Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

I think I'm gonna bite the bulet on a 09 chevy express cargo van. If I do, then i'll have to head up to High point sunday for sure...

Thunder Valley results
Went 4 and 4 in the 50+

Overall Number Payment Received Name Moto 1 Moto 2
1st #22 JEFFREY DODGEN - HON
SEVIERVILLE, TN 2nd 1st
2nd #019 MARK GUY - YAM
BOWLING GREEN, KY 1st 2nd
3rd #187 ED PERRY - YAM
CHATTANOOGA, TN 3rd 3rd
4th #131 TOM MEIERS - YAM
PLEASANT PLAIN, OH 4th 4th
5th #495 RONNIE BYRD - YAM
EPWORTH, GA 5th 5th
6th #317 MICHAEL TAYLOR - KAW
HOHENWALD, TN 6th 6th
7th #611 CHUCK LYNCH - SUZ
TULLAHOMA, TN

Good Job Tom!....see ya at RedBud.
That +50 class at RB is already full of fast guys pretty early in the program.

How was the Thunder Valley Track?
The race?

Sharc,

Zman and I took the kids to Thunder Valley for the youth regional a few years ago and it was a very nice facility. The track was more old school than new............ with the entire thing set in a valley. The Start Straight is on the flat valley floor but most of the track actually snakes the hillsides that make the valley. No Big huge jumps there, just easier stuff that any big bike would easily do............ heck at the youth regional, the 65's were doing the same obstacles that the schoolboys were doing 2 years ago. Nice dirt, nice layout, vet friendly jumps............ just a long way to get there. I think it took us about 7.5 hours from home and lots of state route roads that were quite curvy to get there, I was surprised that it is actually in the Mid East District based on it's location in Tennessee.

Good Job Tom!....see ya at RedBud.
That +50 class at RB is already full of fast guys pretty early in the program.

How was the Thunder Valley Track?
The race?

They ran a good program. The track was not my cup of tea. No jumps there to separate people. I like to jump. I'm slow as a turtle in the turns. There was an up hill tripple that I kept casing it. But it also gave me a 25 yards advantage and I need all the help that I can get. lol

Looks like our own CMoist took home the first qualifier spot in Vet B/C last week at High Point! Nice job!

How was High Point? Anyone else go?

Also anyone make Area51 this past weekend?

Thanks, Pit! To be honest, I thought the track was really slick and a little rough, but it was fun. I know there were a few other D11 folks that went out - not sure how they did though.

Nice job NOWA -- he went 1-1 in Vet B/C at Area 51! Looks like our own PR members are doing good!

We did go to highpoint the other weekend. Cracked my head pipe second lap in practice, by the second lap in the first moto it had broken completely and I was headed back home. Sucks, track was in great condition, but there was alot of rain on the way!

Anyone off to Pleasure Valley? If your debating and never have ridden there before. Do it! Track is always in prestine condition, Jeff Cernics really has this place dialed in.

I am on the lookout for a stock header, KX250F (06-08), PM me if you have anything available please.

pvr is a good place for qualifiers, they can't it get it right for regionals though. Not enough place to park and evidently not enough hours in the day. REdbud needs to write a textbook on regional qualifiers.

Area qualifiers are getting close to wrapping up! Here are a couple vids I found from recent Mid East races. Georgie did you bag it for this year?

Yeah I bagged it. I just don't have enough time this year. I'm still not really even settled in to the house I bought in november. Plus my money needs to go to other things like a deck....etc...the cost of the loretta's after it's all said and done isn't worth it to me. I'm still going down to watch. That's some intense excitement every moto!

Back