How'd AMA vintage days go for you?

Good for Jack!..... nice to see him developing.
Think back to his clutch-abusing, leg flailing early days at Monster a few years back and it’s obvious that lately he has been maturing into a decent rider!

Yep, and we need to remember that he moved to a big bike at barely 14 years old. He's now 16 and RIPPING on a 250! He is definitely one of those kids that was "ok" on a mini, and is now really developing on a big bike.

Watch him go over these next few years.....
Soon enough we'll be asking him ......so, what gear you hittn that?

Sitting on the line for Non-Current. DMX153 on his '92 RM and TB901 on his #927 CR. Dave and the Can-Am dude between us tangled and went down in the first turn.

NonCurrentC.jpg

Got a pic just for Randy947.

Kip B handing me my #1 plate for +30B!

Pit-Kip.jpg

Myself and NQ1965 Mike Freas on the podium for +30B. JORT alert! haha
30BPodium.jpg

Vmd was awesome this weekend and the best part was watching my son develop into a true sportsman and young adult. After a 2nd in his non - current intermediate moto to Ben Rodgers ( 3rd including the expert rider ) and a wire to wire runaway in the 250 intermediate moto 1 race he suffered a crash that ended his day.
Jack sat on the line after the non- current moto crash with my bike as I talked with the AMAofficial. I was told to pull him off the gate and he could not run with a different bike . This ended his day racing and the hopes of a first place finish .
As he rode my bike back to the pits and I pushed his back I wondered what I would come back too . To my surprise he was calm and in control. I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him. Not because he was so fast but for just how he handled himself in the moment. I told him that this was a defining moment to be an example to others and to be a true sportsman. I think he got it . I decided to pack it in for my last moto and spend the last part of the day being a dad to my son.
As we were breaking down camp another younger rider (14 or so)came back to the pits complaining that he had been pushed off the track and lost a position. He was swearing and throwing things , we watched and jack was able to see the difference between this kids tantrum and how he had reacted . It was another moment to build on before a boy becomes a man . I am so proud of my son .
Look out next year as jack will certainly be a true competitor.

Awesome Weekend Mike!!!!!......Thanks for the story. Ya know we dig that kid.
He is growing up fine....
He's ready for a 250F....

Mike-
Jake's a super nice young man, had a good time talking with him on the line before out Non Current race. Man can he make that 82 RM bark!
Scott
PS Mosher's CR250 is the trickest around I must have one! There I said it

Glad to see everyone had a good time & Jack is coming of age very well.

Young Jack has developed very good riding form plus will say I was quite impressed with Jack & crew as they were doing landscaping work at my home on July 3rd
in 90+ heat and when that clouds burst all those you men kept working never complaining once so Mike you will have no worries on him making his own way in life as
99.9% of 16 year old guys would have quit on the spot.

Mike was your buddy these as though a battle to the flag was brewing for you guys?

Track looked pretty sweet as the Log Road crew always does such a good job!

Hope to be these next year as I need to sniff some pre-mix soon....thinking....maybe I should go drop some in the mower gas tank as my wife is getting
ready to cut the grass...yeah need to get her a Lawnboy 2 smoker!

Maico Mark

Wow looks like a awesome event, sad I missed it. Lots of sweet bikes for sure and nice riding pit that old RM sounds crisp! that 927 CR looks really clean, would like to see more pics of it

This was my 2nd year at VMD and I didn't think it was possible to have more fun than I did last year! I have to give
out a huge THANK YOU to KRH (Kevin Harper) and his two fine sons Dustin and Ben for letting me ride their '81 KX250.
I jumped on that bike and felt right at home and was thrilled to take a moto win on it and finish 2nd OA for the day!
Thanks again KRH you made a great weekend even better. Although I didn't fare as well on my RM250 I still had a great
time and also got to catch a few glimpses of Jack coming into his own at the front of the pack. Well done to both Babets!

I can hardly wait till next year to spend another great weekend with awesome friends and fun racing.
Is there anyone out there that can keep McGuire in sight?

Vmd was awesome this weekend and the best part was watching my son develop into a true sportsman and young adult.

Wow, I was not aware this had taken place.
It's unfortunate to end this way with such a solid start. Having it so close and then taken away may have a more powerful impact than if he had handily walked away with wins. It may certainly shore up his competitive determination even more with such a stinging defeat.

Having only talked with you guys a few times, it's easy to see strength of the family behind it all and you should be very proud. He will become a formidable racer respected by many.

PS: (Thanks Sharc, I brought my favorite pair for the races. :) )

Is there anyone out there that can keep McGuire in sight?

Answer: Yes..............And he's racing an XR200. "DOH !" :)

Sorry Rick I couldn't resist.
Dave is right though, You are a dominant presence on the track!
(of course, shortly after seeing Dave down, mangled in a corner in a cloud of dust, he got back up and passed us all like we were going backwards. Good Job to both of you.

Armory 30 second board girl in training...

(edit...this and next two pics from Legends and Heroes site.)

30 second girl in training.jpg

Had anyone heard of Moto Armory prior to Mid-Ohio? I know I hadn't. In fact, even after MO I didn't know what they were in to...had to google it.

armory%20girl%201.jpg

Besides people watching...there's always some odd contraptions for getting around on. There was also the guy running around in the big 3 wheel car that looked like a wooden boat...it's a wonder that dude didn't take someone out as he was trying to navigate that thing around in the narrow confines of the swapmeet.

3%20wheeler.jpg

Jason Lutton had a great time hanging out and may be on a Factory Pit's Garage '87 RM250 next year!

Are you talking non-current? If so, you need to pick up a 96 RM250 for next year..I like the big conventional forks on those things.

Back