PR: 2012 VMD Online Entry Open

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
March 13, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Online race entry available for AMA Vintage Grand Championships

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has opened online race entry for the 2012 AMA Vintage Grand Championships. The amateur national championship event takes place during AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 20-22 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

Competitors in all disciplines can access online pre-entry at AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.com > Register to Race. Supplemental rules, class structures and a weekend schedule are also available. In addition, for those who wish to mail in physical entry forms, downloadable forms are provided, as well.

The AMA Vintage Grand Championships include amateur championship racing in motocross, hare scrambles, trials and roadracing at the expansive Mid-Ohio complex. The dirt-track event, which is round 10 of the AMA Vintage Dirt Track National Championship Series, will be held at the nearby Ashland County Fairgrounds in Ashland.

All proceeds from the AMA Vintage Grand Championships are donated to the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame to support the Hall of Fame's mission of celebrating the accomplishments of motorcycling's brightest stars. Pre-entry fees for off-road and motocross are $40 per class. Dirt track pre-entry is $30 per class. Roadrace pre-entry is $80 for the first class and $70 for each subsequent class (per day).

Youth racers more than 12-years old are welcome in motocross, hare scrambles, trials and dirt-track competition at the AMA Vintage Grand Championships. Per Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course rules, riders must be 14-years old or older to compete on motorcycles with displacements greater than 250cc. Roadrace competitors must be 18-years old or older in all classes.

"Vintage racing is accessible, laid back and some of the most fun you can have on a motorcycle," said AMA Director of Racing Joe Bromley. "We're proud to elevate this unique style of racing with national championship recognition at the premier vintage motorcycling event in America -- AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. For both casual participants and hard-core vintage racers, we not only welcome your participation, your support of the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame also helps preserve the legacy motorcycling for future generations."

Riders in designated "A" classes will compete for national championships, the right to run AMA National No. 1 plates and vie for the honors of AMA Track Racing Vintage Grand Champion, AMA Off-Road Vintage Grand Champion and AMA Vet/Senior Vintage Grand Champion.

A fundraiser for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days features classic motorcycles of all makes and styles, and honors the riders who made them famous. Activities include the AMA Racing Vintage Grand Championships, which include roadracing, motocross, hare scrambles, trials and dirt-track; North America's largest motorcycle swap meet; bike shows and awards; stunt shows; demo rides of current production bikes; and seminars on a number of topics by noted motorcycling experts.

The goal of the Hall of Fame, located on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio, is to tell the stories and preserve the history of motorcycling's legends and heroes. For more information, call (614) 856-2222, or visit the Hall of Fame's website at MotorcycleMuseum.org.

For updates about events and activities, as well as information about past AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, visit AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.com.

Sweet my non-current ride is on it's way from Texas ! Low hr 96 KX250

Attachments

• IMG957307.jpg
    IMG957307.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 214
These may be short term adoptions for him but he at least sells them in better condition than he typically buys them. Plus, with his turn-over rate, at some point Scott is gonna end up with a bike for sale that I am just not gonna be able to live without.

Bravo evomx244!

Man you guys act like there's some sort of pattern here! Most likely won't have after Mid-Ohio but the reason I bought it was to race Mid-Ohio Non-current class.

I think this will be the year I throw my hat into the VMD racing. What would an 85 CR 250 fall under, this Non current class? I dont see myself racing my 84 RM 125 just yet.

Sweet my non-current ride is on it's way from Texas ! Low hr 96 KX250

Nice truck. Who did you hire to haul it, Jed Clampett or Jethro Bodine?...Pit's right...Anymore fast guys show up and you'll get bumped off the podium old man. So far we know of Rick, now talonrunner. You're already looking at a bronze. You need to close sign-up, quick! ;-)

Nice truck. Who did you hire to haul it, Jed Clampett or Jethro Bodine?...Pit's right...Anymore fast guys show up and you'll get bumped off the podium old man. So far we know of Rick, now talonrunner. You're already looking at a bronze. You need to close sign-up, quick! ;-)

I might enter that class too......just to piss him off! hahahaha.

yeah he was local and cheap, little surprized it made it here unharmed. The van he was hauling with was pretty nice.

Bring it on boyz, I think I can hang with anyone on a flat corn field for 1 lap or 2 !

Finally rode the 96 KX250 yesterday, I believe it has one of the best 250 motors I've ever ridden. I think Kawi had the motor right in the mid 90's. My 04 KX250 didn't have near as nice of a motor as this 96 ! Brappppppp!!!!

Road Trip! but keeping with the 90's theme it needs more purple ! just so happens I have PC seat cover for it!

Don't know why, but I bought this 94 CR250. Too early to tell if I got screwed. As usual it's all EVO's fault. He got me all fired up. Then, 30 seconds after I handed over the cash, I thought wtf am I doing?

Attachments

• IMG00172-20120415-1223s.jpg
    IMG00172-20120415-1223s.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG00173-20120415-1244s.jpg
    IMG00173-20120415-1244s.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 209
One of my favorites ….the early 90’s CR’s were nice machines.
Spend some $ on the forks…other than that, a solid bike.
<o:p> </o:p>

Back