Red Bud Open Practice April 23

I am in for Redbud! Motorhome is packed and about ready to go...Depending on what time my Wife gets home from work we may head out tonight and hit Apple Cabin and just head towards Redbud from there!!!

I am in for Redbud! Motorhome is packed and about ready to go...Depending on what time my Wife gets home from work we may head out tonight and hit Apple Cabin and just head towards Redbud from there!!!

niiiiice!! i wanted to hit up the cabin tonight, but would leave me no time to get my bike ready for red bud then. braaaap pumped for sat!

Thursday, April 21 update:
This is one of those days you'd like to save for a weekend; too bad it doesn't work that way. The track has been rolled and untouched since last week. We've had quite a bit of rain this week.It'll dry out a lot today so Saturday's Open Ride basically depends on Friday weather. Any significant rain Friday will mean a cancelation for Saturday. We promise not to open if the track stinks, and not to cancel if it doesn't! We'll see what Friday brings.

called them..been raining all day but they have not cancelled yet.. they said they will post online and on the answering machine later once it stops raining

Latest from the website:

"Friday, April 22 update (4:30pm):
Wow, it quit raining. It's a Good Friday miracle! The radar looks clear now; there's still a chance of some rain overnight but it seems to be decreasing. Tim says if we don't get a bunch of rain overnight, and it's clear in the morning, he can fix the track. Perfect track? Nope, not tomorrow. But it'll be pretty good for Michigan in the springtime. The pits will be worse than the track, so try to bring smaller rigs (if the gas prices haven't already convinved you).

Check back in the morning just in case we get soaked overnight. "

I am camped in Indiana about 1.5hrs from the track...I will be there in the morning if they are open!!!

Track and weather turned out great today,lots of fun with good friends!!! I took some helmet cam video I will post up in the next few days...

track got roooouuuughhh

real sloppy in the morning but they ended up having to lay down some water at the end of the day. im beat. big thanks to dave for takin me and my buddy along with.

Jack and I had a blast. Track was sweet...rutted . Huge braking and acceleration bumps. I am beat too...my back is sore . Somehow I thought I could change my high speed compression a full turn out and it killed me for one practice. I felt like I was on a pogo stick. Anyway lesson learned. Jack was tearing it up and was at the front of the pack in the c class practices. (no -class comments please)LOL I think I get passes up on a few of those videos you took 955

WOW is all I can say ! What a premium day at RedBud ! The track was a bit sloppy in the beginning but it sure did turn out great. Well worth the trip. I got to put a face to a few more of the pitracer crew. I am anxiously awaiting Gregs videos......sort of

No problem on the ride Stacy, had a blast and it sure helped out on fuel costs too !

redbud was awesome yesterday!!!!on another post there talking about the whoops at the cabin but all of redbud was one big whoop section!!! and thanks dave for giving me a ride to redbud!!

Nice, I might have given you grief about posting that but since you let me ride your 125 I will let it slide !

Thanks again for letting me ride that bike, it was great !

I always enjoy going to the bigger tracks with great fiends….
I had an awesome time at RedBud. If any track can take a ton or rain, it’s RB.
They had it packed down tight and most of the water rolled off. The first few inches on top were wet and sloppy to start but underneath was hard so the ruts didn’t dig too deep.
It ended up being a giant washboard of very sharp, nasty, pointy braking bumps.
The turns had good line selections with medium deep exit ruts.
The exit chop was medium as well.
All the jumps were do-able.
The whoops were a wet oatmeal bombed out mess.
The turn before the Leap was an adventure in line choice.
The little downhill after Talladega was insane.
The Mash Potato’s were fully fluffed……….all good stuff!
REEEEEDDDDBBBUUUUDDDD!!!!!

Back