OMA-District X

MX315

PR Addict
So I have to sign up to keep my number? I really don't understand? I signed up for a CRA card they said I can run whatever number I want.:cool:

MalvernMX

Joe, you definitely can run what ever number you want. All this does is give you dibbs on your chosen number incase someone else is using the same number in the same class that day. By making it your OMA card number. Not a huge deal but it is a cool perk that I don't believe I have seen any other organization do. Make sense?

Judnash

PR Addict
Joe, you definitely can run what ever number you want. All this does is give you dibbs on your chosen number incase someone else is using the same number in the same class that day. By making it your OMA card number. Not a huge deal but it is a cool perk that I don't believe I have seen any other organization do. Make sense?

lol this should help some people out!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
so there will b no slashes x's 0's or anything like that eh?

YES.

Imagine going to a race and its exactly like it is now. You sign up, you get called up to sign up after practice. You and someone else have the number 999. Guess what, you dont have number 999 on your district card, and the other guy does. So you will have to A) change your number, B) slash your number, C) X your number, D) alter your number so that it is still legible per the OMA rules (in development).

The last three digits of your OMA number simply given you dibbs on running that number IN YOUR CLASS(ES) ONLY. After that everything is the same, its first come-first serve during sign up for a race number per class, per day. Its all the same after that.

Like said above, the only real difference here is no sanctioning body has ever let people choose their number, and im starting to wonder if any sanctioning body will do it again, lol.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Also, Here is your last chnace to order shirts and hoodies and have them ship today, headed to the post office in an hour with another load of them. Thanks again everyone!

mxpilot

PR Elite
Just signed up to support the effort, and to have my number when I come to town. 462

Hoping to make it out a few times, and to try out the 'Cliff, as well as old favorites OIR and Malvern.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Just signed up to support the effort, and to have my number when I come to town. 462

Hoping to make it out a few times, and to try out the 'Cliff, as well as old favorites OIR and Malvern.

You're a good dude, cant wait to meet you. Your shirt was mailed yesterday, btw!

mxpilot

PR Elite
Thanks guys, I can't wait to come home and ride.

Wishing you the best with this new effort, and Merry Christmas too!

wbecker

PR Member
Ok...I don't have a question (or comment) on the numbers but on the classes. I understand there was a Vet Sport class at Briarcliff this year and recognizing that I might be the only Vet rider that doesn't know this (and that it could be addressed in the Rule Book once released), what should distinguish a "sport" rider from the regular 30/40+ class rider? Could I ride 40+ at one track (say a track I'm very familiar with) and Sport Class at another track (say a track I'm visiting for the first time)? What are the rules pertaining to this?

TIMironi 121

PR Member
Kind of related question as I,m not familiar w. vet sport...
Who exactly is that for?
Also, as I just bought a 250 smoker, what classes can I run?
Will you run 250 smokers w. 4 strokes....oh yea, I'm 50 (or so...)....
thx
Tim

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We are working on the rules for Vet Sport, the intent is to allow an entry level place for riders 25 years and older. Im sure there will be some sand baggers trying win Vet Sport. We will post updates for this class in the very near future.

Just FYI, this was a "no triple" class as Bc this past year.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Kind of related question as I,m not familiar w. vet sport...
Who exactly is that for?
Also, as I just bought a 250 smoker, what classes can I run?
Will you run 250 smokers w. 4 strokes....oh yea, I'm 50 (or so...)....
thx
Tim

250B, 250C, Pro, Vet Sport, 25+, 30+, 40+, 2 Stroke, Open B, Open C . Is this some sort of trick question to test my knowledge?

Lakota837

PR Member
As long as were bringing up the classes. Why is there two 85 classes one for 15 and under and one for 11 and under. I would also think that the super mini range should be bigger.

Raptor149

PR Member
Tried to sign up but didn't know you were forcing us to use PayPal. My account was hacked years ago and hundreds of bogus charges filed on it. I shut it down and have never gone back since. Can't I mail a check somewhere?

Also, you guys are asking for a lot of info. I hope you're not data mining/farming. Why does OMA need my address? State I understand, but street address?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As long as were bringing up the classes. Why is there two 85 classes one for 15 and under and one for 11 and under. I would also think that the super mini range should be bigger.

You will find that 2 - 85cc classes are the norm (been that way forever). The difference with us is that we removed the minimum age to allow the "in between kids" a second class if thier parents feel they're ready. What age would you recommend for supermini? The age we have seems to be fairly standard.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Tried to sign up but didn't know you were forcing us to use PayPal. My account was hacked years ago and hundreds of bogus charges filed on it. I shut it down and have never gone back since. Can't I mail a check somewhere?

Also, you guys are asking for a lot of info. I hope you're not data mining/farming. Why does OMA need my address? State I understand, but street address?

Sorry about that, we are working on setting it up so there are other options. You can mail a check to Jeremy Osborn at 4265 Briarcliff Road, Nashport, Ohio 43830, make sure you let me know who you are paying for if the name on the check differs from the OMA member. We will update the number availability as soon as we receive the check.

MalvernMX

There has been jr and sr mini (85) for as long as I can remember and they are both relitively big classes so I don't see any reason for a change there. As far as the range on supermini, I'm not following your question. Please elaborate.