Where are the Ohio riders at Loretta's?

One thing does come to mind about mini riders. We complain the kids are not used to tough tracks, rough tracks, and tracks with deep berms. One training place in ohio that could give these skills is Briar Cliff. But if you take your kid there, they cant ride the big track.......is that correct JO? Just curious, never been, so dont slam me if I am wrong? But that is how a good 65 rider gets prepared for LL.

Only a few are complaining. The others are enjoying…
All this jealousy over Briarcliff …. I Love it!
Just show up for the race John.

One thing does come to mind about mini riders. We complain the kids are not used to tough tracks, rough tracks, and tracks with deep berms. One training place in ohio that could give these skills is Briar Cliff. But if you take your kid there, they cant ride the big track.......is that correct JO? Just curious, never been, so dont slam me if I am wrong? But that is how a good 65 rider gets prepared for LL.

My mini rider loves the big track!

Attachments

• IMG_2405.jpg
    IMG_2405.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 171
Only a few are complaining. The others are enjoying…
All this jealousy over Briarcliff …. I Love it!
Just show up for the race John.

It is on my calendar. At this point I would be beat up here on Pitracer if I dont show up probably.

Unless we schedule a session for mini riders, then no. We are not a LL training facility, we have been labeled that. I dont feel its anywhere near safe for 65's and 50's on the big track. Therefore, I dont allow it during a normal open session. We will be running sessions towards the end of the day, like we did last Saturday, to give riders an opportunity to get to know the track for the Battle for Ohio. At 3:30 we will do a "no triple" c group, followed by the mini group.

On the Saturday of the event weekend, we will have much more broken down sessions, everyone will get adequate time to prepare.

Normally, there is a no 65cc policy at Briarcliff on the A/B track with good reason, but if you had a group of mini's that wanted and could handle the track, JO would hold a session at the end of the day for you. And racing coming up will be on the big track with plenty of 65's being able to see what it's all about soon and see how they do on the big track.......

I think JO has made a good choice by having the cut off at 85cc bikes for the A/B track normally.

And John250, you're going to get beat up on Pitracer.com anyway for your opinions and not showing up to Red Bud Vet Fest anyway...... why change now?

Gonna go race with the son, so vet fest is out. The next week football games start. I hope none are secheduked on Sundays this year.

This isn't even worth my time anymore. Sorry to see such a good thread go to waste by this bafoon.

I bring up good points that some people dont want to hear. We are talking about Ohio riders and how to get Ohio to be more of a factor in the sport of MX right? Out of all the Ohio kids that made it to LL how many posts where made of this forum giving them props and telling them good job just to make it there?? Just 1 and that was for Hand. Just saying. This is not a mini friendly site in any way and thats not a slam on the site. The only other site that is about mini riders is Bars Racing and they do alot and use their site to promote all ages of racing but really have A huge impact in Ohio youth riders. You all can hate me for what I say but at some point just read what I say and block out all that crazy internet hate and name calling.

This website is user driven by all content. If it's not friendly to mini riders then it is your own fault.

You are complaining that it's not friendly to mini riders, but before LL I specifically asked who the mini riders are to watch down there. Instead of providing info on mini riders, you took that opportunity to bash Chris Carr and his grandmother. You could have used that post to talk all about the mini riders you say are neglected here, but chose to pick a fight instead. I guess that is to be expected.

This website is user driven by all content. If it's not friendly to mini riders then it is your own fault.

You are complaining that it's not friendly to mini riders, but before LL I specifically asked who the mini riders are to watch down there. Instead of providing info on mini riders, you took that opportunity to bash Chris Carr and his grandmother. You could have used that post to talk all about the mini riders you say are neglected here, but chose to pick a fight instead. I guess that is to be expected.

http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?6793-Loretta-Lynn-s-Favorites

Here ya go ... fight picker. :cool:

Didn't see a fight between me and Chris at all. But read what you want

I think I have seen a number of people talking about people doing good at LL race. Some may be Ohio riders and some may be just good riders from other places.

Perhaps the best thing you personally could do is take a younger rider under your wing and help them improve.

Each One, Teach One!!! I am sure there are kids who would like to improve and can use the help.

I'm happy sharing what I know with those that want the help. The problem is that I'm helping out Zman and Silvers more than anything else in the world. I give them all my secrets and training items and let them find their own way while giving them what works for me. But if there was a mini rider out there that wanted my help, I'd be happy to tell them what to do and how to get things done, any mini dad's want help that don't ride themselves...... send me a PM and meet me at Smith Rd or Apple Cabin each week. I'll tell you what to work on and where to ride to get as ready as you can.......

Most people think they know what is best and don't want help...... that's a big problem. I'm not saying that I know it all or am the best trainer in the world by any means. But if people want to know what I know...... I'm happy to share. I've been coaching youth Ice Hockey from 7 year olds through 14 year olds for over 8 years now, so I have plenty of experience working with kids.

I think I have seen a number of people talking about people doing good at LL race. Some may be Ohio riders and some may be just good riders from other places.

Perhaps the best thing you personally could do is take a younger rider under your wing and help them improve.

Each One, Teach One!!! I am sure there are kids who would like to improve and can use the help.

I have on the average of 5-8 riders a week that use our track to train. I have it open to anyone who wants to ride and charge no one anything I help where I can. After being a member here for so long its just time for me to move just to 1 sided in here. Its a good site if your in the click and I'm not. I'm out to much BS.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about BC. Just like anything else in life. You get out of it what you put into it. The turnouts at BC speak volumes. Even If JO looses money on the RACE I am sure he will more than make up for it later as people appreciate what he does, so ppl are willing to drive for miles to return. Everyone in the area, and then some, knows about BriarCliff and the reputation is only getting better. That's better than any flier or add.

Personally I think BC is very well suited as an "all skill level safe training facility"
The A/B track was a little over the top at one point, but that was some time ago. Unfortunately we haven't been for some time. Hopefully be back soon.

as for Ohio getting more riders to LL's. I don't think it is a lack of talent or riders its simply a Growing sport with Growing competition from other states. Makes it very hard with Ohio weather for Ohio riders.

This thread sure drifts off topic alot.

Back