Scenic Post 2

I'll bet, if enough guys emailed him. He would open it up on a weekend. Few laps around the track with the disc and it would be premo this time of the year.

If the Farmer next door is as cool as before and still willing to lend some equipment…..you may have something…

I emailed him. I love and appreciate the fact we have some great tracks to ride at, and I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into them. That being said, the best memories I have from riding were at Scenic. I never cared for racing, but I remember being there on race day, and you could hear the tractor, but couldnt see it b/c of the fog. the sun would come out and the fog would disappear leaving a postcard picture of an mx track.

Tim said the tracks for rent if someone wants to put on and run a few practices. All you would have to do is get a hold of the farmer to disc the place up and collect money$$$$$

I see an opportunity here for someone.

Never been there, but now it is time for someone to put their money on the line and make it happen....

He answered my e-mail and here was his reply.

"Hey Mark!

How have you been?

A few people have contacted me about that. I miss all you guys and would love to see everyone on the track, but I just don't have the time to go down there these days. So if it's ever going to open, it will have to be by someone else. :) "

So who is going to step up now? :D

I wish I had the cash to do something. I, like Jon, have my fondest memories from scenic. First place I ever hit a triple( infield tripple before he mellowed it wayyyyyyy out, and the finishline one), jumping the finishline triple and jumping over Derek Schaar on the last lap in open C in '04, for the win. Please someone bring it back, that was motocross at its finest!!

hand racing promotion 500 rider race day at scenic. Man that would be a dream of mine. ha. That's a big investment though! Like JO said, lotsa money to throw down just to get the track back to rideable condition.

You need to have 40 riders per every $1,000 spent just to break even. (@$25/rider)

1,000 riders just to break even for track prep. That's alot of time and money just to break even, if you could get 1,000 riders down there after a few of your first open practice days....yikes.

Tim wanted to me post this....

PS Tell everyone on Pit Racer I said "Hi and thanks for the great memories!"

This is all talk.....Jon16 is the only one who can pull it off....We had a scenic Open for the past two years and no one ever went there.Remember 330 anyone!

Has any one asked how much the guy that owns the track wants to rent it out...15 /20 guys pay 500 bucks to rent a indoor truck for 4 hour. im sure there are enough guys on here here willing to pay a little extra to ride a great track one more time...

Has any one asked how much the guy that owns the track wants to rent it out...15 /20 guys pay 500 bucks to rent a indoor truck for 4 hour. im sure there are enough guys on here here willing to pay a little extra to ride a great track one more time...

if it happens, i think without a dozer to reface things and fix holes/ruts, the amount of rocks that will get kicked up when its disced, people will be disappointed. sounds like a good idea right now but dont think its gonna pan out like everyone thinks. probably better to keep the good memories of how sweet the track once was.
would be cool if someone that was really into the sport just straight up bought the place and put the time and money and effort into making it nice again.

maybe right... but it was worth a shot...i would like to get a look at the track to see just how bad it is.

With all the rain this state had last year, I can't imagine the amount of soil that was washed away on the hillside.

Tom Beckett sr has a sick pic on his Facebook of scenic the way it was.....he just put it up!

Back