Loretta Lynn Qualifiers

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Georgie,

There is the other side of that coin in that Red Bud usually has the largest turnout of any Regional and if you don't get a "guaranteed" spot in the top 7, than your RPV value is usually better at Red Bud with a 10th than finishing one spot out in another region. Just depends on the total # of entrants in your class at the regional level vs total # at another regional. Something to think about........ when choosing where to ride.

Zman

PR Addict
Georgie,

There is the other side of that coin in that Red Bud usually has the largest turnout of any Regional and if you don't get a "guaranteed" spot in the top 7, than you RPV value is usually better at Red Bud with a 10th than finishing one spot out in another region. Just depends on the total # of entrants in your class at the regional level vs total # at another regional. Something to think about........ when choosing where to ride.

Plus....you get to hang out with Zman and Rocket!!!! What could be better? LOL!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Oh yeah, Zman is a real treat to hang out with on Regional Weekend!!!! Think of an exercise in the glass being Half EMPTY on Steroids just to get an idea of what Zman says about himself on Regional Weekend..... I can't post quotes here in the main forum as they are too harsh on himself for young readers to witness.

But Yeah, the Hussy bus will be a hub of activity during Red Bud Regional Weekend! Not sure if we're talking good or bad activity, but activity none the less.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Georgie, for comparison sake of what Robin is talking about, I got an 11th at Millville and when I spent some time figuring out RPV that was equal to about a 17th at Red Bud because of the difference in class entries.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
So your sayin the alternates come from red bud. Where did god can't think of his name, he got third when jones won Loretta's. Where did he qualify out of considering he got in as an alternate in 25+...

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Read the rules, different classes take different amounts of riders guarenteed. Different Regionals also take different amounts.

What we are saying is that if you are an alternate and want to get in, it's all about having a good RPV. The Regionals with full gates of racers, or more than full gates will always result in higher RPV for the alternates there. The RPV is determined by how many riders you beat.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
NONE of those classes are gonna be slow........... and they are all gonna be deep in talent too, but best shot this year would be in 2 stroke I would guess of the three since it's new and most of the class may be running 125's from the schoolboy class in that too. So if you're on a 250 and good on the smoker....... that might be easier. But that is just a guess on my part. Could be lots of 2 stroke riders that have been waiting for this and it will be packed too.

As a comparison, Randy Saloman and I were running almost identical lap times last year at LL in two different classes, He was in +25 and I was in +40. While I had a 28th (letting the pack go on the start), 14th, and 17th in my motos, he got 34th, 35th, and 32nd place running a pretty good pace down there and trying as hard as he could, just to show how fast +25 is going these days. The +25 class is FAST FAST FAST and DEEP in Talent all the way back.

The RPV value (or Power Ranking) is how they determine Alternates for Loretta Lynns. The formula is this:

Power Ranking is calculated in two steps (see examples below):

1.Finish position divided by number of riders in the class
2.Multiply the result of step number one by 100 and then subtract 100. The number is rounded up to the nearest thousandths.

Example:

At Red Bud for the MidEast you finish 12th of 58 entrants in the +25. 12 / 58 = 0.206 0.206 x 100 - 100 = -79.310 (They drop the negative) so = 79.310
MC Motopark in IL for NorCentral you finish 8th of 38 entrants in the +25. 8 / 38 = 0.211 0.211 x 100 - 100 = -78.947 (they drop the negative) so = 78.947

So since 7 guaranteed spots come from Mideast and you were 5 away in 12th overall. You still have a better shot at getting into LL than the guy who finished 8th (2 spots out in the North Central which only guarantees 6) based on the larger class at Red Bud.

It's a gamble to see if you do better in your own region that has lots of racers or travel to get to smaller region and think you can get in there. At least this year, guys won't be able to do both Steel City and Red Bud as they are on the same weekend. This may lead to a bigger turn out at North Central region as people that want a back up can get there relatively easily.

It's all numbers and until the racing is done, you can't tell where you stand and what would be better...... so just try your hardest and see what happens. There are fast riders all over the country these days so it's hard to dodge them by riding somewhere else.

Meister

PR Founding Father
It was kind of a stupid question, because I do know that every class will be full of talent and haulin the mail at the front of the pack.

Should have been more of a general question, which will turn the least fastest lap times at a Regional.

Also, which class has the least deepest talent. You know, you go somewhere and theres like 5 dudes haulin in the front of one class, where as another class may have 20 dudes haulin.

Im fat (harder to knock over is how I like to think of it), out of shape, and slow, but the idea is still there.. Thanks Georgie.. Didnt even think of it till you spelled it out the way you did.. I would only ever be able to afford one area and one regional if I made it that far. Even though Red Bud is one of my favorite tracks, I think I would try High Point then to Steel City because theyre both within 2.5 hrs from me which = less traveling expense. 14 hours of drive time to do Crow and Red Bud, or 10 total hours for HP and SC. Not to mention Sunday nights getting home a decent time would be good because of work early Monday morning.. lol..

hershey

PR Elite
I am going to try to be at red bud......lots of work to do ! Zman or not !

Seriously though , only 4 in +45 ?????? I might have to rethink this !

flyin polack

PR Addict
I am going to try to be at red bud......lots of work to do ! Zman or not !

Seriously though , only 4 in +45 ?????? I might have to rethink this !

Here is the stuff I found on MX Sports. Last year I thought it was 4. Looks like this year it is 5 for 45+, 3 for 50+.

LL Regional Qualifier Info.jpg

Hoping to make it to:

Crow Canyon - Urichsville, Ohio on April 1
High Point - Mt. Morris, Pennsylvania on April 22
Muddy Creek - Blountville, Tennessee on April 29
Sunset Ridge - Walnut, Illinois on May 27

And possibly:

Fast Traxx Motoplex - Nelsonville, Ohio on May 20
Birch Creek - Danville, Virginia on May 20
Pleasure Valley - Amargh, Pennsylvania on May 6

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
B is insane fast. Probably could be one of the fastest if not the fastest of all week.
Im cconsidering running b just to see more of the track at the regionals.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I was looking at some results from the ranch.. Looks like ALOT of the +25 riders were also doing well in A. Tried to find B riders in +25 and didnt come across any. I think 2-stroke is a huge crap shoot at this point because its still so unknown if fast guys have 2 smokers layin around and dust them off..

George, what do you mean you may run B "to see more of the track at regionals"?