anaheim2

I think JLaw was working the drive thru window at McDonalds in NJ last time I passed by that way..........

Talking about Bubba and his ability got me thinking........whos the smoothest and best SX racer of all time....
I have to say I would say
McGrath
Windham
Reed
All three really are smooth and make supercross look so easy......always seem to make any kind of jump or whoop look so easy....

No one has anything on McGrath. He was on a whole other level. Then he left Honda

Sharc next time I see you at the track with your goofy looking chest protecter with your name on it as your sitting next to the tree on your bike at apple cabin not even riding... I should spit on you? You are actually slow enough, and ride so little that you actually stay stationary long enough to where I wouldn't miss. Then, you will thank me for spitting on you, correct?

Well I only saw you at a track once, maybe you were just having a bad day or you were tired, I don't know enough about you... but you were slow as hell that day... I think it was may.. yeah may of '11.. were you injured in may?

First off, You can spit when ever you would like, ya certainly don’t need my approval.

And if ya did spit on me, why should I thank you? Are you my Mother, a Fisherman or a schoolboy playing with marbles?…..maybe.
Or….maybe you’re a Fan…..a Fan of mine? …really?

You know, the kind of fan that knows what I look like, wear, ride or don’t ride….down to the dates?
After the last post, I’d have to say more than likely….
And as any good fan does, you will praise me when I do things that make you happy and you will curse me when I do things that upset you.

Now, even though I’ve been behind handlebars longer than James, I’m not like the Stewarts, don’t race Professionally, have a TV show, a brother that races, a team, a brand, a symbol, a compound in Florida, expensive cars, a flashy life style or even a police record. …..But, I have a fan….so spit if ya want….ha!

The fact that you would take the time to concern yourself about me and my doings (right or wrong) would humble me into appreciating the special attention bestowed and would revel in the fact that I was able to extrude that kind of emotion. Because at the end of the day, it is I that am the Star. You, the fan, have made me a Star…And because of fans like you that Stardom comes with spoils as well as sours.

James has many spoils and takes pleasure in exposing them. Those spoils come with the heavy price of envy from both fans and foe’s .

Shouldn’t he expect emotion from people….he is the fastest man on the planet ya know…

I’m sick and tired of hearing about the Black crap …….Any handicap James had by being Black was quickly overtaken by opportunity the moment the industry realized he had potential. Maybe some random fan (like you) is upset and doesn’t like Blacks…..So what?
Was he spit on by someone inside the industry?…or just a random fan?

In my opinion, Stewies tweet was pathetic… One would think that after decades in the sport, the Stewarts would revel in what they’ve accomplished rather than concern themselves with how they may have been wronged.

Oh, I wrote all this out so that you’ll know I’ll be grinning bigger than ever next year as I slowly go around the Cabin…cause I think I have a fan!
Thanks for watching ……

Well I only saw you at a track once, maybe you were just having a bad day or you were tired, I don't know enough about you... but you were slow as hell that day... I think it was may.. yeah may of '11.. were you injured in may?

Geesh, hope Im that slow in 15 years.

There are so many "fast" guys on pitracer these days. I dunno about six one five. But I know marc and I work for a living and enjoy riding.

Marc would never say a sour word to anyone at the track. He's the first to offer a bike to ride and is always grinning from ear to ear. And do you still chain smoke? ;)

This is what makes James Stewart so good for the sport overall...... he brings in more attention to our sport because he is black in a sport that has been dominated by white riders for as long as it has been around. The media has hyped him up as doing well, if not better than anyone else, in a sport that has been dominated in history by white racers. It was the very same thing that propelled Tiger Woods into being a star in the golf world...... he was Black (at least they portrayed him as black even though he is half Asian decent too) and winning in a "white" sport. Tiger and James get more media exposure than their white counterparts who are doing equally as well due to the medias portrayal of some sort of racism is conquered by this athlete who is succeeding in a white sport theme. Did you ever see Ricky Carmichael getting normal media coverage for his unbelievable accomplishments in professional racing? No, he was a white guy in a white guy sport, so even if he was doing better than James, it wasn't a story that could be leveraged with racism behind it to add more interest..... and therefore left alone.

James gets people outside of the norm to talk about him and his accomplishments in the sport of SX or MX, which is good for the sport overall to get some mainstream coverage..... even if it leverages centuries old racism to do it. I don't think that James has been discriminated against in the MX world as far as sponsorship or opportunity is concerned, he's been a factory supported rider since he was on 60's as a member of Team Green. At the races in the South where Billy Bob is running sign ups and the gate picking order...... sure, he's been a victim of racism for sure over the years with comments and unfair rule enforcement applied to James, but his skill more than made up for it out on the track. And none of those things stopped him from building an empire of James Stewart based on racing motorcycles that gives him the money, fame, and opportunity that none of us Pitracer members will ever have the chance to duplicate.

