Thoughts and prayers for Joe Rice #23

loneranger171

PR Addict
Just got back from Beans.....Joe Rice had pretty sick crash...not sure of what all he broke but hopefully someone will update later....he tried to jump the pro table top single as well as the third jump after it (making it one long ass triple)...needless to say he came up short and busted himself up pretty bad....i got out of there just as ambulance was finally getting there.... he was conscious and had feeling in legs however he definitely broke a few things....keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers everyone

Ouch. No good. Hopefully he's alright. He just posted on fb that he was glad he kept on riding after his 2nd whirly bird ride because of days like this. Hopefully his injuries aren't too bad and he heals up quick.

Thanks for the update.... I saw the whole thing and it scared the heck out of me.... I was just glad to see he was conscious... hang tough Joe!

Joe took a chopper ride to Akron General and is in surgery now, one of the breaks was a compound fracture. This happened directly in front of me and scared the crap out of me.

Wow. He's probably the only person I know who has taken 3 chopper rides. I keep checking back for updates. Really sucks to hear.

Hang in there Joe! We're all thinking about ya!

So he not only went for the table to single, but tried to jump the the landing of the double after the table?!?!?

Update of Joe both legs compound fractures, dislocated ankle and bones broke in his feet in surgery 40mins till he's due out he was in good spirits before he went in for surgery keep you guys posted was a very ruff wreck but if anyone knows Joe like I do he goes big and lives for big jumps and to do what people wouldn't even look at thanks to the guys who helps us keep him calm and some what comfy even though he was in so much pain. Hang tuff Smokin!!!

Hang in there Joe! We're all thinking about ya!

So he not only went for the table to single, but tried to jump the the landing of the double after the table?!?!?

Exactly....I stood on top of the table and looked how far that landing was and it's insane....I couldn't believe he even tried it...at first I thought his throttle stuck and thats why it happened....and then he said he was going for it...not a wise choice by anyone even the best guys out there...thanks Berkheimer for the updates

On a 2 stroke 250. How close was he to getting over it? And how high was he??? Wonder if a 450 or 500 could make it....

Joes nuts! And he loves it.

I don't know how high he was as I was watching through the camera but a few more feet and he would have cleared it. Rife cleared it 3 weeks ago on a Honda 250F lap after lap. Joe knew he was short and tossed the bike, I will not post any more frames beyond this until after I speak to him in person.
DSC00645.jpg

Wow.. I had a feeling you had images.. That will be an intense series of photos.. Hopefully Joe's doin alright after surgery..

Back