PR: 2012 VMD Online Entry Open

I got to thinking after I replied on this thread, I guess I am or was assuming that AMA is following last years efforts on the track work for motocross. Are they gonna use the Log Road crew again? We haven't heard anything or been given updates?

I'm on my lunch so I have little time to dig back for who posted in from AMA last year on this. Do any of you guys remember?

I emailed the Log Road guys and Bart says they will be back "with a few tricks to make it better" than last year. He also said to spread the word. Some good news.

KRH

Email from Log Road MX.

Just a quick note to the Log Road Vintage MX group, we are proud to announce that we will once again be building the MX track for the AMA at Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio July 21[SUP]st[/SUP] & 22[SUP]nd [/SUP]2012. It is an honor for us at Log Road to be chosen by the AMA based on our experience, strong work ethic and drive to be the best. We have no doubt that the Track at Mid-Ohio will be even better than last year and we are looking forward to seeing all our moto buddies at this big event.

The next Vintage MX event at Log Road will be August 12[SUP]th[/SUP] which includes classes for Vintage riders and Modern Support classes for riders ages 7 to 70 on minis to big bikes for more info on these all was fun events check us out on the web at logroadmx.com and we will see you at the races.

Bart Newman and Jeff Beerbower
Log Road Motocross

Answer from Log Road about the starting gate:

Kevin I got conformation from Kip Bigelow that Mid-Ohio did put in a starting gate please help spread the word.

Thanks Bart

Just doing as asked,
KRH

Possibly something recently changed...but the last I heard, it's actually a local promoter who's bringing their gate to Mid-Ohio on a loaner basis.

What is everyone's plan? Who all is staying for the whole weekend?

Anyone getting a swap meet spot?

Me and McGuire will be pulling in Thursday night but not racing till Sunday. We'll be cruising around on pitbikes for
a couple of days checking out the scene.

I'll be there all 3 days...2 days cruising the scene on my Hodaka Wombat and then doing post vintage on Sunday.

Undecided on whether to ride 40+ or 50+ INT. Both classes usually have the most number of riders compared to all the other classes but I believe 50+ had slightly more last year. I'd really like to ride both age classes but if it's anywhere near resembling hot weather, I'd probably be crampin up by the time my 4th moto came around.

Me and McGuire will be pulling in Thursday night but not racing till Sunday. We'll be cruising around on pitbikes for
a couple of days checking out the scene.

Awesome! Can you let me know where you guys are parking at so I can park with you? I may just plop a tent down and stay a day or two but also want to be able to leave my trailer where someone I know is at.

I will be there 3 days too. Riding pit bikes around for two and racing one. Factory Fortney is bringing the rig down for some easy sleeping . Jack will be down Saturday as he is a counselor at church camp the whole week . I have a 74 puch to sell and I want to relax and cruise the scene

Commuting up all 3 days.
Me and the boy racing Friday and Sunday. Saturday will be my hang out day to study my future vintage rivals and searching for treasures up over the hill.

Mike sorry to say this but keep a tent handy for back up as my back & neck are giving me fits....took a turn for the worse this week spending most of the evening curled up in a ball with the feeling I am going to be having surgery very, very soon as I have never had anything that is even close to the pain I have been in lately...first time in my life I after a few MX injuries that I have laid there quivering in pain.....eating Vicodin like M & M's right now. Saw one doc earlier today & another lined up for this Monday but may end up in the ER before that.

Sucks more than you can imagine to have both 4 herniated disk in my neck & 1 in lower back from where some kid blasted in to me while I was stopped at a RR crossing. This thing is making a plate & screw break feel like a bee sting as this disk thing is just unimaginable until you go thru it.

Was excited off the charts to go spectate & even bought a new pair of generators that are whisper quite at 53 bd for the weekend.

Mike- If I get fixed up good enough Team Bull with the factory rig this fall is a strong thought as I need to smell some old bike pre-mix fumes soon!

Looking like you guys will have some nice weather for a change in the mid to upper 80's with no rain Friday thru Sunday.

Post lots of pics!

I'm a hard core spectator this weekend,no swapmeet spot,nothing for sale (RS250 is but I'm not babysitting it all weekend like the RM last year),not racing,bringing my 250 triumph and CT70 for transport,should be big fun:cool:

Back