Action Sport June 23 & 24

mx049

PR Elite
Guess we are lucky to still have an AHMRA event in Ohio for 2 years in a row.

Pre-entry for Action Sport in Athens, OH closes on June 8th.

It sounded like everyone had a good time last year. Anyone plan on racing this year?

http://www.actionsportsracing.com/vintage.html

Maico Mark

From their web-site:
The 2012 AHRMA Vintage Cross Country and Motocross Nationals will return to the Action Sports Moto Park in Athens, Ohio on Saturday and Sunday June 23rd and 24th 2012. We can’t wait to do it all again. It was great fun last year with some of the nicest people we have ever dealt with. Gates open Friday afternoon and camping is free.

This year’s two day format will include Vintage Cross Country Saturday Morning, followed by the Vintage National Motocross, and we will finish out the day with modern vet, amateur, and youth motocross. We will run the exact same format on Sunday with Post Vintage Cross Country, Motocross, and modern classes.

Our old school National caliber MX track consists of rolling natural terrain with a few steep hills and a few small, safe, strategically placed jumps. We have great dirt, track prep and dust control on our motocross track and our Cross Country course. We’re sure you’ll love it!

Check back for updates and look through our website for all classes, times, fees, sponsors, directions etc. AHRMA now offers a one day membership for those just riding one AHRMA event more affordable!!

Take a video lap of the Cross Country course and our MX track on this website coming this spring. Download a flier so you have all of the information and please make a copy to give to your friends.

Thanks,

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe

Action Sports Promotions Inc.

Wouldn't miss it.
Still won't have my MX250 ready to race Saturday, but will do PV-MX and CC on Sunday.

They are running modern bike class at end of day on Saturday and Sunday. My boy wants to race in this (25+ vet), I wonder if he needs to be an AHRMA member to do this? I would think not ?

Yep, I had a great time last year and track is really fun...looking forward to it! Thanks Drew for promoting the only AHRMA race in our neck of the woods!

I wonder if there will really be modern bike races at the end of the day? That's a mighty busy day for track staff with CC in the morning, followed by old bike mx and then another race for modern bikes.

Mike, I doubt an AHRMA membership would be necessary for modern bike races since AHRMA doesn't have any kind of class structure for modern bikes.

I am going, Great time last year as well. can't wait to ride the track. plus 50 int class

Flamepainter, are you by any chance the guy who was on a Husky there last year and also has a daughter who rode that day?

If so, we were haggling for 1st in 50+ int in the 1st moto until you had some kinda bike issue.

I'll be there riding something, hopefully both days.

mooch, I think Mike Allen had problems with his Husky in a moto. He had, I believe, a daughter and a son racing that weekend.

There you go. Sorry, guess I got you Husky riders mixed up.

I'd like to ride the CC races in the morning but if it's on the warm side (anything above room temperature :) )...I'm afraid I'd get myself dehydrated/worn out and not have anything left for an afternoon moto.

Last year's Friday CC races were hot and humid. I wore myself out after having problems with my vintage Husky and had about a lap energy left in me when the PV race rolled around (way too soon). I just survived the rest. This weekend would have been perfect!
The CC course is basically the GP track. It's a blast! You should try it mooch. I was thinking of just doing the CC. MX seems like a brief sprint race now days. By the time I get going , it's all over.

They are also offering a $30 weekend AHRMA pass that will make it easier for the once a year racer to go.

You know I'm in for sunday.....

Anybody going sunday the 17th for practice?

Hey Rob, congrats on your 1st place in the Expert 125 Ultima class at Unadilla!

Yes, I'm planning on the 17th. Yeah, I know...you're gonna say "oh, just like you were planning on going to Unadilla?" :)

As of today, I'm down to my third and final option for a vintage ride. If I can work out a couple of bugs, it should be ready for the ugly bike award.

As of today, I'm down to my third and final option for a vintage ride. If I can work out a couple of bugs, it should be ready for the ugly bike award.

If I remember right, you have Husky and MX360's for vintage?
Whats the story?

I hadn't until last week touched a vintage bike since cleaning them after last year's race. I've spent enough time with them now to know that the two better looking ones need more work than I'll get done in the next couple weeks. So if a carb swap gets the other 360 MX running well, it's going.

In the last month I've worked on five old open bikes and only one is running. This is the one I'm really looking forward to riding and racing. Husky.jpg
When I get the suspension back...

I now have a '73 Yamaha 360 MX that starts first kick and does everything an old bike should do. Still isn't much to look at though. But with some borrowed parts from my other 360, I think it actually runs better than the nicer looking bike. Sure starts easier than the '74 400 Husky!

I just tried to sign-up for vintage and PV CC online but automated sign-up thing says I need a national CC number. I tried my MX number and it said I was a national champion in MX and CC and to get my number at the track? lol! Guess I'll just sign-up at the track...

Regarding the online signup not working...I called the software folks (because I couldn't get a callback from anyone at AHRMA) and was told it might be working in another month or so. I also had tried to contact someone at AHRMA to pay for my yearly membership and also send my pre-signup money for Athens, but never received a call back this week. Based on the lack of a response, looks like I'll just be paying the higher signup fee the day of the race and then offset that by just buying the 30.00 one day membership rather than a yearly 65.00 membership. Won't receive the monthly mag if I go that route but as long as they don't mess with my riding number, I'm fine with the one day membership to race Athens.

Back