Anybody wanna ride a new track?

I was told that they need the dozer for the woods too, so I gotta haul arse. I know that I have only been given permission on the mx track itself. Beyond that Im in the dark.

I will say that, I have been thinking about the tweaks for most of the day, and weather permitting, I plan to overhaul every single jump. Possibly add in a very cool step up, like better than any of them at BC, a cool rythm section through a sweeper, a ski jump, a couple good sized table tops, and a few BC style big roller singles in corners, a few off camber turns, and I will leave a few of the doubles, just get them spaced and shaped better.

Lets hear it about this starting area. Do we keep the new left, then immediate right, then drop down in and put a a decent little jump out. Or, do we run the old 180° down and back, then a left, and in the same spot put a big step up with a huge landing, that is good for c riders to hop on top, or A riders to jump way way down the landing. I'm talking like a big moundo of dirt. The difference is that I dont think we can put in the big step up the soon with the start as is, we will need to go down and back to seperate people some.

This is a great boost for COCR.
Watching the video we shot Sunday, it was a great time. My son and I are both planning to race Saturday.

Now THIS gets me excited!!!! All i heard about from sunday was; "It's a 50 track" "I could jump everything there on my pitbike" "Theres not one FUN section on the track" "It's too short". These quotes are all based off of some buddies of mine that rode there sunday. They are NOT my opinions, just what i was told by them. And i hope they can be used as constructive criticism.

Reading JO's idea's give this whole makeover some new life! I hope you can get half of those ideas implemented! Sounds awesome! Can't wait for this weekends Thrills in the Hills.

Wish I could try it out Saturday, but have football on Saturdays. Guess we will be at dirt country Sunday. Looks like your going to get mother natures help with the watering, and a cool day on Saturday to help control the track drying out so fast.

I wasn`t there on sunday either. I was racing at DMC. Just like Richie, I heard some very bad reviews on jump sizes and/or layout.

I wasn`t there on sunday either. I was racing at DMC. Just like Richie, I heard some very bad reviews on jump sizes and/or layout.

For the average amateur rider, it was a good track. They still had the grandstand jump, and the big table in the back for air time.

COCR is trying for a new start here and if they want to pull in good track participation going forward then they need to make good decisions on track design and layout.
There is only one track....for all ages, skill levels and riding abilities. It helps if it is a fun, safe and neutral track.

hey eveyone. please post on here asap about what you want or think we need. If we make a bunch of changes some other club members are gonna have a good reason to be mad at me. I want rider support thats our job. so please post what you liked/didnt like so I have reason for any changes that are made. We are working for you so help save my arse. Some club membersare gun toating NRA members. As always thanks for your supp
New track

Guys,

you have a real nice racetrack the way it is. The best track layout you have ever had in my opinion, wide plenty of places to pass. Infield could use a little something but other than that I would leave it alone. The way you have it now eveyone can race on it safely. and you can see where your going for the most part. When I saw the new layout I knew the guys that all they want to do is jump probably would not like the track. you need to decide if you want a real mx track or a outdoor supercross track, aka jumping contest layout I like to work at jumping myself that being said riding by yourself hitting big jumps is one thing racing is another.

The latter has played a major factor in reduced racing to the point its almost gone. Just my opinion. a real big difference from the late 80's to now I would not toss the new track under the bus the way it is -you havent even raced on it yet. just my .02 cents If you do change it remember the c riders/kids and vet riders they are the bread and butter of this sport this sport has been and always will be a family sport 99% of us ether have real jobs to go to on monday or will when we are old enough we will. Jeremy does a nice job with his track, I also know he is willing to try things that are reqested. He will do what you guys want. Just take time to think through any thing you decide to change

Agreed and well put VETRIDER801.
And you can't go wrong with Jeremy laying hands on this. He's got the touch...and good sense on track building.

I actually think the current layout is good enough, in terms of turns and using the terrain. I see a couple turn changes, and maybe one lane change, but thats really it. AND NO, its not going to be SX. My goal is to build something that appeals to the masses, not just the handful of elite A riders. Big rounded landings, super forgiving. I have to remember that everyone rides this track, I dont have the luxury of making this fit one particular skill level. Now having said that there are going to be parts that appeal to fast guys, and parts that appeal to newbies, everyone is gonna have to get along to a degree. I think its going to fun, I'm pumped to get this opportunity. I will take pics, and update everyone tomorrow evening.

I wish the wheather forcast would be warmer, my nevre damaged right hand cant operate in 50 degree's or cooler. If I try to practice/race at these temps, there will be a high chance of a flying W get off.

I wish the wheather forcast would be warmer, my nevre damaged right hand cant operate in 50 degree's or cooler. If I try to practice/race at these temps, there will be a high chance of a flying W get off.

Oh here we go, the excuse bus is filling up and getting ready to depart. (Kidding, my knee doesn't like the cold either.)

No rain down there last night, or all day. I hit sprinkles as I left lancaster. Hopefully the rain will stick to the sprinkles overnight. Its pretty dry and use some rain though.

Built a decent little step up today, followed by four downhill rollers, a 90° turn with a table out that flows into a sweeper leading to the back section. I would post pics but I cant find the cord for this stupid camera.

vetrider - Not by a long shot. I didnt get started til 1:00 yesterday. Something was needing fixed onthe dozer at the shop. So that threw us behind.

Im getting ready to leave now. I should get most of what i want done today.

Back