Scenic Post 2

Out of sight out of mind.......I opened up my own shop 6 years ago...just dont have time for the moto life any more. Tommy still has his bikes but has only rode about 5 times in the last 4 years.

Tom Beckett sr has a sick pic on his Facebook of scenic the way it was.....he just put it up!

idk if everyone can see it but here it is.
403717_351294668222271_100000252226580_1403934_1648726630_n.jpg

those days are long over, unless someone puts some serious time and effort into it.

Going thru old pictures

Attachments

• T012806071.jpg
    T012806071.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 202
  • T012806072.jpg
    T012806072.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 211
Mark this on the calendar........I agree with Barrington. People would probably be disappointed. The top soil that was there is probably washed away, it used to be mined, so when you do disc, your gonna bring up tons of rocks, and it just would not be the place you remember. So probably better off saving your money, keeping your good memories, and going to BC to ride for the day.

Tim said the tracks for rent if someone wants to put on and run a few practices. All you would have to do is get a hold of the farmer to disc the place up and collect money$$$$$

I see an opportunity here for someone.

How much per day? Tractor/water truck in that, or no equipment?

have Tim shoot me an email on pricing and equipment> josborn@briarcliffmx.com

I'd say Im luke warm on the idea, but for the right price and situation, I'd do it.

Jon16 should just go there and ride a few hot laps and let us know how it is.....Do alittle go pro for us! Plus he can start to shovel out his old triple NOW and in a couple months he can hit it! Bmx kids shovel all their **** why not Jon! Lol And that pic of the doubles is awesome that's when scenic was in its prime!

Georgie has it right! We were there a couple times last year and have been in contact with Tim but it's just way too much work/money to get it back in shape. I was really surprised how well the drive held up! No ruts coming up the hill-- Tim did a good job on it. We are taking a year off in 2012 but thanks for thinking of us! LOL! We'll be at Crow Canyon helping Drew Wolfe and family with the qualifier in March.

i got a bob cat and im between jobs, it would be awesome to run practice wendsday, thursday, sat, and sun.id be down to sit there those day to collect as long as we have a sweet track and a kickass pitbike track since that is only getting bigger these days, 2 days of open practice would flip the bill for the rent, the other days would be straight capital.just daydreamin i guess.remeber outlaw rich was going to rent his spot for 1100 month, 1 day would flip the bill with a nice track and nice pitbike track.

Better figure close to 800-$1000 per day to do it right, no rent (the ground). And thats not including retiring debt on anything you need to buy to do it. Thats straight operation, maintenance/REPAIR, fuel, insuance, and dozer rental, beer money.

always have to include beer money!!!sure would be nice to ride there again as thats 1 of my favorite tracks!!!!!

i got a bob cat and im between jobs, it would be awesome to run practice wendsday, thursday, sat, and sun.id be down to sit there those day to collect as long as we have a sweet track and a kickass pitbike track since that is only getting bigger these days, 2 days of open practice would flip the bill for the rent, the other days would be straight capital.just daydreamin i guess.remeber outlaw rich was going to rent his spot for 1100 month, 1 day would flip the bill with a nice track and nice pitbike track.

I'm pretty sure thats how the Cliff operates, a little bobcat prep and then sit back, drink beer, and watch the money roll in HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

I have a few shovels too....And a couple bottles of cheap whiskey,I bet we can watch the money flow in......Man it will be so sweet floating on a river of money down that driveway....Tim is a idiot...He is sitting on millions.....LOL Big dreams I love it....How about a JUMP park too...the place is big enough...Zip Line from the top of the drive down...Thats more income......Beer Garden....tag some fish in the pond...You catch the 100 tag u win free practice......Camping....We are looking at the NEW RANCH here....Lets all pitch in,Like the green bay packers,The whole town owns the team,All of ohio will own Scenic Highlands. I thought of one more money maker...and this one is full proof....WIND FARM.

I remember back when I started, my original thoughts were, "ehhhhh, tractor can make it around there in about 45 minutes, I can make three laps in the water truck in about an hour", "it will be awesome". "I have calculated this sh1t, I know". I thought Tim's posts were BS. Whatever. We put nearly 130 hours on the Kubota from the end of August till the second week in November. That shoulda been about 8 weekends. you do the Math. We put about 40 hours on a dozer every month, and about 50-60 hours in the water truck, when its warm. And thats for 4-6 six days per month. Tim may be the only smart one here.

Yep throw two loads of water down, rip it real quick, and watch the money just roll in. Driving a water truck at scenic is more dangerous than the old finish line jump!

ooo what i would do to ride at scenic again...well except all i own now is 3 wheelers im sure i could get a buddy of mine to let me ride one of his ktms but still haha keep dreaming i suppose, miss the mx days and mx family like crazy growing up sucks

Back