I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist still, or that it wasn't something that did hold people back in the past from doing great things........ but it's not the case with James Stewart. You need to study the case of the nameless black rider who had the skill to be a professional standout that couldn't ride / race because he was the victim of racism keeping him off a bike or from racing altogether that showcases where racism still exists today.

Fans at sporting events are not a good barometer of national trends. People in the dog pound in Cleveland Stadium will beat the tar out of a Pittsburgh Steeler fan even though the Browns and the Steelers are hardly playing the same sport on the field. The fans take it beyond personally and will attack another person to show their loyalty to a team or professional athlete. So in my opinion, James has to take the good with the bad and embrace his fame and the negative things that go along with it.

First off, You can spit when ever you would like, ya certainly don’t need my approval.

And if ya did spit on me, why should I thank you? Are you my Mother, a Fisherman or a schoolboy playing with marbles?…..maybe.
Or….maybe you’re a Fan…..a Fan of mine? …really?

You know, the kind of fan that knows what I look like, wear, ride or don’t ride….down to the dates?
After the last post, I’d have to say more than likely….
And as any good fan does, you will praise me when I do things that make you happy and you will curse me when I do things that upset you.

Now, even though I’ve been behind handlebars longer than James, I’m not like the Stewarts, don’t race Professionally, have a TV show, a brother that races, a team, a brand, a symbol, a compound in Florida, expensive cars, a flashy life style or even a police record. …..But, I have a fan….so spit if ya want….ha!

The fact that you would take the time to concern yourself about me and my doings (right or wrong) would humble me into appreciating the special attention bestowed and would revel in the fact that I was able to extrude that kind of emotion. Because at the end of the day, it is I that am the Star. You, the fan, have made me a Star…And because of fans like you that Stardom comes with spoils as well as sours.

James has many spoils and takes pleasure in exposing them. Those spoils come with the heavy price of envy from both fans and foe’s .

Shouldn’t he expect emotion from people….he is the fastest man on the planet ya know…

I’m sick and tired of hearing about the Black crap …….Any handicap James had by being Black was quickly overtaken by opportunity the moment the industry realized he had potential. Maybe some random fan (like you) is upset and doesn’t like Blacks…..So what?
Was he spit on by someone inside the industry?…or just a random fan?

In my opinion, Stewies tweet was pathetic… One would think that after decades in the sport, the Stewarts would revel in what they’ve accomplished rather than concern themselves with how they may have been wronged.

Oh, I wrote all this out so that you’ll know I’ll be grinning bigger than ever next year as I slowly go around the Cabin…cause I think I have a fan!
Thanks for watching ……

I stopped reading about five seconds into your poorly (nice try though) reaction to my insult. Try as you might, but you will never surpass me in anything... even writing (certainly not riding...ROFL)

No, no, you got it all wrong my friend, you are more like the ugly chick at the bar everyone remembers JUST BECAUSE how ugly she was. Same applies here my friend. You were so slow I was like damn I know I saw this guy on pitracer (I like sharks, the name sticks out.. you can smile about that - you have a cool name) I wonder if he is any good. So I tried to follow you but you kept rolling the small doubles, I was like "wtf??"

So yeah, I'm not a fan, It's more like remembering the ugly chick that you tell all your friends about when you took a picture just to prove there was some one out there that could look the way she does - same applies to your riding skills.

I am diggin' the name though, wish I had a cool name. Marc the sharc! SHARC ATTACK!!!!! ROARR!(shark)

So... yeah...

I typed this out on my phone, and this is getting annoying so I'm done. (Even make up won't help you marc) ((hint hint))

So wipe that nasty grin off your face, you look like Brian Peppers.

Who is this guy??? More to the point why are you being such a dick to Mark? He is NOT slow and even if he was, so what!! Does that make you feel good about yourself coming on here and telling others how slow they are? Again what a dick. I am quite certain he has nothing to prove to anyone and especially not you. For god sakes Mark is one of the nicest guys on this site. Ya know what, the more I think about we all know its the slow guys who always want to tell you how fast they are, so my guess is that you moast likley could'nt hang with Mark.

You really ARE a fan of mine…! I’m flattered!
You care enough about me to be concerned that I may “surpass” you??........cool!
You care enough about me to be upset at my grammar, my skill on a dirt bike, the name on my chest protector and even what I look like???.…… It almost sounds like you're Crushing on me a little?....
So let me say that ya didn’t insult me with your first post at all. I was merely responding to the question of “should you spit on me”. I don’t get insulted very easily and certainly not by those that don’t matter to me. For me to be insulted I would first have to care about your opinion and since I don’t, I’m not the slight bit insulted.
What I am though is vindicated…..and you sir, have done the vindicating.
You see, simply because we disagree on one trivial thing it makes you (my fan) so upset that you have taken to derogatory comments, insults, accusations and exaggerations…… What next …a fist or maybe a little spit?
Deep down, you’re no different than the guy that spit on Stewart.

There are so many "fast" guys on pitracer these days. I dunno about six one five. But I know marc and I work for a living and enjoy riding.

