the dunginator on his ktm...

Cannister looks the same size as on mine, but I wonder what the valve ahead of it is??

Lotsa pretty bling on that one, for sure!

Cannister looks the same size as on mine, but I wonder what the valve ahead of it is??

Lotsa pretty bling on that one, for sure!

Must be an Air valve stem so you can pump it up! YO.... DAWG!!!
I really IDK. Looks like a bolt with a safety wire?
Maybe its so you can add something else (resinator / chamber Dealio) for different power curve???

Did you read the article or just look at the pretty pictures?

"The exhaust system is from Akrapovic and has a bung on the head pipe for an oxygen sensor."

Duh....I'm just a pretty pictures kinda guy. Guess I wouldn't look so dumb if I clicked on the blue words at the top??

In my opinion, in the video, the bike looked liked it didn't turn well for him. And in his interview I sensed that he/they are FAR away from being where they want to be. Also, I thought he was more robotic than ever in his interview with DC. "get the ball rollin" was used WAY too much lol! I think what he was tryin to say was..."we gotta long way to go, and a short time to get there"~Smokey and the Bandit. But, Dungey does have the time and effort behind him to make the adjustments before A1.

Im sorry but if anyone doesn't think he looked really good in that video they are nuts. He's been on suzukis for his entire pro career and I believed that was part of his speed was how comfortable he was on the bike. If he looks this good and he's been on the bike fir what? A month or so? I think he's going to be a force come A1 and if its like last season but with no dnfs for dung we will see an orange bike with a 1 plate.

People think Ktm bikes and the company are inferior to japanese companies however I must disagree. There is no other manufacturer more dedicated to the Motocross market than Ktm. A VERY large portion of their money is from Mx, and im very happy to see them investing nit only money back into our sport but into the US demographic.

At the level of rider that Dungey is he could get on a moped and look fast (ok..that was a little far). All the top level guys could jump on any manufacturer's factory bike and look great to the common eye. For example, look at Stewart last year in supercross. He was blazing fast, as usual, but he struggled all year with suspension set-up. I remember watching him while winning a sx race last year with a group of friends. I saw that his front end wasn't hooking up in the corners (same as Dungey IMO in the KTM vid) and a few turns later he washed out his front end and crashed. It's those little details that Dungey and KTM need to work out.

I too am happy that KTM has stepped up and grabbed one of the best riders and are investing in American motocross. But before RD5, KTM hasn't been on the radar as far as championships in American motocross is concerned. They been tearin up the GNCC schedule tho! They have shown alot more support in harescrambles and GNCC's than motocross. I'm talking about top level racing...not customer service to the people like you and I. Thats great and all, but I'm talking about winning an AMA championship in the USA at the top level. Dungey has what it takes...I hope KTM does.

At the level of rider that Dungey is he could get on a moped and look fast (ok..that was a little far). All the top level guys could jump on any manufacturer's factory bike and look great to the common eye. For example, look at Stewart last year in supercross. He was blazing fast, as usual, but he struggled all year with suspension set-up. I remember watching him while winning a sx race last year with a group of friends. I saw that his front end wasn't hooking up in the corners (same as Dungey IMO in the KTM vid) and a few turns later he washed out his front end and crashed. It's those little details that Dungey and KTM need to work out.

Lucky he has DeCoster on his side, no offense, but i think suzuki, and goose, was lost without DeCoster on the bike set up, it wasnt up to par of what it should've been for a top team like that, his bike setup sucked outdoors, esp that race barcia and him got together, his suspension kept diving into the braking bumps at Highpoint, rather than floating over then like Villo's bike, i also thought his suspsension looked jacked up in indoors too. I mean DeCoster was a top rider, so he can look at Dungey's bike and see what needs to be done. I mean plenty of times there was thing's going on i couldnt see, or that needed to be done to help me out, and my dad noticed it, I didnt, and I'm sure the same thing falls upon Dungey, he probably knows his bike better than I ever did or will, but still, DeCoster can see things he cant, and tell his mechanics what do to

Lucky he has DeCoster on his side, no offense, but i think suzuki, and goose, was lost without DeCoster on the bike set up, it wasnt up to par of what it should've been for a top team like that, his bike setup sucked outdoors, esp that race barcia and him got together, his suspension kept diving into the braking bumps at Highpoint, rather than floating over then like Villo's bike, i also thought his suspsension looked jacked up in indoors too. I mean DeCoster was a top rider, so he can look at Dungey's bike and see what needs to be done. I mean plenty of times there was thing's going on i couldnt see, or that needed to be done to help me out, and my dad noticed it, I didnt, and I'm sure the same thing falls upon Dungey, he probably knows his bike better than I ever did or will, but still, DeCoster can see things he cant, and tell his mechanics what do to

I REALLY find it hard to believe Goose hasn't picked up anything on suspension over the years...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30420299?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/30420299">Dropping in_Ryan Dungey</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4587952">Travis Fant</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

No decoster on the Honda team when the RC and the goose were on the loose winning titles.

Have to agree with "HERSH552 " on this one. Dungey (or any fast rider) looks good riding Just Bc we like watching. But I think he needs more time on the KTM. Lacks a little confidence, not quite comfy yet.
Why do I say this? Although he's haul'n, I notice going into corners he is a little hesitant / cautious, coasting a little too much. That tells me he's not quite used to it yet. I'm sure by A1 it will be there. Can't wait

OK after watching the last video, you can tell Dungy is getting comfortable with the bike, attacking the track more aggressively, especially coming into the corners, approaching still on the gas... Obvious improvement, Great chance for KTM this year.

Dungey with a solid 3-2-2 ride last pretty much silenced any doubts about what he can do on his new KTM.

Was a safe & smart race for him as he was not taking any big chances.

He look comfortable for being on the bike for a short time & think he will be in the top 3 next season.

With RD leading the team only good things will be happening for KTM in the next few seasons.

You are right.... he looked like they just did this race fir testing. No unnecessary risks although after Alessi flipped him off I thought he was going ti punt him into the stands. He looks smooth and comfortable. Rv was on. Mission. With no reed, no Stewart, no canard ..... it was pretty much a gimme

Back