Redbud Motocross National Rd06

barrington314

PR Elite
s780_115882820_1246778159.jpg

Work Weeck
After taking seventeenth in points and garnering a season high of seventh place in the Eastern Regional Supercross Lites series, Tommy Weeck didn’t make the cut when the MotoConcepts team changed gears for the Nationals. Fortunately for Weeck, he was recently picked up by the Star-Valli Yamaha Rockstar team as a fill-in rider for the injured Kyle Cunningham. How will Weeck do this weekend at RedBud when he lines up for the first time since supercross?
Let’s Try This Again
Tyla Rattray’s fans have been waiting a long time to see him race a 450 in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, and for good reason; the former MX2 World Champ has won multiple 250 Nationals, and he proved he can hold his own on a 450 by going 5-3 at the 2011 MXoN. Well, the fans finally got their wish when it was announced that Rattray would be filling in for the injured Ryan Villopoto this year. Unfortunately, his debut was postponed when a roosted rock struck and broke his hand in the first turn of the first moto at Hangtown. The injury kept has Rattray away from the series, until RedBud. How will Rattray do in his first, full-length 450 National?

Stewart Returns
After crashing and sustaining an injury in Colorado, James Stewart attempted to come back just a week later at High Point Raceway. It was a brave attempt, but Stewart’s hand and wrist just weren’t up to the task, and numbness and near inability to hang onto the handlebars relegated Stewart to fifth place in the first moto. Stewart wisely made the decision to sit out the second moto, and opted not to race the following weekend at Budds Creek. Now that Stewart has had several weeks to heal and rest, will he bring the same speed to RedBud that saw him sweep the first four motos of the season?
Small Bikes, Huge Battles
The war that is currently being waged in the 250 Class between Blake Baggett, Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac and Ken Roczen is nothing short of amazing. Baggett, Barcia and Tomac have all taken turns dominating motos, while Roczen has been agonizingly close to winning his first moto here in America several times. The action has been nonstop, and the unpredictable nature of the 250 races has made these battles one of, if not the most, exciting aspects of Lucas Oil Motocross this year.
LaRocco’s Leap
Named after GEICO Powersports Honda’s team manager, Mike LaRocco, the famous jump was built in 1991 by RedBud co-owner Tim Ritchie, who wanted to replicate a huge jump at LaRocco’s home named, Kong. The 130-foot uphill triple was born, and to this day retains its status as one of the most iconic and anticipated jumps in all of Lucas Oil Motocross. Keep your eyes on the infamous jump this weekend, and know that, incredibly, LaRoccco cleared it for the first time on a 125!

Female Fliers
The RedBud stage is set for one of the most exciting WMX races in recent history. Jessica Patterson has been the dominant racer in the class this year, but at the last WMX race, which took place at High Point, we saw Tara Gieger steal a win from Patterson in the first moto. Further fanning the fire is the return of Ashley Fiolek, who has been out of action since she sustained a concussion in Colorado. RedBud is Fiolek’s home race, and the support of her hometown crowd will no doubt serve as additional motivation for her to get the job done with a win. When the roost settles, who will be on top?
Michigan Mafia
Nick Wey isn’t racing all of the Nationals this season, but he will be racing at RedBud, his home race. Racing a partial schedule has proven difficult so far for the veteran, but the legions of enthusiastic Michigan Mafia fans that are sure to line the fence will certainly serve as inspiration for the hometown hero. With the extra support and excitement of racing on his home turf, Wey just might record his best results of the year tomorrow afternoon.
The Second Wave
As superb as the racing has been out front in the 250 Class, there always seems to be yet another great battle taking place just outside the top five. Riders like Wil Hahn, Blake Wharton, Jason Anderson, Ivan Tedesco, Jake Canada and more, have all put in great rides this season and have taken turns being the fastest guy in this second group. Now that the series is coming off of a lengthy break in which the riders have had time to rest and further improve bike setup, how will this second group shake out tomorrow?

Christian Craig
Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda rider Christian Craig hasn’t seen much action this year, thanks mostly to issues stemming from a broken wrist he sustained last year at Southwick. The problem was great enough to force him to withdraw early during the supercross season in order to have surgery, and he hasn't raced since. That will all change tomorrow, however, when Craig lines up for his first National of the year. Expect Craig to use RedBud as a measuring stick to see where he stacks up against the rest of the field.

