How'd AMA vintage days go for you?

Armory 30 second board girl in training...

(edit...this and next two pics from Legends and Heroes site.)

30%20second%20girl%20in%20training.jpg

I wonder how many times he had to explain it to her?

(sorry, I couldn't help it)

KRH

This was my 2nd year at VMD and I didn't think it was possible to have more fun than I did last year! I have to give
out a huge THANK YOU to KRH (Kevin Harper) and his two fine sons Dustin and Ben for letting me ride their '81 KX250.
I jumped on that bike and felt right at home and was thrilled to take a moto win on it and finish 2nd OA for the day!
Thanks again KRH you made a great weekend even better. Although I didn't fare as well on my RM250 I still had a great
time and also got to catch a few glimpses of Jack coming into his own at the front of the pack. Well done to both Babets!

I can hardly wait till next year to spend another great weekend with awesome friends and fun racing.
Is there anyone out there that can keep McGuire in sight?

No problem, Dave, it was great meeting you and Rick. I'm happy it got raced and finished on the podium. I thought it was a pretty competitive bike, but I'm biased. You proved to me that we're at least headed in the right direction with it. I'm pretty sure there's more power left in the motor. We're about as far as we can go with the suspension. If it's open next year you're welcome to it. You'll have to try the MX360. You'll really appreciate your RM after getting beat on by that beast.:D

KRH

Wow looks like a awesome event, sad I missed it. Lots of sweet bikes for sure and nice riding pit that old RM sounds crisp! that 927 CR looks really clean, would like to see more pics of it

The front number plate is probably 927's best feature. It's really a pretty rough looking bike. Maybe 6 or 631 will post a few pics of very very nice CR250's

I had a blast riding and hanging out with everyone over the weekend.Thanks for the props on the CR, I've only got this one pic of the bike. I need a couple more pieces, and to strip and powder coat the frame this winter and then she'll be looking cherry! Kurt's (#6) is a really sharp looking 96, he was nice enough to let me race his last year, it runs as good as it looks!

96CR.jpg

Jason Lutton had a great time hanging out and may be on a Factory Pit's Garage '87 RM250 next year!

Not sure how I would do on a vintage 250 against McGuire, but I know I barely beat him a few weeks back at Malvern when they combined my vet class with his bomber class. I was running the 2011 450 and he was on his 87 YZ250, which would be my dream ride for that event, and it was all I could do to beat him. He makes that bike sing!

Going fast on a 1987 YZ250 Is one thing, but who was the guy railing berms on that 81 Katoom 495! That guy was hauling the mail!

Not sure if I mentioned this but I sold old boots..clutch levers...pipes ....box of junk...and best of all a 1974 puch that had been around every corner of my shop for 4 years...LOL. , for full asking price.
Guys were out buying everything so much for the bad economy .

I am on the lookout for a 07 or newer 250 f for jack

Not sure if I mentioned this but I sold old boots..clutch levers...pipes ....box of junk...and best of all a 1974 puch that had been around every corner of my shop for 4 years...LOL. , for full asking price.
Guys were out buying everything so much for the bad economy .

I am on the lookout for a 07 or newer 250 f for jack
How about a 06 yz 250f I bought it knew.

DO NOT BUY A USED 250-F...
If ya can't swing new.....wait
The last new bike I bought was an RM 250 in 2001. I have been real lucky buying clean used bikes for the most part. Oh and a leftover 2006 CR 85 for Jack.
I dont even know what a new RMZ 250f cost? What $8,000

I have been real lucky buying clean used bikes for the most part.
Luck don't last long on a 12,000 RPM race machine......

Ok, but they’ve all been 2-strokes and this is not a 2-stroke.

1) 250-F’s have seen remarkable progression over the last few years in both performance and reliability. Last year’s model (2012) is the oldest I would even consider.
2) This will be Jack’s new love and he will ride the PISS out of it….(believe me). He will be putting countless hours on it as he hones his skill and competitiveness.
3) 4-strokes are time-bombs….meaning it will run just fine until it blows, unlike a 2-stroke that slowly gets clapped-out. You see- Jack will never come back to the pits saying something sounds funny or feels wrong. It will run 100% strong up to the bitter end, then just blow. It’s going to beYOU (or Pit) that has to keep an eye on the hour meter and do necessary maintenance if you want to keep it alive more than 6 months with a young kid like Jack hammering it.
4) I feel a 4-stroke needs proper break-in when new. And on a used bike you don’t get to do that.
5) I feel a 4 stroke needs proper maintenance, and with a used bike you’ll never know.
6) ….I could go on forever….
But …… if say Mosher were to want to part with his RMZ -250…..I would maybe consider it.

O.K. I agree with your take on 4-strokes. Now where do we get the best deal. I have a vendors liscense to eliminate tax . I have only dealt with on the edge for suzukis and they dont deal in them anymore. I looked online and prices range from $6,200 to $7,500 .... for 2012. Will there be any new bike deals at Lorrettas when they roll out the 2013 's

O.K. I agree with your take on 4-strokes. Now where do we get the best deal. I have a vendors liscense to eliminate tax . I have only dealt with on the edge for suzukis and they dont deal in them anymore. I looked online and prices range from $6,200 to $7,500 .... for 2012. Will there be any new bike deals at Lorrettas when they roll out the 2013 's

Mike,if your going to buy a Suzuki get a 2010 or newer with the fuel injection,much nicer bike! I had a 2010 and now have a 2012 both have been good reliable bikes.

Style points for Kurt, on the gas and looking straight into the camera! Nice

Attachments

• IMG8787-2-L.jpg
    IMG8787-2-L.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 227
Wow, the awesome pics taken by the AMA photographer are quite the value add! Great pics that made everyone look like they were faster than a bunch of old guys!

Yes, I think it was a year or maybe 2 years ago when I whined that there was never a single picture of me in the AMA pic gallery for the event...well, this year makes up for it and I'll stop whining!

The original size option for the pics are fantastic and for my moto there's a 3 pic sequence of everyone going for the 1st corner which did a great job of catching one of my holeshots! There was also 3 more pics of me from that same moto and they were all unreal quality! My wife who took the pics I posted at the beginning of this thread had said how the AMA pics almost look 3D they're so good and how they made her auto focus shots look pretty shabby! Of course, I assured her she did a fine job with the inexpensive camera we have.

Here's one of the AMA photographer pics where one of the faster guys in my class was haggling with me in that little flat corner chicane area at the finish...I kinda sucked in that area as it was hard for me to judge what kind of traction there was in those flat corners. He eventually pulled off a clean pass in that little narrow corner right after the finish line...props to 60G!

Thanks again to the AMA for the ultra fine pics!

MO 2012 haggle with fast guy 60G_cr.jpg

Back