Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

Well, we made it home in one piece from Crossroads. The track was fun, but the program ran very slowly. Slow to start and every bit of three hours was wasted on prepping the track. There were several cases where only three motos would leave the line before they would spend a good bit of time on track prep - then the next class would get a parade lap. Lots of frustration there, but we had a good time and came away with a third in Vet 30. I also got to meet Dave Jones, which was super cool. Made it home about midnight and I was only half way through the running order. They could have been racing until dark...

In looking at the past areas in North Central, it looks like there are a lot of fast Ohio guys qualified. It may end up being a shootout if everyone doesn't make it in their first region!

Hit up the last Mid East Qualifier at Fast Traxx yesterday and was my first visit ever to the facility. They ran a great program for the qualifying, motos ran fast and smooth and they let the track get really rough with only a minimal amount of work on the track once racing started. Got out of there by 430pm after being in the 11th moto of 16. Track got really technical with long deep ruts in many places that went all the way down the straight after the turn! I ran 3 classes and came away with a 2nd in 30, 2nd in 35 and 3rd in 40. Mike Blair and Denny Swartz were there and running well...... Blair whooping us pretty good in the +40 class. A good day that was really hot but a good warm up to get back into racing this year.

Red Bud in 2 weeks!

Hit up the last Mid East Qualifier at Fast Traxx yesterday and was my first visit ever to the facility. They ran a great program for the qualifying, motos ran fast and smooth and they let the track get really rough with only a minimal amount of work on the track once racing started. Got out of there by 430pm after being in the 11th moto of 16. Track got really technical with long deep ruts in many places that went all the way down the straight after the turn! I ran 3 classes and came away with a 2nd in 30, 2nd in 35 and 3rd in 40. Mike Blair and Denny Swartz were there and running well...... Blair whooping us pretty good in the +40 class. A good day that was really hot but a good warm up to get back into racing this year.

Red Bud in 2 weeks!

I was there as well in the 30+ class yesterday. Along with it being hot, it was miserable being held on the starting line waiting on them to take care of the injury before our first moto and then track prep before our second moto. The track would be an extremely fun track if they kept it prepped. I understand them wanting the track to get rough, but the ruts they had in the faces of some of the jumps were downright dangerous. I will definitely be back there to run a regular race. Would love to run the track without all of the ruts.

Well I can't fault the promoter for the heat that we experienced yesterday or the fall in the class before us that ended up in an extended wait on the line. Track was tough with all of the deep ruts, but they ran a good program I thought for what they had control of. And the fact that the track took until mid second motos to get dusty on a 85 degree sunny day told me that they did a pretty good job of prepping it for us.

GP races along the river at Fast Traxx are a good time too. Think the last time I raced motocross there was at a qualifier years ago. Denny was going pretty good that day too.

Well I can't fault the promoter for the heat that we experienced yesterday or the fall in the class before us that ended up in an extended wait on the line. Track was tough with all of the deep ruts, but they ran a good program I thought for what they had control of. And the fact that the track took until mid second motos to get dusty on a 85 degree sunny day told me that they did a pretty good job of prepping it for us.

I agree totally. Safety of a downed rider is always first priority. No complaints for me. I thought they did a great job getting the racing in within a short amount of time.

Back