Mr. Black Cloud
After being banned from Australia for several years due to a visa paperwork snafu, “Filthy” Phil Nicoletti picked up a ride with the Eleven 10 Mods team for 2012. Although Nicoletti has been able to put in some good rides here and there, he’s also been the unfortunate and frequent recipient of hefty doses of bad luck. Mechanical problems, weird crashes and running out of fuel have all kept the New Yorker from obtaining the kind of results he’s capable of. At High Point, he couldn’t even compete when it was discovered that the team had forgotten to sign him up for the race! Can Nicoletti avoid the bad luck he’s been having and put in a pair of solid, unadulterated motos at RedBud?

credit:racerx

TV Schedule
450 / 250 Moto 1
Saturday July 7 1:00PM EST - FUEL TV
Saturday July 7 1:00PM EST - Allisports.com
250 Moto 2
Saturday July 7 4:00PM EST - NBC Sports Network
450 Moto 2
Sunday July 8 1:30PM EST - NBC

live timing and scoring

hangtownschedule-1.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K2_2thEUX0c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.vitalmx.com/v/6966?width=780&height=440" frameborder="0" height="440" width="780"></iframe>One Lap: Nick Wey/Red Bud - More Motocross Videos

He's back
79512240c7a511e18e3c22000a1e8b97_7.jpg

oh and he's back as well
cd2dd54ac7a811e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

another local rider, whom just turned pro, to cheer on. always cool to see the locals going for it.
529101_10150900522295064_1196286968_n.jpg

Matt Wozney
:Talked with MX Sports about the possibility of cutting short the motos due to heat. They are running 30+2 and are prepared for the heat.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hbh7GuDuIGY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

My guess is, you wont see Bubba until January on a SX track.
:p:p:p:p:cool:

barrington314

PR Elite
i know theres some people there... upload them track pics! or even some pit pics. i know that place has gotta be poppin tonight. rupertx is lurking for sure. theyll be some good bikini babe pics coming from his way, no doubt.;)

474560_10150186986829955_1770110804_o.jpg

177183_10150184005634955_638160264_o.jpg

halffast

PR Elite
Barrington , I don't know if it has been mentioned in a while but a lot of us really appreciate your efforts providing the pre-race highlights and info . You are doing a great job . Thanks !

John250

PR Founding Father
It is going to be HOT. I hope everyone is taking the precautions to keep another tragedy from happening this year. I know how I felt racing last week. I can not imagine going 30 plus 2 laps in 100 degree weather.

John250

PR Founding Father
I complain every week about it, but this week we have to go to three different channels on two different days to see 4 motos! What a joke.

halffast

PR Elite
Second 450 moto wasn't on the Time/Warner cable schedule for tomorrow when I tried to set the DVR . Hope they just screwed up the listings and it will actually air .

hershey

PR Elite
I complain every week about it, but this week we have to go to three different channels on two different days to see 4 motos! What a joke.

This has got to be the stupidest idea ever for sports airing. My cable only has NBC sports and I would have to pay extra just to get it. The only tv I watch is MX.

Stupid

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

Gotta agree with John. Even if its FREE and live coverage, that doesn't mean its worth it.

hershey

PR Elite
I wait til weds and watch it on ali sports. But it just isnt the same. It is very tough not getting some sort of spoiler in that amount of time. I already got one today I didnt want to see !

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Heading home now. Dungey is just smoking them. Nice to see Stewart hang in there and finish even though he was clearly not up to speed.

Bagget is a machine! Jeez he looks unstoppable.

Watching Renner was cool as he was playing around and doing huge whips.

Mike Brown was really fast! I think he ran out of gas in the first moto. We were right there by the whoops and his bike sputtered and died. He walked over to the crowd anx asked for a water....

bruceb

PR Addict
How about Cole Thompson taking a true privateer effort to a 7-8 for seventh overall in the big boy class!!!!
bruce

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree......Bagget is absolutely incredible right now. The guy just wicks it up and runs people down.

Mike Brown was awesome for being 40 years old. Good guy too. Friend of ours wrenched for him for about 4 years back in his hay day.

How about 47 year old Dowd, getting 24th on a 100 degree day. Very respectable considering he could have fathered all the guys he is racing against.