Time for Supercross!

Top qualifiers for the 450 class. dungey and reed were about a second slower then rv and js.

1-Villopoto
2-Stewart
3-Dungey
4-Reed

Top qualifiers for the 450 class. dungey and reed were about a second slower then rv and js.

1-Villopoto
2-Stewart
3-Dungey
4-Reed

The only thing that matters is who can do 20 laps in the main and stay on 2 wheels.
dungy and Reed are pretty good there..

The only thing that matters is who can do 20 laps in the main and stay on 2 wheels.
dungy and Reed are pretty good there..
this was just proven tonight. practice and heats dont mean crap. it all comes to that main event. i have to say i thought stewart would have been faster and i didnt think RV would be THAT much faster than everyone else. but theres 17 rounds...

JS7 with a GoPro......we get a front row seat for the first time he ends up on his head.

Not quite on his head really.........but we got a front row of James cracking under the pressure again. The top guys no longer are intimidated by JS7.

Welcome back to supercross James. How disapointed must the Gibbs be? Can we FINALLY put this "fastest man on the planet crap to bed?

come on now everyone relax, it was the first race of the year, and it's a long season. villipoto looked really really, and i mean really comfy on his kawasaki. dungey is gonna be up there, and we know reed is very consistent. as for bubba, not sure what was going on. arm pump maybe, out of shape, but it will come back to him. you could see his lack of racing in his two starts, they where horrible. he didnt look like he was attacking or being aggressive at all. oh well next week is another week. no one thing, if no one else can pick it up its going to be a long and boring season as villipoto will run away with it.

Best part of the show for me:

The heat race interviews! I thought it was so much better having the riders talk to Fro and RC with the headset. I was hoping to see the same after the mains but it was back to Erin. It seemed like the riders were more into talking with the guys in the booth and not the standard chit chat routine.

Bubba seemed like he was on it in the heat, but he wasn't the same rider in the main. Glad to see Shorty up there to.

I was not digging the track, nothing to crazy or techincal, nothing that could seperate any of the riders.. Everyone looked decent for the first race of the year but I noticed one thing, one thing that could spell disaster for the rest of the field of riders for the series... Stewart, he was calm, collective, and pacing himself, not hanging it out there trying to stupid stuff, he put his head down and it seemed every move was planned out.. We all know he has the speed to put it out there and win some races. Hes been out for a while and he has some cobbwebs to rid himself of.. But again one thing he has been missing all these years IMO is the calm collective aspect of his racing. Once he gets his flow and speed back, combined with, from what I can see his newly found patience and use the 20 laps to his advantage, its going to be a show for sure, give him a couple more races, its going to get good!

I think RV is not going to be stopped! As fast as JS7 is you cant be a part time motorcycle rider and just expect to win! You have to put the time in all year to compete with these riders. I think RV is going to replace RC as the GOAT. I am not a RV fan, I just got to say what I see. I want RD to pull this out, JS7 cant win on talent alone, and Reed will always be there.

Best part of the show for me:

The heat race interviews! I thought it was so much better having the riders talk to Fro and RC with the headset. I was hoping to see the same after the mains but it was back to Erin. It seemed like the riders were more into talking with the guys in the booth and not the standard chit chat routine.

Bubba seemed like he was on it in the heat, but he wasn't the same rider in the main. Glad to see Shorty up there to.
I agree, it seemed to be a different stuie in the main! The 450 class is stacked with talent this year and it seems the rider who makes the least mistakes will do well and be on the BOX. I hope Hill gets healed up enough to race again, anyway this season will be a great one and already can't wait til next week!!!!!!!

I think RV is not going to be stopped! As fast as JS7 is you cant be a part time motorcycle rider and just expect to win! You have to put the time in all year to compete with these riders. I think RV is going to replace RC as the GOAT. I am not a RV fan, I just got to say what I see. I want RD to pull this out, JS7 cant win on talent alone, and Reed will always be there.

My thoughts exactly. He has sat out, not raced. Running 20 or 25 laps in practice is not the mental preparation to run at race pace, everything from the holeshot to the end of the race, with the fastest motocrossers on the planet. He can not race part time, show up and expect to win. I think battling with RD, Tedesco, etc. was wearing on him. They were not just pulling over and letting him go. They all know that they can now battle with JS7. I think the mental game has changed for JS7, and when pressured, he has never made good decisions. I think last night was probably just arm pump or something, and he just made a mistake like we would, but the rest of the field no longer is intimidated by JS7.

Back