Stewart to Suzuki! It's official.....

barrington314

PR Elite
why is everyone making a big deal about his home track? that was filmed last year when he was testing all of the bikes. he will be at glen helen saturday on something better than that stock bike he was riding in the video. with all the sh!t talk about him, i think some people need to show up and put it to him.

Double D

PR Founding Father
It would be really ironic if Millsaps beats him.

Well,....since you brought it up..... Maybe now Davi Millsas will be allowed to sit in the front seat of the JGR Toyoda truck! ???

I always thuoght they slighted Davi by making him look like the chump in the back seat!

It was funny when the truck driver threw Jeremy McGrath out of the Semi Truck for stalling it though.

barrington314

PR Elite
Well,....since you brought it up..... Maybe now Davi Millsas will be allowed to sit in the front seat of the JGR Toyoda truck! ???

I always thuoght they slighted Davi by making him look like the chump in the back seat!

It was funny when the truck driver threw Jeremy McGrath out of the Semi Truck for stalling it though.

could you imagine al sharpten if they had put james in the back seat? :eek:

SixOneFive

PR Member
What I find ironic is now he's all about the outdoors? I'm not sure if he didnt want to ride outdoors or maybe that was just part of the deal in the past with L&M/San Manuel & JGR. I'm not gonna say his effort shouldnt be rewarded but it just seems funny that the minute all the top contenders are out now he is "excited for outdoors"....I hope Dungey mans up and makes him work for it. Even if he wins a #1 plate this year everyones going to say it was because all the others were sidelined.

Why do people seem to forget that this was offical before people starting getting hurt?

Is it choice, or stupidity?

barrington314

PR Elite
Why do people seem to forget that this was offical before people starting getting hurt?

yea. idk how many times it has to be said. san manuel was sx only. remember when reed rode for them? he didnt do outdoors either. remember when reed rode for kawi and he quit half way through the season? said he had "epstein bar virus". but then he magically is out of his kawi contract a year early?

james is riding outdoors for free. aside from his multi million dollar gear endorsements. but still... hes not making nearly as much as he would have at JGR. and he didnt even have to ride outdoors for them. he could have sat at home all summer again. but no, he makes a change to better suit his feelings, signs up for outdoors, and he still gets hated on.

jeffro667

PR Addict
First, I'm not a JS hater by any mean, and I really don't contribute to these type of topics, but something struck me as funny today. Who lost their Nascar ride, and would probably like another? RC. Not that he's in shape to do it, but wouldn't it be funny if he rode the nat's for JGRMX, and won on James old bike?

MX724

PR Addict

Well if you read my post you would see I said "maybe that was just part of the deal in the past with L&M/San Manuel."

It was just a point of view you don't have to get all fired up about it. Even if it was official he didn't seem to have any problem with the sx only contracts. I'm not a js hater by any means just was disappointed when he sat out the nationals.

Also I was not aware that this was official before hand. In fact I haven't seen anything that states that it was. If I missed it sorry.

SixOneFive

PR Member
Well if you read my post you would see I said "maybe that was just part of the deal in the past with L&M/San Manuel."

It was just a point of view you don't have to get all fired up about it. Even if it was official he didn't seem to have any problem with the sx only contracts. I'm not a js hater by any means just was disappointed when he sat out the nationals.

Well I didnt single anyone out just using yours as an example, and it seemed you had forgotten, or just plain don't pay attetion to facts.

Is he allowed to show disapointment? I bet it is frowned upon.

I know people don't honestly think he is scared of any other rider out there, people know he is to cocky for that. They just like to talk. If people sat down and talked with him I bet they wouldn't accuse him face to face about it. They would prolly ask for a autograph and some tips for riding.

But again, the day you are faster then stewart is the day you can crit. his riding.

John250

PR Founding Father
Didnt Dungey DNF like 3 or 4 races on the yellow bikes last year? I think it is funny, he is riding outdoors with everyone hurt though. I know it was said, but you can not tell me that it has not been in his mind that this could be his chance to get a championship again........I hope Dungey embarasses him at about the 25 minute point of a moto....Bubba pulls a huge lead, and Dungey keeps clicking away, and passes him for the win at the end of a moto.

SixOneFive

PR Member
Didnt Dungey DNF like 3 or 4 races on the yellow bikes last year? I think it is funny, he is riding outdoors with everyone hurt though. I know it was said, but you can not tell me that it has not been in his mind that this could be his chance to get a championship again........I hope Dungey embarasses him at about the 25 minute point of a moto....Bubba pulls a huge lead, and Dungey keeps clicking away, and passes him for the win at the end of a moto.

