CRA one day Pass

MxDad567

PR Member
Does CRA have a one day pass? I plan on heading to TV land but throwing our an extra 60 bucks (3 kids) for cards I will only use once really hurts.

Pretty sure the answer is no, but they really should consider this. Always a bummer shelling out the cash to hit a couple races at the end of the season just to have your membership expire at the end of the year.

That is a great NEW idea....CRA...not likely! Just buy one and use the number for the other kids!

So, you want others to cover this cost for you if the CRA doesnt accommodate your desires to only race their event once a year? Maybe get your card in January, that way it will be good all year...even if you don't use it. What do you think would be the fair price for a one day card? In my mind it would be at least $10 each if offered. So, perhaps you are fussing over $25-30 in the end. Please!

So, you want others to cover this cost for you if the CRA doesnt accommodate your desires to only race their event once a year? Maybe get your card in January, that way it will be good all year...even if you don't use it. What do you think would be the fair price for a one day card? In my mind it would be at least $10 each if offered. So, perhaps you are fussing over $25-30 in the end. Please!

Well it sucks when PAMX offers a $5 dollar one day pass. Yes, 25-30 dollars is alot to come by for someone who has to buy three of them! Wouldnt you rather spend $15 bucks over $60 for something you might use once?

GLMX offers a $5 weekend pass ($20 for the year). We go to Dutch once every couple of years so the weekender is a great idea. Not sure what the CRA deal is, but years ago when we went to our first ever race at Pyma, we were told we could try it out and if we came back to another race we could buy a membership then. The following week we were CRA'ers. Maybe call Trevor and see what he says, it's his track. More bikes this weekend will be good. Weather looks good too, and I know Trev will work his tail off getting the track ready. In the end, the $60 might be worth it as you might go to the next TV land race, or Malvern etc.

it would be nice if they did it for a year like the AMA does.. I want to race the fair by my house thursday, and have to buy a cra card for it. Maybe that will motivate me to go race somewhere else shortly after, but still annoying knowing next spring ill need another one.

I simply see it as a choice of how you want to spend your money. If the CRA wants to let you race their tracks with no membership, no points scoring, no year end award opportunities that is their business, literally. But it is not
like someone is holding a gun to your head to race there. Go outlaw if you want to save the fee, but to fuss over a few dollars given the costs of racing three bikes or even just riding three bikes for a season seems rediculious to me.

Just what does that membership buy you? If it is to cover the cost of the official or for someone to track your points? If you are unsure whether or not you will race there again then why not sell a one day pass. Perhaps they will enjoy themselves and decide to purchase a yearly membership in the future. Seems like a good business decision!! I often offer discounts to new accounts to encourage them to try us. If we do a good job (which I know we will!!) then we continue to do business. Best advertisement there is.

Just what does that membership buy you? If it is to cover the cost of the official or for someone to track your points? If you are unsure whether or not you will race there again then why not sell a one day pass. Perhaps they will enjoy themselves and decide to purchase a yearly membership in the future. Seems like a good business decision!! I often offer discounts to new accounts to encourage them to try us. If we do a good job (which I know we will!!) then we continue to do business. Best advertisement there is.

X2. Give newbies a chance, especially skeptical parents. A whole thread was dedicated to declining racers, money is an issue to some to try this sport. Let Em try for a nominal fee, they will fall in love and become a member.

Certainly it can be done, but it also adds a whole other process the tracks would have to deal with including selling the card, filling out the card and tracking or not tracking what the rider is doing. Are their points and results being kept or not, if not that impacts the scoring of the race and potentially the race results. It is nice to know when you get to the starting line who you are racing against. Starting place for the second moto, etc., etc. It can all be done, but it adds to the complexity of race days that are already long enough.

But the real issue here seemed to be the money amount, which in a sport where you are likely spending thousands a year to do seems like just looking for a freebie when everyone else has paid for their CRA card for the year. To me it is just part of the cost to play, so pay it or don't and go someplace else to race.

To me it is just part of the cost to play, so pay it or don't and go someplace else to race.
I am pretty sure I spend more than most at a track.

I wasn't looking for a freebie. i just asked for a one day which PAMX does.

Chew on this fact. 3 kids, Practice Sat 60+ bucks. 5 family members to get in 50bucks, 3 kids racing possibly 6 classes 150 bucks. Now add the $60 plus for the CRA card which I may use once til then end of the year since the card is 2012 ONLY not a year membership. Now add the fuel from Pittsburgh,food, and etc.

Or run a PAMX event 45minutes from my house. and give them the $200+ I will spend at TV land. If I was Trevor I know where I would want me to go.

Right, and the PAMX track would want you to go where...

It is a year CRA Card, you are just buying it after 2/3 of the year is past. We used to buy it in March but I didn't ask for a discount because we raced only from March to mid November. Buy it in January if it makes you happy...then you can enjoy owning it all year long...

Since you are coming so far I think TV Land should just let you do whatever you want. Since you are such a big spender...how has Trevor managed without you thus far?

X2. Give newbies a chance, especially skeptical parents. A whole thread was dedicated to declining racers, money is an issue to some to try this sport. Let Em try for a nominal fee, they will fall in love and become a member.

Totally agree. I think it's a good idea. But it seems like ideas outside of the box here don't go to far these days. If the cliff continues to hold the Battle of Ohio every year it will be the only place I probably race.

Tracking may be an issue, some may try to take advantage I'm sure. I just think for a first timer or even a once a year fair goer? I know my neighbor would let his two young girls do the Coshocton fair each year if he didn't have to buy the full membership, he already has a boy racing full time and each year the girls would like to race in front of their family. A family of 5 with 3 racers adds up pretty quick. Maybe the girls should just commit and race more? I still think it would be a good thing for the sport to grow. Both pitbike classes are free, no membership at all required. So it can be done.

What if I was a rider just passing through for the day and decided to race at a CRA event? Pay his fee then get hit with a membership fee for one day of riding. Do you honestly think he is gonna tell his buddies or whomever to ride a CRA event. I doubt it.

In business you want people to RETURN!!!

It is nice to know when you get to the starting line who you are racing against.

Who the hell ever wants that. Most people want to race against other riders they don't see every week at their home tracks

You are really stretching for your examples I think. We were just out for a ride one day with all our MX gear and low and behold we came up on a race! Hey lets stop and do the race! Please! Is that how you plan your races?

Maybe tracks and racing should be free or the track owners should pay riders to show up... That would get people returning but it would be hard to stay in business!

By knowing I mean knowing who is racing for points, place or whatever and who is just racing to try out the track! GEEEEZZZ! Are we going to have two different scoring systems too for the just trying it out folks?

Does AMA let you race without a card? No, and you likely need a District Card for the AMA race too.

Just pay your money and race....or go outlaw if that is an option in your area.

Lets see your the only one who thinks the 1 DAY PASS!!!!!!!!!! is a bad idea. Go figure? Hide behind your name and talk out your A$$ I really could care less.

Most other sanctioning bodies off a day pass.

You live in NC and give a crap what happens in Ohio?

A one day pass is a excellent idea....For someone new to the sport, That we desperately need in this sport New people coming into it...It makes all the sence in the world....Try it out and if they love to race they will buy the season pass. CRA is not open to NEW ideas never will happen....They are letting Ohio racing go down, I do believe that the new owner of Malvern is listening and I think trevor is too.....The guy who owns OHiO biggest track is listening also....BUT he is doing something about and making changes....BiG IDEAS and NEW ONES....sometimes CHANGE is good!

Back