Marc would never say a sour word to anyone at the track. He's the first to offer a bike to ride and is always grinning from ear to ear. And do you still chain smoke? ;)
+1

Who is this guy??? More to the point why are you being such a dick to Mark? He is NOT slow and even if he was, so what!! Does that make you feel good about yourself coming on here and telling others how slow they are? Again what a dick. I am quite certain he has nothing to prove to anyone and especially not you. For god sakes Mark is one of the nicest guys on this site. Ya know what, the more I think about we all know its the slow guys who always want to tell you how fast they are, so my guess is that you moast likley could'nt hang with Mark.

If that's considered fast, I should turn pro.

Marc your wanna be slick come backs that are intended to get under my skin by calling me your fan, do not affect me. Your fixation with me - and your fixation with wanting me to be your fan so badly is starting to really cloud your judgement. You should re think things over. If one can not simply look at some one, remember their name and their skill level with out being considered a fan... well what a strange world this would be... I honestly remember thinking to myself "what a retard, he is just sitting there next to the tree (on your bike) streching" and what I found so strange was not only did you do it once, but multiple times. I had parked in the very front next to the tree (about 20 yards away) so I noticed you there multiple times for atleast twenty mins each time. How could I not remember something/someone I saw next to my truck for like an hour? If that makes me a fan, well you honestly deep down know I am not so I have no idea why I'm rambling. But this day sticks out in my head so fondly because it was the day I broke my back. I pretty much remember every detail about that particular day.

And you are slow. Sorry but it's true. Maybe it because your old, I don't know. For me being a fan I sure know so much about you - like your age and all that... actually I dont and I could care less.. but if you want some pointers I'd be glad to show you. Ram Jam in a couple weeks sounds good?

This SixOneFive guy is an idiot, are you 10 years old playing with your parents computer? lmao. who cares how fast or slow someone is.

as far as the whole racism thing, imagine if you were a white man in a stadium full of blacks in a black sport. not racist but from what a know james has it good compared to it being the other way around.

either way spitting on someone from the stands is a coward move no matter what race you are.

SixOneFive I just have one question --- did you skip the whoops at AC or go through them every lap? :confused:

I'm sure that Marc wants pointers from a guy that broke his back at the Apple Cabin and wants to ride at Ram Jam in a few weeks when a huge group of riders is going to Monster Mountain in AL to getting their riding fix in......... sounds about right.

And speed is all relative, depending on who you are and what your intentions are in riding your motorcycle. Marc never claimed to be the fastest man on the planet or say that he has Apple Cabin dialed in. He's an older Vet rider that still tackles the A/B track at Briarcliff with relative ease and that certainly is the most difficult public riding track in Ohio these days. Marc may have been dialing in some new jetting, new suspension specs, etc the day in question and not feeling comfy with the way his bike was performing or something, I don't know, but he still rides a lot most days. But when he sets his mind on a race that he plans to attend, he rides very well. He still practices and tries to improve now while riding in the older Vet Classes which is admirable for his passion and love of riding. Why pick on his speed when he's not trying to earn a paycheck by racing motorcycles or get you to be "like" him and buy what he's riding?

And it can be said that there are some really fast riders at AC riding normally......... Tony Gallo probably being the fastest regular there on a weekly basis. And if you are on par with Tony..... then you probably think that most of the riders out there are slow. But they are doing it for fun and love of riding their motorcycles no matter what speed they feel comfortable going, and that's the fun part for them. Seems like you want to prove your speed to someone........ why not race somewhere and get a trophy / plaque for your efforts against guys that you feel are up to the task of sharing the track with you?

<O:p</O:p
615.... <O:p</O:p
I’m simply giving my opinion on the spitting event that took place at the SX. <O:p</O:p
If not a fan then why so concerned over me?...my speed or anything else?
Sorry, I don't remember anything about you from that day.... even though we probably all got off the track while the squad attended to ya. <O:p</O:p

So Stewart gets spit on, you ride is coattails on this form so you can have an agenda then resort to personal attacks on me and girls?????....<O:p</O:p

Must be a fan or hater...you call it. <O:p</O:p
Either way, no different than the spitter.<O:p
And I've already gotten under your skin, the spelling and grammar has suffered. Check it.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I got $20 says Marc would more than likely beat you (615) in a 20 lap race at BC, if we gave a damn. Not because he is lightning fast, but because he is silky smooth on the two stroke, and he is a human clone of the enigizer bunny. Furthermore, I doubt he would care if he won, but he would celebrate appropriately, then climb in his truck leave.

We need to have a jackas$ of pitracer award. I think we have plenty of nominees.

I will never get people who talk about how fast they are, or how slow other people are. If 615 had any speed at all, people would already know who he is, and his riding would speak for itself. The people who always talk the talk, can never walk the walk.

Well said Jon. When I first started racing I was lucky enough to have a very smart fellow give me some advice that I have always stuck to. Show people how fast you are and they will respect you for it. Tell people how fast you are and they will resent you for it. In our sport, words to live by.

Back