Where Did Common Sense Go?

i got jumped into on sunday at battlesberg.. was rolling a double and dude just jumpd into the side of my bike or something idk.hit my bad foot of course, he went down and i somehow didnt. he was ok which was good. hes like "thought you were slowing down more and i could squeeze by" umm.. why bother?

My whole point of this is directed at races. And to further the point -- every rider SHOULD be riding slow on the first lap to check out the track anyway, so having the first lap under caution should not affect anyone or be considered "punishment."

I've been in this long enough that I know how to protect myself from the idiots out there, so even on that first lap where we are rolling everything I was on the edge of the track because I just knew some fool would come blitzing through, and sure enough he did.

My whole point of this is directed at races. And to further the point -- every rider SHOULD be riding slow on the first lap to check out the track anyway, so having the first lap under caution should not affect anyone or be considered "punishment."

I've been in this long enough that I know how to protect myself from the idiots out there, so even on that first lap where we are rolling everything I was on the edge of the track because I just knew some fool would come blitzing through, and sure enough he did.

Maybe it should be a rule in the vet classes but in your A, B them guys come to race and most of them practice how they race. At a LLQ practice is everything even more so if you didnt make it fri. so now you only have 2 -3 laps to diel it in.

Maybe it should be a rule in the vet classes but in your A, B them guys come to race and most of them practice how they race. At a LLQ practice is everything even more so if you didnt make it fri. so now you only have 2 -3 laps to diel it in.

So how do you dial it in when you cartwheel half a lap into it because you jumped into a huge group of riders that are rolling the jumps and learning the track for their first lap?

Or are you saying that A & B riders are just supposed to be able to go full out from the get-go on a track they've never been on before and hit every jump blind without even knowing the track? I think we are lacking some common sense in this thread as well.

You should always take a site lap. Period. I know many hot shots that have tasted soil by not following this rule lol.

Exactly. Anyone that goes out on a track for the first time should be taking a site lap. Anyone that doesn't do that, or parents that tell their kids not to do that, plain and simple are idiots.

And sadly, those idiots are out there as has been proven. So tracks need to protect those idiots from themselves by forcing them to take a site lap.

.......Always take a sight lap of BC..........Always!!!<O:p</O:p
That guy will move the dirt around ...... <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Why do people who plan on rolling every jump their first lap out need to be at the front of the line or be the first ones ripping off the line at practice? If you no intentions of jumping the first lap then relax a minute and let all of the first lap pros have at it. I see that more times than not.

I get a chuckle by going out towards the back and seeing people laying on the side of the track after a half-lap of practice before a race.

On nationals they let you go balls out on first lap but i know in Ax they do a mandatory site lap and to get ur transponder to work. I believe it should be that way everywhere then soon as the first person comes by they should start the time. However in ax the let u do a site lap then u stop and restart again. I believe they should enforce 1 lap rule everywhere with waving the yellow flag on everyjump then 1st person by the finish they should start the time!!

Personally I am not in the physical mode to ride that pace the first lap any way. I would even feel comfortable doing it !

How ever you need to do like Pit and do your best to protect yourself because some idiot is going to do it !

So how do you dial it in when you cartwheel half a lap into it because you jumped into a huge group of riders that are rolling the jumps and learning the track for their first lap?

Or are you saying that A & B riders are just supposed to be able to go full out from the get-go on a track they've never been on before and hit every jump blind without even knowing the track? I think we are lacking some common sense in this thread as well.

They do it all the time, maybe not 100% jump everything the 1st lap but they will jump most and 3/4 the rest never seen any A rider roll a little double the just because its the 1st lap. If it bothers you that much practice with the 50's

I think we are lacking some common sense in this thread as well.

We sure are

They do it all the time, maybe not 100% jump everything the 1st lap but they will jump most and 3/4 the rest never seen any A rider roll a little double the just because its the 1st lap. If it bothers you that much practice with the 50's

OK, do we have the father of the KING OF ALL C Racers here that likes to stir the pot trying to make a point on a Common Sense thread? Reminds of an old saying "You can't rationalize with an irrational person!"

Don't you think the 50's would mind a big bike being out there with them? And we're talking about racers going a long way to a area qualifier to a track that they have never been to before, mixed in with guys that are local and ride there all the time. Of course A and B riders that are local can jump every jump on the track the first lap out at their home track, but it's not safe to have them do that in the middle of the pack with other riders that have never been there before. This thread is about having a first lap caution throughout the whole lap to allow new guys the chance to see the track and the guys that know the track enough time to spread out before they start jumping, just like they do at Loretta Lynns for each and every practice.

Before this turns ugly...just wont to know who went and how everyone ended up.

Go on MX Sports and under the results tab of Daniel Boone Area Qualifier for 2012, you can see all the results. Randy Salamon, Rich Silvers, John Kreps, Marc Baumann, Dave Grega, and Dave Blauman all went down there.

Back