the dunginator on his ktm...

What?.....
If that kind of statement would come from a kid, I’d let it side as pure youthful ignorance, but you’re not a kid so I have to ask…
Do you honestly believe this to be true?.....

I am sure they make plenty off the bikes, but do not kid yourself..........their profit margin made off of KTM licensed merchandise and accessories is huge. And they continue to sell that stuff year after year to people who are not even buying new bikes. Harley Davidson is a master of it, and makes more off licensed accessories and clothing than the motorcycles. Have you seen the two new KTM catalogs?? They send them in the mail to KTM owners. They spend that kind of money on the catalogs and shipping because they are making huge profits off the sale of that merchandise. They are the only motorcycle company I know doing this besides Harley.

I am sure they make plenty off the bikes, but do not kid yourself..........their profit margin made off of KTM licensed merchandise and accessories is huge. And they continue to sell that stuff year after year to people who are not even buying new bikes. Harley Davidson is a master of it, and makes more off licensed accessories and clothing than the motorcycles. Have you seen the two new KTM catalogs?? They send them in the mail to KTM owners. They spend that kind of money on the catalogs and shipping because they are making huge profits off the sale of that merchandise. They are the only motorcycle company I know doing this besides Harley.

You don't think that GYTR Yamaha items qualify as the same sort of thing? Surely you've looked over the Yamaha licensed racing items and even purchased them for your Yamaha before. I purchased them for my son's TTR50 so I know that they have the same thing.

Harley is repackaging the same bikes for 100 years.......... of course they need to sell Black Leather Doodads with Harley logo on them to keep things moving. Why would you ever buy a new Harley??? They have been the same basic bike for decades on end.

KTM sells clothing, accessories, and hard parts through their dealer network branded as KTM items. You honestly think that they make more money doing that than selling motorcycles worldwide? Not a chance.....

He is a bit tight, to the point of repeating himself to stay on the "script", instead of letting a little of himself out.

Chris I think you're right on with him. Tho the only time we saw him be a little real was with JLaw. Lol. I don't take anything away from him. He was good enough to win a ship. But seems he's like Reed was when RC was out hurt.

I dont belive that, when you think about it how many of us buy oem parts for our bikes? and if we do i dont think its enough to make a huge difference. and the service fee is the dealers not ktm's. marketing? well thats not my area lol.

I buy OEM parts....for one yz oem steering stem bearings by far blow away the popular "all balls" set. Clutch fibers and plates, got an airbox too ...

You honestly think that they make more money doing that than selling motorcycles worldwide? Not a chance.....

I think this point is beat to death but yes I think they do. Especially because they are on the forefront of technology, it only reduces the profit margin because of R&D. A t shirt costs them maybe $1 at their volume and they get 25 - 30. They sell tens of thousands more of those than dirt bikes. Then you have gear, hats, shorts, mugs, keychains, hoodies,ect...... Not to mention hard parts. KTM stuff is radically expensive. Most of that stuff is marked up a few hundred percent from the factory cost I'm sure. NOT the dealer cost but what KTM pays to have it made.

Mr. Smith:

KTM Hard Parts is a catalog of items that is branded with a KTM Logo on it to sell to KTM Enthusiasts. They sell them through the dealers in order to help KTM Dealers make some money since they know that KTM Bikes is a cut throat business and selling bikes for dealers is not a huge money maker. I know for a fact that KTM Hard Parts ask suppliers (Double D talked with them about KTM Sagsetters) to sell them to them for a certain percentage off their normal selling price so that they can put them in the catalog for the dealers to sell. The problem is that people think KTM is selling 100,000 sagsetters at a few 100% markup for the company......... which plain isn't true. Their hard parts are hardly more expensive than getting them from the manufacturer of the hard parts anyway. I paid the same amount for my slipper clutch through the distributor of slipper clutches as KTM sells them in the Hards Parts Catalog........... so where is the huge markup for KTM??? It's just not there.

How much is a slippper clutch you ask? Over $1000 either way you get it...........

And you really think they sell hundreds of thousands of T shirts per year????

Cmon, get realistic about this.

I know I have more event t shirts then I have of stuff that says what brand of bike i was riding...Yamaha. I can't see them making huge profits off hoodies. I don't buy them.

Chris I think you're right on with him. Tho the only time we saw him be a little real was with JLaw. Lol. I don't take anything away from him. He was good enough to win a ship. But seems he's like Reed was when RC was out hurt.

You do realize that Dungey would have won both championships this year had it not been for bike malfunctions?

[/QHey......Vote YES on issue 2. UOTE]:mad:
What does this have to do with this thread! Vote NO on issue 2!!!
KTM learned more from this Test session ( MEC ) than testing at their facility where you can only attempt to replicate an actual racing situation.
Time will tell if Dungy made a smart move, I think he did as the money wasn't there at Suzuki anymore.
Rage on:D

You do realize that Dungey would have won both championships this year had it not been for bike malfunctions?

Did you realize that if RV2 didnt miss the main event in one of the SX and dungey had no issues that Dungey STILL would have lost ?

What does that even matter ? It is part of racing, all the what if's just dont matter !

Didn't RV have issues too? He didn't get way behind because Dunged was dominated? I could be wrong. I will admit I haven't been paying close close attention. So you could have a valid point. Let's hope for an injury free season in 12!

dungey better get that bike dialed, he looked like crap and was running 2 seconds slower lap times! thats pretty far off. if he runs that pace during a sx he will be getting lapped haha

dungey better get that bike dialed, he looked like crap and was running 2 seconds slower lap times! thats pretty far off. if he runs that pace during a sx he will be getting lapped haha
MEC had about 40 second longer lap times than a normal supercross track. that race was nothing close to what to expect come january.

still dont know if dungey will be a threat, he needs to ride more aggressive and fix that suspension that bike was kicking him like a bull, even carmichael said something about if after i watched the race again. who knows though he might have just been riding safe after he couldnt win the million i guess there's no point of taking a risk of getting hurt before a1. but the only way to find out is wait. i dont care who wins as long as its not stewart lol

still gotta give him credit for showing up and racing after only 2 weeks on the bike.

Back