the dunginator on his ktm...

Like Dungey but I just don't think he's got the "it" factor to beat RV. I know its a new bike n all but even on the suzook
He never seemed to ride over the edge...he is consistent but unless someone crashes out I don't think he will get that title back

cuz dungey didnt beat villipoto during the outdoor season right? Also not making excuses for dungey but if it wasnt for the chain popping off and his two episodes of issues outdoors hell just give him the one instance of running out of gas..... dungey wins BOTH titles.... Sometimes you dont have to be the fastest guy to win....just the most consistent and thats what Dungey is. In all honesty I think when stewart and canard and reed are back in it that villipoto will have his work cut out for him. You could see it that Dungey was out there not pushing it... he wants to get that bike dialed for A1 and it looked pretty close come the third main but if he crashes out then what? He wouldnt have won the 2nd place purse, you waste a great testing opportunity, and you possibly end your sx championship hunt with a race that didnt mean anything. I think Dungey rode very calm, mature, and collected. I dont believe Dungey will win the SX title however outdoors...... He is definately my favorite to win that title and I would be willing to put a Benjamin on it that he does it.

You guys can all think differently and if he kills the field come A1 I will eat my words but I think Villipoto will have to work his ass of come A1. I think if Stewart stays up and has his bike dialed that villipoto cant touch him. I even think canard, reed and dungey will give him fits this season. Canard looked like a beast and possibly a title contender before he got hurt.

cuz dungey didnt beat villipoto during the outdoor season right? Also not making excuses for dungey but if it wasnt for the chain popping off and his two episodes of issues outdoors hell just give him the one instance of running out of gas..... dungey wins BOTH titles.... Sometimes you dont have to be the fastest guy to win....just the most consistent and thats what Dungey is. In all honesty I think when stewart and canard and reed are back in it that villipoto will have his work cut out for him. You could see it that Dungey was out there not pushing it... he wants to get that bike dialed for A1 and it looked pretty close come the third main but if he crashes out then what? He wouldnt have won the 2nd place purse, you waste a great testing opportunity, and you possibly end your sx championship hunt with a race that didnt mean anything. I think Dungey rode very calm, mature, and collected. I dont believe Dungey will win the SX title however outdoors...... He is definately my favorite to win that title and I would be willing to put a Benjamin on it that he does it.

You guys can all think differently and if he kills the field come A1 I will eat my words but I think Villipoto will have to work his ass of come A1. I think if Stewart stays up and has his bike dialed that villipoto cant touch him. I even think canard, reed and dungey will give him fits this season. Canard looked like a beast and possibly a title contender before he got hurt.
the chain issue during sx wouldnt have changed anything. he wasnt going to win that race anyways. and was pretty far back when that happened as it was. but the outdoors mechanicals, ill give you that. especially the gas deal.

It's all part of racing for everyone........ the chain popped off because he got hit in the rear wheel and it bent his chain guide.......... that can happen to anyone anywhere in racing. The gas deal is a team thing.......... and you can never have too much gas........ only not enough. If you have extra, no one cares, if you have not enough.......... everyone cares. Run a lot of gas in your bike in a long moto........ stupid team mistake.

Dungey is a good rider, and he's right on pace after riding the new bike for 8 days prior to coming to Monster Cup. That is pretty good. With a lot more testing and getting everything dialed in......... I think the bike won't be an issue at all for Dungey.

The issue will be his "killer instinct" or lack of it. When RV had to get around Alessi....... he did it ASAP and made it happen. When Dungey had to get around Alessi, he screwed around with him too long, got into a back and forth thing, got flipped off, then he made it happen. That's not the kind of guy that can win a title when it comes to being mean enough to punt someone off the track when they need to be punted. It's an individual sport and Dungey needs to realize that no one is his friend out there and don't worry about what those guys think. Get around them, with force if needed. You're the faster rider, just do it.

If Dungey can get over that hurdle and rub some orange paint on some guys with authority, he can get up there with RV.

It's all part of racing for everyone........ the chain popped off because he got hit in the rear wheel and it bent his chain guide.......... that can happen to anyone anywhere in racing. The gas deal is a team thing.......... and you can never have too much gas........ only not enough. If you have extra, no one cares, if you have not enough.......... everyone cares. Run a lot of gas in your bike in a long moto........ stupid team mistake.

Dungey is a good rider, and he's right on pace after riding the new bike for 8 days prior to coming to Monster Cup. That is pretty good. With a lot more testing and getting everything dialed in......... I think the bike won't be an issue at all for Dungey.

The issue will be his "killer instinct" or lack of it. When RV had to get around Alessi....... he did it ASAP and made it happen. When Dungey had to get around Alessi, he screwed around with him too long, got into a back and forth thing, got flipped off, then he made it happen. That's not the kind of guy that can win a title when it comes to being mean enough to punt someone off the track when they need to be punted. It's an individual sport and Dungey needs to realize that no one is his friend out there and don't worry about what those guys think. Get around them, with force if needed. You're the faster rider, just do it.

If Dungey can get over that hurdle and rub some orange paint on some guys with authority, he can get up there with RV.

