Redbud Motocross National Rd06

Stood with Greg Bubba's PR man after the race, and watched as they fussed over James' fingers. He said James was annoyed he wasn't up to speed with the other guys. When James went to the motorhome he looked like he had some kind of cloth on his hand. Someone mentioned skin, so it could have been blisters. signing autographs later I didn't see anything so who knows. I know they were all beat with the heat. I thought Chisholm was going to pass out when he got off the bike. Never seen someone strip down so fast and drown themselves with water. Roczen was pure class in the pits. Had time to sign and talk. Great attitude.

Starting to get text pictures of Crute, Jud, me Ahola and the whole crew gettin some fan tv time. That was right before we ran out of beer at 1:15. Which probably was a good thing because we drank water for the remainder of the day. And hot cant describe what it felt like.

Anybody see that dude on a Suzuki case the leap, hands came off the bars, he was 3 feet above the bike after he bounced, landed back on the bike and rode it away. Fist pumped and looked at the crowd.
Sipes ate it hard, gets up and fist pumps the crowd.
That was quite the sight. .

e2244bb6c89b11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Great save, then he almost lost it again while he was fist pumping.

yea but that didn't matter after that epic save. I thought there's no way he didn't break his wrists. That was quite the hit. Jesus was definitely ridin shotgun on that one.

Stood with Greg Bubba's PR man after the race, and watched as they fussed over James' fingers. He said James was annoyed he wasn't up to speed with the other guys. When James went to the motorhome he looked like he had some kind of cloth on his hand. Someone mentioned skin, so it could have been blisters. signing autographs later I didn't see anything so who knows. I know they were all beat with the heat. I thought Chisholm was going to pass out when he got off the bike. Never seen someone strip down so fast and drown themselves with water. Roczen was pure class in the pits. Had time to sign and talk. Great attitude.

James' hand had blistered:
070712blister_581508.jpg

photo from GuyB at vitalmx.com

bruce

heres some footage i took of the leap, all three include some nasty spills, unfortunately i dont have footage of the epic save georgie described.

heres some footage i took of the leap, all three include some nasty spills, unfortunately i dont have footage of the epic save georgie described.

Georgies was a good one. prob the best. Now I know who was making all the noise up in the Leap bleachers when the guy lost it. :) [/I]

That last one looks like the guy should have whip lash.....watch his head slam the crossbar.....

What was up with Izzi ? He had a great practice time but finished way back both motos . Of course he was one of my fantasy league picks .

Dungey has such a smooth , efficient riding style that he didn't even look all that spent in the first moto , post race interview , despite the heat . It is a shame that some people are going to say that he only is winning because the other top competitors are out with injury . He was my pick to come out on top this season and IMO he would have even if everybody was healthy . It would have been close for sure but a heck of a lot more exciting .

Bagget must be an animal ( no , not a Chupacabra ) . He OWNS those guys now . Even the " Wild Child " looks a bit rattled and purplexed .

There is a lot of racing left and anything could happen . I'm still hoping for a breakout winner in either class . That would be refreshing .

I agree. I thought Dungey would be tough, but I think if RV were there, the two Ryans would have had a battle and probably split alot of motos..........but we will never know. Beating guys by 45 seconds a moto tells me even with CR, RV or Trey in there, he still would be at the front.

Bagget for sure has the "wild child" rattled. He has tracked him down from WAY back, and then pulled away. Baggets confidence has got to be high. Knowing that you can be in 7th 16 seconds back, and at the half way point, pick up a couple seconds a lap and go for the win.

What was up with Izzi ? He had a great practice time but finished way back both motos . Of course he was one of my fantasy league picks .

Izzi was running top ten in Moto 1 and had a bad crash in the back pro section. He didn't finish that moto and did not start the second moto. Rumor has him on a Suzuki next year.

Seems like eleven10 mods know how to build competitive machines. Nicoletti looked great out there. He was smooth and top 10 majority of moto 2. I'd like to see mcdade ride one of those if he can't get one of Payton's bikes.

How soon people forget. Stewart was running at a comfortable pace and not pushing hard to beat Dungey. I think CR and RV would be owning Dungey just like last year. Dungey wasnt really in the hunt at all last year.

Back