How'd AMA vintage days go for you?

Stole this one from a friend's face book album...thanks Jess.

This guy was haulin on that RM125! Even got a bit of vintage crossed up scrub action going with it. Not sure but his name might be Brett Gattrell?

brett gatrell mid ohio vintage scrub.jpg

yep, that is Brett. cool thing is his Dad bought that bike at Mid-ohio thursday night at mid-ohio. he would have won all 4 of his motos but the plug wire came off late in his first moto sunday.

haha...good for them being able to pick up a bike and take it out and immediately have some good results on it. Kinda like Mosher and Beenridin trading RM 250s and then Ben Rodgers proceeds to do well on the bike Mosher got on the trade...Ben had never ridden a drum brake bike much less ridden that particular drum brake bike!

I keep an eye peeled for a bike to pick up at vintage days but it's always a case of a bike being too nice/expensive or too haggard looking. Amazingly, a bike that REALLY caught my eye was a 1974ish CanAm 175 TNT enduro. Bike looked like new and was just cool looking! Stuff on it seemed really heavy duty looking, for example, the chain looked massive like maybe it was a 530? I asked the guy if he was selling it...nope. So now I have to look for a Maico and a CanAm.

mr232.jpg

Wow, the awesome pics taken by the AMA photographer are quite the value add! Great pics that made everyone look like they were faster than a bunch of old guys!

Thanks, guys. Corey did a great job.

As for the photos, we try to do that for all the Grand Championship level events, which include the AMA Vintage Grand Championships.

Luck don't last long on a 12,000 RPM race machine......

But …… if say Mosher were to want to part with his RMZ -250…..I would maybe consider it.

At first I was offended...but then reality slapped me in the back of the head...

A fine weekend it was!
I had two holeshots in the 50+ int class but managed to work my way back to a fourth overall for the day. Definitely more competition in my class this year (or, prolly just me getting older and slower). If numbers 415, 60, and 493 get on this site by any chance...nice ride as you guys were runnin good!

Looking back at the results Mooch, with 16 in your class, 4th was pretty good. At the awards ceremony, I met a local racer (Newark) Mike Wheeler, he done real well at Athens and Vintage Days, and is going to give you guys fits in 50+ in a year or two.

Back