CRA one day Pass

I think a one day pass is a fantastic idea. There have been many, many times where myself, and friends of mine have considered racing a CRA race late in the year, for the first time that season. During these years i was in highschool, and then in college, so money WAS an issue. $20 without a doubt made a difference to me at that time. Out of those times where my friends and I have considered racing a CRA race late in the year, a bunch of times we decided not to. Why go in october and spend $20 on a card that is going to be useless in weeks? A day pass would have changed our minds some of these times.

Another option is to change the term of the CRA card to 365 days instead of yearly. Buying a card in September or October sucks when you know you have to buy one in a few months. Change it to 365 days like the AMA does and then people wouldnt have much to complain about.

Nice post tim, my thoughts exactly. I also agree with Spagina. Do it like AMA does.. at least you have 365 days to come back and take advantage of your membership again.

I will be at TV land regardless because Trevor has a nice track and runs a good program.

I will spend the 20 dollars per kid just to make T.O.D. happy.

Don't try to blame me for the choice you are deciding to do with your money and your family. You decide how to spend your money, not me! Take responsibility for your choices.

Tim for CRA president! All joking aside I asked myself the same question...does anyone from the CRA even participate on PR? I don't recall ever seeing any posts but that doesnt mean they aren't on PR. You think they would find this to be a great resource for feedback. I race usually 1 to 3 times a year depending on my obligations. My job requires me to travel a lot especially on short notice. So I would be one who may buy a day pass several times over the yearly pass just because it's more conducive to my personal schedule. As Tim said I think it would actually increase revenue for both owners and the CRA.

I have never been to a qualifier where you have to buy a district card. But let us put this into the mix. We go to LL qualifiers and choose to qualify. Our finish position does not change however we are marked as a non-qualifier (points). How is that any different?

This thread came about simply because someone wanted to race a CRA race. He has three kids. Do you really think he should buy 3 CRA cards for his three children just to race one CRA race? Perhaps he will be back, perhaps not. Being he is from PA and likes the track perhaps so.If so then he may join CRA and race other tracks in the CRA group. GET REAL!! Do you guys understand how to promote business.
I have been in business for over 15 years and I have never once advertized. Everything we do is by word of mouth. Even with the bad economy we have survived. I know Dave understands this (Hershey). Quit thinking like a racer and think like a business person!!!

Tim pretty much summed up what needs to be said.....The guy who keeps flaming should listen loud and clear....The guy who started the thread has 3 KIDS....they want to race ONE race! ONE! So you can argue all you want you sound like a ******! The idea is a great idea for someone like HIS fam with 3KIDS......TIM for CRA President!

Sorry, but your lame excuses and misunderstanding on how to actually promote business is really starting my blood to boil. Even 23 racing should understand this point. It is a cut throat world out there.

When I posted several weeks ago in regard to OIR hurting themselves as they did I was not talking out my l#### it is the way of business.

Your LL Qualifier example does not quite make sense to me, but when you go to a Qualiier you are paying for the extra work to be tracked and scored as a qualifier.

To me the CRA has an existing set of rules or 2012 racing. I assume you need a CRA Card to race a CRA race, I have not read the current 2012 CRA Rules. Ifvthat is the current policy, go by the current policy. If it changes in the future that is up to the CRA. The rules have been there all year, and the card could have been bought earlier and used more. Those were the racers choices. So now if you are deciding to race you still need to follow the 2012 rules. Pay for the cards and race or don't race CRA this year. That's the choice by the current rules. Maybe you know how to run a business better than the CRA but that is all speculation at this point. The CRA has decided how to run their business for 2012 for better or worse.

Tim pretty much summed up what needs to be said.....The guy who keeps flaming should listen loud and clear....The guy who started the thread has 3 KIDS....they want to race ONE race! ONE! So you can argue all you want you sound like a ******! The idea is a great idea for someone like HIS fam with 3KIDS......TIM for CRA President!

So what you are saying the CRA should wave its 2012 rules and make a special discounted price for this guy. What about the guy who paid his $20 in March and only ended up racing once all year? Should he get some money refunded?

Even with the one day pass I don't get all this "Point-stealing" non-sense. That's part of racing. If you get 2nd to some day racer or 5th to some day racer, everyone behind you gets stolen points as well.

