Scenic Post 2

zman2.jpg

This is my only picture and memory of Scenic. I think I'm on my 2003 YZ450! This finish line triple was awesome!

http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4811&d=1328493832

Georgie has it right! We were there a couple times last year and have been in contact with Tim but it's just way too much work/money to get it back in shape. I was really surprised how well the drive held up! No ruts coming up the hill-- Tim did a good job on it. We are taking a year off in 2012 but thanks for thinking of us! LOL! We'll be at Crow Canyon helping Drew Wolfe and family with the qualifier in March.

I'll be at CC definitely now! (maybe ill help out and bust out the mic another time if needed let me know Gail. )

Yep throw two loads of water down, rip it real quick, and watch the money just roll in. Driving a water truck at scenic is more dangerous than the old finish line jump!

Talking about watering. We water at dirtworld 6-10 loads for 5-6 hours before practice. And throw down a top off load at intermission. ! People don't understand track maintenance until they're responsible for it. I don't care how long you been racig. If you're only a rider and don't maintain it the you're in for a HUGE surprise. Not to mention whiny riders no matter what you do!!

i should have kept that bike after buying it from mike too, it was a rocketship and was in mint condition! gotta say i like my YZ250 better though! :p I rode scenic 1 time when i was on 80s, vaguely remember it. getting it up and running for even just 1 practice to refresh my memory on the track would be awesome!

i should have kept that bike after buying it from mike too, it was a rocketship and was in mint condition! gotta say i like my YZ250 better though! :p I rode scenic 1 time when i was on 80s, vaguely remember it. getting it up and running for even just 1 practice to refresh my memory on the track would be awesome!

Who did you sell it too? I loved that bike. Sold it for the 4-stroke craze.

I didnt read every last post on this subject. I dont know if anyone commented on the picture that used to be in the SHIFT ad for amatuer sponsorship stuff. I remember I was racing out west somewhere and someone said hey look at this picture of this part of this track in the background of the SHIFT ad. I got to looking at it a little more and realized it was the rythem (double section) at scenic. Ill try to find a picture of it and post it sorry about the gnarly run-on senctnces i got a little excited.

I didnt read every last post on this subject. I dont know if anyone commented on the picture that used to be in the SHIFT ad for amatuer sponsorship stuff. I remember I was racing out west somewhere and someone said hey look at this picture of this part of this track in the background of the SHIFT ad. I got to looking at it a little more and realized it was the rythem (double section) at scenic. Ill try to find a picture of it and post it sorry about the gnarly run-on senctnces i got a little excited.

That was the work of Rupert X. Pretty sure he worked for Shift in some capacity and took the pic or created the ad.

Back