Anybody wanna ride a new track?

Jeremy is doing a awesome job. I would like to point out. This is the second time this month that we've had a dozer operater donate their time to you, the racers. Our track was changed before our practice last week. Some liked it but others said, the track was like "Ohio's biggest fair track'. Not anymore. Jeremy has added a sweet step up, fixed my first turn mistakes, added the old table top down by the pond back in. Rumor has it he's gonna build a six pack that sweeps around toward the finish line. Anybody out there in mx land has to come to the thrills race and see the transformation!

I have to say this is the most exciting thing to happen to D11 in a long time! Doug, I'm sending you a pm.

GD rain! Oh well cant control the weather! I got quite a bit done today, i had allot of old jumps to use, lots of dry dirt on them. However, eventually the rain won. I think the track is mucho bettero, but I would love to spend about 16 more hours out there, so many more things can be done. Keep in mind, it took me about 200 hours before I was half way happy with one track.

Yeah, mother nature sure isn't doing COCR any favors today. I hope it's going as well as can be expected.

Our website is cool huh? We need to manage it ourselves so changes and updates can be made quicker. But things are starting to come together. Come to COCR this weekend for some much needed MX fun. Buckler's gotta roll. Later

Pics!!!!!!!!! Gotta have some track pics! Load them on to Photobucket, then click on the quick link for IM under the pic, and paste them in a post on here!

I'm So damn tired on Saturdays after working all night but still considering coming down on Sat to check it out. Gotta see what you did to the track.

Hey Doug or any other COCR member,
I'm excited to see the track too, so if you want me to come take pics this week, I can, just let me know. I'll post them here if someone will get ahold of me. I'm 15 minutes from the track.

Or even Saturday morning with a nice heavy fog over the valley.......sweet!

Thanks,
Ron

Calm down, I will get some pics up later today or tomorrow, geesh!

Now, dont be expecting some crazy blank canvas re-do of the place. The horizontal layout isnt much different then what you've seen in the past. Remember I said tweaks, not re-invent the place. Now if someone paid me to take off work, and rented me a 700 or 750 for the week, I might be able to pull that off.

OK, here is my 2 cents about cocr. I have been coming down there since the early 80's with my dad who has been a club member for about that long. I grew up on that track and it has always been a good one. I still come down as much as I can, but I live in Mount Vernon and it is a good 2 hour trek, but I still love to come there. The layout is not the problem, the dirt is not the problem, the jumps are not the problem, nothing about the track is the problem. But as a side note, I am glad to see BriarCliff working together with cocr. It is good to see other tracks willing to give a helping hand, thanks BriarCliff. The real problem is the members of cocr. I may be stepping out here a little, but the way my dad talks it sounds like the members can't work together. Someone does this the other does that and no one works together. The track needs unity between it's members. Plus they need to learn to respect the equipment they have. So many people use and abuse the tractors, water truck and other things. This stuff needs to be taken care of so we can have good stuff to prep the track with. If our stuff is always broken how can cocr plan to put on practices and races! The only way it has been done lately is by people willing to bring their own stuff and help out. I have a friend who brings his own tractor and mows and we both have brought our own weed eaters to weed eat. So the bottom line is, work together and respect the equipment you have! This will go along way with helping things run smoother. I don't mean any disrespect to the people who are loyal to cocr, because there are a few, but some just need to come together and agree to disagree on some things. I hope this is taken as someone who loves cocr and wants to see it survive and not as a roasting. I only want the best for the track, it has been a big part of my life. Thanks for hearing me out. Peace.

COCR Track Updates

The track is coming along great. This is an ongoing process, there is still much work to do from now and in the future. I have taken some photos of the track, there is a new step-up after the start, a new off-camber turn into a new table top, updated faces on all jumps, an infield turn double section (3 Total), and more additions to come. I am a new member to the club and have been a long standing rider/racer since the late 80's, I want to see the best for all the riders and COCR is working hard to make this happen. COCR is putting in hard work and it will show, the Buckeye Series Race will be a good one this Sunday. Thanks to Jeremy at Briarcliff.

Until then............You'll have to ride this weekend to see all the changes! Open Practice this Saturday!

Attachments

• SAM_0958.jpg
    SAM_0958.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 295
  • SAM_0954.jpg
    SAM_0954.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 312
  • SAM_0957.jpg
    SAM_0957.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 290
  • SAM_0959.jpg
    SAM_0959.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 294
  • SAM_0955.jpg
    SAM_0955.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 305
  • SAM_0960.jpg
    SAM_0960.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 317
  • SAM_0956.jpg
    SAM_0956.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 283
U want pics? U got it! Just about 16 hours in the track to this point. Check it out. Not bad for the time put in.

DSCI0262.jpg

DSCI0261.jpg

DSCI0260.jpg

DSCI0257.jpg

DSCI0255.jpg

DSCI0254.jpg

DSCI0253.jpg

DSCI0246.jpg

DSCI0245.jpg

DSCI0240.jpg

DSCI0238.jpg

DSCI0237.jpg

DSCI0235.jpg

Damn you J.O. …! You’re going to make it so us Northerners will be wanting to make the 2 + Hr. trek into the center of the state….
Place looks shaped up nicely….

@me691 - They are practicing Saturday, and a Buckeye Series Race on Sunday.

@Sharc - ha ha ha ha ahahahhhahaha!

Just wait till I get a bigger dozer back to BC..........hmmmmm

Back