You're hatered for stewart is magical.

streaks383

PR Addict
Stewart was dominant and people hated on him, then he wasn't dominant anymore and people hate one him. People just love to hate on the guy, I know I was upset with him when he stopped racing nationals. The show, the life style, the SX only it seemed to me like he was pissing away all the hard work and natural talent he possesses. I never disliked the guy but I was disappointed, but he seems to have a better attitude and I am excited for him. If he puts in the hardwork and wins a championship he deserves it and it does not matter if villopoto or reed are not there. Anyone who wins an AMA National Championship IS a great rider and one of the best in the world.

barrington314

PR Elite

yea, what you just said makes a whole lot of sense. stewarts scared of riders. but yet he is going to race against dungey. the guy that lost the mx title by 12 points and had multiple mechanical failures. dungey was clearly going to win freestone and his bike ran out of gas. that cost him 25 points alone. you continue to make yourself look silly when hating on stewart.

RV didnt dominate outdoors like you seem to think he did.
2011 results
hangtown 3-3
freestone 3-5
high point 1-2
budds creek 1-3
thundervalley 1-2
redbud 9-1
millville 3-2
washougal 1-2
unadilla 1-1
southwich 2-4 (and thats with both RD and CR having mechanical troubles. still only mustered up a 4th)
steelcity 1-1
pala 1-3

so he whooped on everyone at 2 tracks. and now JS is scared. lol.

must be why reed didnt race in 08 and then raced in 09. he was scared of stewart.

barrington314

PR Elite
btw hes not just testing at home
bb5b2cc6997e11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

is it me* or does he seem really tall/bike sitting really low?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
I think it's kind of ironic that many are saying Stewart is racing the Nationals since others are out. It was just a few short years ago people said the same thing about Reed since Stewart was out!

Suzuki has done well the last several years with Championships, could this be another notch? The RM-Z450 debuted in 2005 and has won titles with Carmichael, Reed, and Dungey. Could Stewart be next?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Stewart's bike set up is goofy. Always ran the ass low and the front high. . . Maybe that Yamaha couldn't run under those parameters. Maybe the Zuke can. And maybe he will smoke the loving cow manure out of anything American or foreign that lines up to the gate this year.

Spagina

PR Elite
Barrigton, well put.. If those results and statistics do not show people that while villopoto was great in 2011, the likes of dungey, short, and now Tyla rattray is enough competition to make this title shot a legitimate competitive effort for stewart, then they are just the kind of people that are too closed minded to be open to observation and opinion unless it's AGAINST Stewart.

+1 on the fact that it has been said, documented, stated, whatever you want to call it, that STEWART IS FULL TIME IN FOR THE NATIONALS IN 2012. Multiple times, for months.

Maybe its just that I'm a Moto nerd and I read and watch everything I possibly can, but half of the negative attitudes on stewart come from people who are simply uneducated on the matters surrounding his choices, opinions, and comfort ability on his former tank of a yz450f. The only time it was even considered that he wouldn't do the whole outdoor series was after he lawn darted himself multiple times during SX. And that was AFTER Reed was out. So, does anyone really think that RV being out is the main reason why he is racing? Because since that day, that is the only other rider who is out that has a chance. Give me a break, he raced the GOAT! He lost to him many times, but also was the only one consistently to give him a run for his money. Scared of RV... Please.

SixOneFive

PR Member
Barrigton, well put.. If those results and statistics do not show people that while villopoto was great in 2011, the likes of dungey, short, and now Tyla rattray is enough competition to make this title shot a legitimate competitive effort for stewart, then they are just the kind of people that are too closed minded to be open to observation and opinion unless it's AGAINST Stewart.

+1 on the fact that it has been said, documented, stated, whatever you want to call it, that STEWART IS FULL TIME IN FOR THE NATIONALS IN 2012. Multiple times, for months.

Maybe its just that I'm a Moto nerd and I read and watch everything I possibly can, but half of the negative attitudes on stewart come from people who are simply uneducated on the matters surrounding his choices, opinions, and comfort ability on his former tank of a yz450f. The only time it was even considered that he wouldn't do the whole outdoor series was after he lawn darted himself multiple times during SX. And that was AFTER Reed was out. So, does anyone really think that RV being out is the main reason why he is racing? Because since that day, that is the only other rider who is out that has a chance. Give me a break, he raced the GOAT! He lost to him many times, but also was the only one consistently to give him a run for his money. Scared of RV... Please.

Well said.