VET Day Grand Opening @ Beans Sunday May 6th!!!

I had a blast and thought it was great Brock that you held the riders meeting looking for our input on track changes. I also liked the idea of the vet morning ride with opening the track up to everyone later in the day. After the free lunch track prep the place was awesome! The super kicker whip jump was such a blast to hit... Thank you for all your hard work guys

What a day! I was in one of the first groups to arrive Sunday AM and one of the last to leave.

Guys I'm sure I speak for everyone I was with in saying that the track was prepped to absolute perfection! Ruts and braking bump mayhem! The first time down the bigger downhill was nuts I was going wayy too fast hahaa.

BJ, Brock, and all thanks for all your work. You made a bada$$ track even better. It makes a lot of Ohio tracks look like child's play.

Per requests here is a video of the track from yesterday. Before you watch it though, keep in mind that I know I'm not fast lol. This was late in the day about 4pm after the track was touched up at lunch. Thanks to Brock, BJ, and Kames for making this a great day.

http://youtu.be/jrcimej0NeM

Thanks BJ and Brock, awsome track. Even better after I grew a pair and started jumping onto the table and the huge whip jump. Brock that jump is a blast and I take back what I said at the riders meeting about putting a face all the way across. Its too hard of a landing if you don"t down side it and most people weren"t. It was actually a great option. Again thanks for a great day.

How fast do you have to go to make the table table and the table to single? From that helmet cam it doesn't seem like it would take too much speed to make it. But GoPros are good at making big jumps look easy.. then you get there and its like WTF! :D

How fast do you have to go to make the table table and the table to single? From that helmet cam it doesn't seem like it would take too much speed to make it. But GoPros are good at making big jumps look easy.. then you get there and its like WTF! :D

you are right about gopro's being deceptive. Having said that I would not take much speed to land that. In the helmet cam i posted I did not attempt to do a table to table double only because I felt the downside of the tables were really short and that I would have to have perfect distance. The actual length of it was not too bad I just didn't have the sack lol.

Not that hard Bill. Table to single 2nd gear just roll it on and went right over. The big table wasn"t bad either. I jumped close to the end a few times and hardly gave it any throttle in 3rd and was surprised how far I went but you kind of slammed down so I just decided to jump it. Really you just have to commit to it. I bounced off the end and it was no big deal so I just hit it a little harder. I sat there and watched a guy doing it and thought man hes not going that fast. Pretty safe jump really and big fun.

you are right about gopro's being deceptive. Having said that I would not take much speed to land that. In the helmet cam i posted I did not attempt to do a table to table double only because I felt the downside of the tables were really short and that I would have to have perfect distance. The actual length of it was not too bad I just didn't have the sack lol.

I know how that goes.. took me almost half a season to man up to everything at Beans with the old layout. Now he went and changed everything so I get to go through that again!

Not that hard Bill. Table to single 2nd gear just roll it on and went right over. The big table wasn"t bad either. I jumped close to the end a few times and hardly gave it any throttle in 3rd and was surprised how far I went but you kind of slammed down so I just decided to jump it. Really you just have to commit to it. I bounced off the end and it was no big deal so I just hit it a little harder. I sat there and watched a guy doing it and thought man hes not going that fast. Pretty safe jump really and big fun.

Thanks. And yeah I'm sure I'll be doing a bit of spectating before I go for it myself.

Did we bump into each other at Pine Lake?

Yep...It's a 2010 Suzuki RMZ250 chassis with a 2004 KTM 200SX motor,very fun bike!

Here was the post about it a few months ago:
http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?5496-RMZ-250-2010-frame-KTM-200-SX-motor

Coming off the T T track I'd guess about half-way through the race I got bumped pretty good. I thought it might of been you with your trick bike! I would have liked to catch you and tell you "cool bike" but you (and just about everybody else) checked out on me and there were no chances for "on track" niceties!

I really love my RM250 two strokes and think a modern chassis swap may be in my future. I've own a CR500 in an alloy CR250 chassis (heaven forbid I call it a *Service Honda*) but it was set up for Super Motard and I shudder to think what that bike would be like to ride in the dirt! I had a great time at Pine Lake and would like to run the rest of the series if I am able.

I'd like to check your bike some time we are at the same event and get a proper introduction!. Meanwhile, cool bike! :)

Back