on a national level is giant. Also, the C riders who are trying to make it to L.L. they know what they are in for. No true C rider is going to make it, end of story. If you want to make it, you must have experience. I mean yes almost all the C riders at L.L. have the ability to ride B, but also, all B riders at L.L. have more than enough ability to ride A. You really have to look at it from a national stand point, especially when deciding upon rules. While, it may seem that some C riders around here are fast compared to others local C riders, you have to ask yourself how do they really stack up on a national level?

Ok Georgie maybe they should be but guess what they where not. The C class may be full of sandbaggers as you and a few others say and I would agree with you on a few riders but it is what it is and they are in C and they are fast as hell and intill rules change its doing no good judging people. There has been so much BS talk about this subject that as long as we are trying to make LL we will not race any CRA 250C class so now the local sandbaggers can hash it out. I would think you would help bring people into the sport you suport rather than push them away by posting your personal feelings about a class that means nothing to you. Check your CRA results from the past few years and see how many go from super mini to C.

The C class is the most packed class these days justspectating. Used to be more B riders back 5-7 years ago, locally. Nationally all gates are full by Regionals. But now the B class is dead. I agree with all your points you make. It's a headache. It comes back to people should move themselves up when they know they're no longer a C rider. Nationally, B turned faster laps than A riders...but so have schoolboy riders. 23_Racing isn't the first to do this, and won't be the last. I don't hate the guy...I hate the AMA for letting it happen year after year for money. Do whatever you want in the CRA, they have been around a long time and are running things just fine, which means run 250C around here Scott but just expect to take a beating with words and let it roll off your back and everyone's happy.

Back