Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

barrington314

PR Elite
sounds like some lucky riders will be lining up next to timmy ferry. that would be cool. anyone know what classes he signed up for?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
sounds like some lucky riders will be lining up next to timmy ferry. that would be cool. anyone know what classes he signed up for?

Nice, another ex-factory rider to race.....he raced +25 and +35 at his Area. Believe it or not....he won both classes! haha.

John250

PR Founding Father
My guess is......Ferry is still VERY fast. Daytona this year has a 40+A and 45+A!! At least it will keep a few super fast guys off the line with us down there.

barrington314

PR Elite
Nice, another ex-factory rider to race.....he raced +25 and +35 at his Area. Believe it or not....he won both classes! haha.
those ones dont have A's and B's do they? if not, thats a bummer. he should atleast have to race an A group. would be cool to race against him tho.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

That's thrilling. Sure do hope I line up next to him at my regional. Not!

The more I want to not run qualifiers because of cost gets me thinking I'm not going to be young all my life. Gonna just have to suck it up, I got a good job and pay up to race. I'll regret it if i don't.

barrington314

PR Elite
That's thrilling. Sure do hope I line up next to him at my regional. Not!

The more I want to not run qualifiers because of cost gets me thinking I'm not going to be young all my life. Gonna just have to suck it up, I got a good job and pay up to race. I'll regret it if i don't.
better do it. i wish i could be.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Even though these "ex-pros" are in the classes that the Vet rider has to race (except Vet B/C), there is something cool about being on the gate with a guy that you paid to go watch a few years back. Of course the regular guy has no chance of beating a guy that was a factory rider but it gives you the perspective of what kind of speed it takes to be at the top of our sport. Unfortunately, the more of "them" that show up at race, the more of "us" that can't make it to the show at Loretta Lynn's for the Amatuer championships.

It did give me a great sense of accomplishment last year to stay on the lead lap in the 40 class and not get lapped by the leader, as it's the first time in all my years of Loretta Lynn's that I was able to do that when racing in a straight age class with the ex pro's. So while I'm not running at the front of the class, it did give me something that I considered a win for myself while racing.

barrington314

PR Elite
anyone know if he has his son trying to qualify?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Thats the best way to think about it Baker! What Area Qualifiers u goin to?
Area 51, crow canyon. Maybe I'll hit a qualifier for the IL regional.

Gonna just toss a coin for redbud or steel city regional and hope no ex pro calls the same side as I do!! ;)

Planning to go to durhamtown in two weeks to start the "ride" training part.

Double D

PR Founding Father
there is something cool about being on the gate with a guy that you paid to go watch a few years back

What is cool about now paying to have that same guy kick your butt on the racetrack!! HA HA

Gonna just toss a coin for redbud or steel city regional and hope no ex pro calls the same side as I do!! ;)

Sounds good man! Good luck!!!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
there is something cool about being on the gate with a guy that you paid to go watch a few years back

What is cool about now paying to have that same guy kick your butt on the racetrack!! HA HA

Let's take that one step further:
...While his old sponsors still built his bike with insanely cool expensive trick parts and paid for everything he's doing!!!

barrington314

PR Elite

what? gotta go to redbud dude.