My original thoughts described much better ! Like Dungey but needs more killer instinct ...

cuz dungey didnt beat villipoto during the outdoor season right? Also not making excuses for dungey but if it wasnt for the chain popping off and his two episodes of issues outdoors hell just give him the one instance of running out of gas..... dungey wins BOTH titles.....

rv rides smart, not to win just 1 race but the whole championship, he knows how many points ahead he is and what he needs to do at each race to win and not ride over his head to beat someone 1 race like js and risk crashing out. rv didnt even make the main in one sx race and still got the title.

if both riders are dead on rv will beat dungey heads up any day.

KTMs best shot at winning some races for sure in my opinion.

As for KTM, they are a marketing company, that makes lots of money on every thing else. Just last week in the mail I got two catalogs. One for KTM Power Wear, and one for KTM Power Hard Parts. They obviously have taken a page from Harley Davidson, and are selling everything with their name on it. They probably make more off those two divisions a year than they do on the sale of the bikes.

Definitely need to get the suspension dialed "looked a little stiff" in the ME Cup. Hope Dungey or someone can keep Villipoto honest. Gets a little boring when one guy runs away all the time.

They probably make more off those two divisions a year than they do on the sale of the bikes.
What?.....
If that kind of statement would come from a kid, I’d let it side as pure youthful ignorance, but you’re not a kid so I have to ask…
Do you honestly believe this to be true?.....

while i dont think thats exactly true, however i'm an ignorant kid. .lol.. there's not much mark up on bikes. Not compared to products like everything else that they are selling.

I could see it being CLOSE but thats a total guess!!

Ok- yeah, some branded t-shirts, hats and sprockets most certainly equal the same revenue stream as a global OEM manufacturer with over 50 models.
…..and those greedy track promoters are all loaded too, making money hand over fist. They line their pockets with our hard earned Jacksons knowing all the while that we are the ones busting our ass being the entertainment for their establishments.

<O:pBla-ha-ha....

Careful Sharc, that is coming from a politician! And we all know how right on top of things they usually are.

You guys are thinking of markup on bikes at the Dealer level............ Dealers are not making a ton of money on a bike sale per bike because we are cheap and buy at lowest price we can get from out of state if we have to. But the bikes are sold to the dealers at a price where the manufacturer is still making money on it. Do you think Yamaha cares if Breyley Yamaha in North Royalton sells a YZ450F for MSRP or $1 over Dealer cost???? Certainly not......... they got their money already and what Breyley does with it is up to them. If they can get MSRP, good for them, if they have to sell it for $100 over cost........... it's no skin off of Yamaha's back either. Same goes for all manufacturers / dealers......... but if all your dealers go out of business......... you have a hard time selling stuff as a manufacturer so it's in their best interest in the long run to price the bikes where they will sell and both dealers and manufacturers make a profit.

KTM is a motorcycle company, and a motorcycle company only. There are other motorcycle companies that do lots of other things (Honda makes cars, Kawasaki makes heavy equipment, Suzuki makes cars, Yamaha makes all kinds of stuff) that they can get revenue stream from......... but KTM is motorcycles only and things related to their motorcycles. They happen to not be in the crazed Japanese economy that is struggling with rebuilding after a nuclear disaster, and made a deal with one of the biggest "marketing" companies in the world in fellow Austrian company RED BULL, but KTM generates it's global income from motorcycle sales, along with parts, and accessories for those bikes.

If you ever look at the market outside of the USA (and even in the USA outside of MX only), and you'll find that KTM is selling lots and lots of off road motorcycles.......... is that a bad thing?

What?.....
If that kind of statement would come from a kid, I’d let it side as pure youthful ignorance, but you’re not a kid so I have to ask…
Do you honestly believe this to be true?.....

Not so sure. I remember an article (Transworld) I think a couple years back KTM"s claim is, "they loos money on every Bike" (BIG BIKE) sold. The PROFIT is in the parts, service, and marketing. It may not be so far fetched?

And ….. Honda said two pipes on an already overweight 250F would help “centralize mass” for better handling…….LOL!!!!

I believe that the statement of "loosing money on every bike" referred to the exchange rates between Euros and Dollars vs Yen and Dollars at the time.......... and in relation to the global economy, it cost them money that could have been more profit if they had shipped the bikes that were designated to the USA to another part of the world....... like Australia, or Europe. The bikes were selling out globally and when you are a company looking at profits missed by selling to a bad exchange rate country vs sending more to a good exchange rate country........ it seems like lost dollars.

But KTM kept sending the alloted bikes to the USA and kept building up the company slowly from the ashes to get to where they are today. A company that has enough money to build a team of top riders for the US market.

Now comparing KTM to Harley Davidson is a stretch, because Harley Davidson is selling a "lifestyle" with their bikes / parts / clothing / accessories. They are not devoloping new technology or keeping up with the latest stuff......... rather, they are reselling the same old stuff year after year and decade after decade. The Harley motor has been around forever........ where KTM is on the forefront of technology and improving their product year after year. Selling parts and accessories is only a sideline to the main business and it may be profitable, but without the main business.......... there is no other one to capitalize on.

Not so sure. I remember an article (Transworld) I think a couple years back KTM"s claim is, "they loos money on every Bike" (BIG BIKE) sold. The PROFIT is in the parts, service, and marketing. It may not be so far fetched?

I dont belive that, when you think about it how many of us buy oem parts for our bikes? and if we do i dont think its enough to make a huge difference. and the service fee is the dealers not ktm's. marketing? well thats not my area lol.

Back