Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
If I can remember right, They dont take as many riders from Area's to the Regional up in the Northwest. I thought it was only the top 4, but im not a hundred percent. You won't have as much traffic, but you also won't get a spot for showing up.

Anyone headed to Tomahawk this weekend? Curious to hear how the track is for practice today?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I was looking at some results from the ranch.. Looks like ALOT of the +25 riders were also doing well in A. Tried to find B riders in +25 and didnt come across any. I think 2-stroke is a huge crap shoot at this point because its still so unknown if fast guys have 2 smokers layin around and dust them off..

George, what do you mean you may run B "to see more of the track at regionals"?
Qualify in B. run hard in the regional qualifier moto 1. Make it to the last two. But primarily concentrate on 25+ and 2 stroke.

Im not going to kill myself in b. take it easy look at how the track develops and focus on lines....make sense ? Seat/track time wins races.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Seat/track time wins races.

Seat / Track time at the front of the pack while the racing is going on wins races. Don't forget that you are talking about 9 motos + practice at regional all on one weekend and trying to save your best efforts for 6 of those motos in the 2 classes you want but to ride clean, not crash and hurt yourself or bike in other 3 motos while getting more practice. But with Practice on Friday before the races, and practice Sat morning..... you do get plenty of time on the track to get yourself up to speed.

Don't wear yourself out is what I'm saying...... but I do the same thing. I'm shooting for +40 and +30B/C but will be riding +35 as well as a back up incase I crash / screw up in the other ones. Conserve energy where you can and ride hard when you are on the track!

Tom

PR Elite
Seat / Track time at the front of the pack while the racing is going on wins races. Don't forget that you are talking about 9 motos + practice at regional all on one weekend and trying to save your best efforts for 6 of those motos in the 2 classes you want but to ride clean, not crash and hurt yourself or bike in other 3 motos while getting more practice. But with Practice on Friday before the races, and practice Sat morning..... you do get plenty of time on the track to get yourself up to speed.

Don't wear yourself out is what I'm saying...... but I do the same thing. I'm shooting for +40 and +30B/C but will be riding +35 as well as a back up incase I crash / screw up in the other ones. Conserve energy where you can and ride hard when you are on the track!
Yes Dad.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Had a big group and went to Daniel Boone today, boy was it cold in the morning for practice! But warmed up nicely to 70 during the day. Beenridin, Racer842, Salamon947, Double D, Silvers Moto11, Sharc, myself all made it out in a few classes for Red Bud. Got to race James Povolny in the +35 class.

Zman

PR Addict
Had a big group and went to Daniel Boone today, boy was it cold in the morning for practice! But warmed up nicely to 70 during the day. Beenridin, Racer842, Salamon947, Double D, Silvers Moto11, Sharc, myself all made it out in a few classes for Red Bud. Got to race James Povolny in the +35 class.

how did everyone do?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Hey Robin, How long have you been racing moto? What are you doing in the B class?

Contrary to popular opinion, it's not how long you've been racing moto that determines your skill class in racing, it's your speed. I've never developed A class speed even though I've been riding for almost 40 years now. I ride for fun and being a good "B" class VET Rider is just fine by me. I can barely make the Loretta Lynn's classes if I ride my Butt off in the straight age classes and I have 0 problems at the regional, but I'm getting older and slower all the time. If you are faster than me and ride A class after a few short years of riding, that's great for you! If you have ridden for 10+ years and still are C class speed and ride C class and have fun, that's great for you as well.

tank166

PR Addict
I had this idea that I could drive down to daniel boone to enjoy the warm weather and get in my first ride of the year in all while getting an easy pass to redbud with what was sure to be a small turnout. Evidently I wasn't the only one with that plan since they had a nice turnout. Luckily I snuck in for redbud woth some not so pretty riding.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Yep worked out great for me except for Vet B where i had some bike issues. Was able to cruise along and make it in 40 and 35, nice easy way to start the season.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Question -- do they still run full gates of +45 and +50 at the Regionals? So they take 8 spots from the Area for those classes? I know they take less from the Regional, just trying to figure out if Mike is in for Red Bud with a 7th in +45.

Tom

PR Elite
Question -- do they still run full gates of +45 and +50 at the Regionals? So they take 8 spots from the Area for those classes? I know they take less from the Regional, just trying to figure out if Mike is in for Red Bud with a 7th in +45.
Regionals are a joke. Once I went to a regional and had to qualifi for a Qualifier. Thats when I stop going . Its all about money.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
To answer Pitracer's question............. Yes Mike is in with a 7th in the +45. They still take all 8 guaranteed spots for the regional in each class even if they are only taking 5 from the regional to Loretta Lynns. Same is true for the +50 class where they only take 3 from the regional..............

So you could have a larger +50 class at the regional than you would have at Loretta Lynn's since it is only a 20 bike class at Loretta Lynns. At the regional, you could have 8 guys from 8 qualifiers show up and give you a +50 class of 64 riders with guaranteed spots at the regional. This is why there are qualifiers at the regional with as many on the gate as the gate can hold for the final qualifying spots. At least at Red Bud, they give the racers that don't qualify the option of running a moto behind their class on a second gate that is not scored if you don't qualify so that you get all 3 of your regional motos in (if you want them) even if you don't qualify to get your money's worth even if you don't qualify for the main program.

And yes, overall it's all about the money and trying to get as many people as possible through the program and paying their fees to MX Sports for each round of the racing. But who can blame them, it's a business right? And if people are willing to pay to race these events and chase a National Title, then they are tapping a market that is there with a sound business program. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of riders lining up for these Loretta Lynn's events.

If someone else did the same thing and held events throughout the year that culminated in a championship race that was worth going to, they could do the same thing.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Granted that it is all about money; however, it makes the qualifying more competiive. Because going into to moto 2 you have 14 guys that hold the top 7 point spots. Not only do you have to be consistent, but you have to beat that other guy consistently who has the same tally as you.