I know but what If my arch nemesis got 1st, point stealer got 2nd and I got third, stretching out my nemesis' lead....Answer: Should of got 1st.

So what you are saying the CRA should wave its 2012 rules and make a special discounted price for this guy. What about the guy who paid his $20 in March and only ended up racing once all year? Should he get some money refunded?
Are you a business owner or do you even understand what it is like to be a business owner? I am all for the promoter not the rider at this point. What about the guy who paid 20 for the year--did he get injured or what? Do you understand that in one or the other you have to promote your business. If it takes sucking it up a bit to lure a customer in then that is what you do. I'm sorry but you have absolutely no idea what it takes. Don't start your own business.

I probably forgot more about doing business than you have learned so far. I have sold and delivered over $50 million in products and services thus far. So, I know a bit.

The early buyer just paid his money, raced one day and never raced CRA again for whatever reason, it does not matter. The point is he followed the rules and paid his way, or fair share according to the rules. So if you are going to give the 3 kid guy a discount why should the early guy not get a discount? Are you saying you change your prices and terms depending on who your customer is at the moment?

Apple is likely the most successful marketing company in the world today. So, walk into an Apple Store and tell them you would like to buy a 15" Mac Pro laptop that costs $2000 for $500. If you like it you might come back and buy some more at full price. Let me know how that works for you!

Is that how you would lure customers? Yet, you say you are for the Promoters. Economic theory says the Promoters are likely already acting in their own best interest or the interest of the CRA. They agreed to two things...CRA Cards are $20 and each participant needs to have a CRA Card.

I would never compare myself to Apple or some million dollar industry. Sorry but most of them are a bunch of crooks anyway. I am comparing myself to the small business owner which I am. CRA is hardly a million dollar company and excuse me but they are trying to attract business and in order to do that they must make concessions. I again ask you are you a small business owner or are you selling for some large company? There is a difference. Take AMA for instance. Do they care about you the little guy. Of course not. They are so big they are nearly a government unto themselves. Don't think so. Go head to head with them on a legal issue as I did years ago. They basically told me that although I was right I didn't have enough money to go against them. Do not get me started on legalities or what is right or wrong. I assure you I do know what I am talking about. I follow politics and the like on a daily basis.

I figured out how to beat the system. As of Friday afternoon I am legally changing all of my son's names to George. Buy one card for George, Sign George up in all the classes using George's number. Hell I may even change my wife's and mine to George. That way George Paid at the gate to get in. That will save me 40 bucks right there.

I probably forgot more about doing business than you have learned so far. I have sold and delivered over $50 million in products and services thus far.

And Your son cannot drag race because you cannot afford it?

You could sell a gazillion dollars of s**t but if you don't own that company then you have NO CLUE!!!

I haven't heard anyone suggest custom pricing for one individual. I think most of us are suggesting a general policy change that benefits everyone.

I do have a question for you. I noticed your location is listed as "NC". Are you a CRA member who travels to Ohio to race or do you base your hard core opinion of how CRA racing should be done based on some other experience with them?

You could sell a gazillion dollars of s**t but if you don't own that company then you have NO CLUE!!!

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head.

Whatever Rick, I mean George! You seem to be the one seeking the discount on the CRA cards. As I understand it the CRA policy for 2012 is one rider, one card, one $20 bill. That is the deal right now... in the future who knows?

You mean me selling $50 million of McDonald's stuff at the drive thru window means I know nothing about business...

I am crushed... I think I will go cry myself to sleep....

Tim, I can't really afford to belong to the CRA, but I have plenty of experience with the CRA. Besides I usually have to work the drive thru on the weekends, so what would be the point.

You seem to be the one seeking the discount on the CRA cards

See this is where you are wrong. I DONT WANT THE FU%^!NG CARD. I asked to pay an extra to RACE 1 DAY!!!!!!.
If I pay 20 dollars and race 20 races my kid gets scored, name printed, and added to the points for 1 dollar each race.
If I pay 5 dollars for 1 race that equals 5 dollars a race. LESS WORK MORE MONEY. Isn;t that the idea if you OWN your own business?

Maybe you should really be on the Drag racer forum and leave MX to people who actually do it.

Back