Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

Tom I agree with you. When you get to the regional should be the top 40 in each class......3 motos. Easy math.

Just for Giggles....OK.

2011 Rebud regional....+30 Vet.

8 qualifiers....64 riders sign up to go to Redbud

Out of the 64 riders to send in money, only 47 riders made it to the first moto.

Out of the 47 riders, only 38 riders rode more than one moto, and DNF'd or DNS the rest.

So moto 2 and moto 3 only have 38 riders on the gate going for the shot at LL's

With only 30 riders completing all 3 moto's.

* My point is. If you cant get in the top 20 of the first moto, your not fast enough to get into LL anyway.
Even if I do just squeak in because Godzilla took out the first 10 riders in all three motos.
I am still going to get smoked down there.

http://www.racer-results.net/results/mxsports/2011/AreaRegional/results.asp?t=2&e=59&c=14

That does make things a lot easier with a solid first moto at the regional. I was playing catch up in my other 2 classes and came back strong, where I did the opposite here and started awesome and then faded back on moto 2 and 3. Either way, it worked out and I made it in the 2 classes I wanted when all was said and done. Usually with 3 motos and lots of guys, there are some crazy scores, but not so much last year in the top 7.

evan ferrys shock to his ktm i think 50? or 65? either way. wtf.
92nhfa

That shock could be from a 65 I guess and be legal in the 65 MOD 7 - 11 class. Wish I could try out some Ohlins stuff on my bike!

Out. My boss switched me to into working Sunday night because someone else needed it off. Glad she talked to me about it first. It's all good though I'll catch another one. no way I can race all day and work a 12 Sunday night.

Georgie...what u plan on running class wise....you do know that 250 is legal in the lites classes!!!

Yea, I know. . . 250b is fast. And I'm nowhere near back to where I was in 04-05. Probably will pass on the B classes. Plus I got this troll on my shoulder telling me not to get hurt for mortgages sake!

Yeah that damn troll....I see him a lot! That's where the drinking comes in handy! You can ride b...a....whatever u want while sitting by the campfire whiskey in hand..If ya got enough sauce in ya"I used to run with villipoto" lol

Salamon947, Sharc, Silvers, and myself made the trek across the turnpike and into the "red zone" of the weather forecast to try and sneak out a North Central qualifier at Byron, IL on Sunday.

Lucked out big time on the weather, but it did pour rain overnight. They did a great job scraping the track and getting it ready for Sunday, but it was still pretty muddy and slick in practice and for early motos. Track worked in good but was pretty smooth and one line because of scraping all the dirt off, so the racing was tough and fast. They did have a gnarly sand whoop section that was creating some wild rides in every moto. The yellow flagger there was busy!

Byron runs a good show, clicked it all off great and we got two full sets of motos in during the weather window.

Sharc made it in +45 and +50, Salamon won +30B/C, Silvers 2nd, I got a 9th but had fun motos in there for once! Randy also got a 9th in +25, and in +40 both Silvers and I blew it big time, finishing in the back. There were only 8 in +35 so I had automatic entry and I got 6th.

Results are up at MXSPORTS.com

We are basically set now for the Mid East and North Central regionals.

Back