OMA-District X

freeh

PR Founding Father
Would it be too revolutionary to run 1 long moto on race day ?

1 - 20 minute moto.

Plenty of time to make up for an early mishap. 3 laps to me isn't racing. I'd sacrifice a two moto format for a 1 long moto format. . .

Any comments on that one ? (groans and cheers alike...let's hear em.)

I like it. Should make for a shorter day, I think.

John250

PR Founding Father
I dont like it........I like getting more gate drops....get a bad start, and your probably screwed unless your in shape.......and us old guys are not in shape. Except Rocket.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
OK-- I think this is what the other thread is referring to. Ya definitely have some good tracks. Thing is-- do you think it would have been better to work with the CRA to improve THAT series, rather than start a whole 'nother series? I could see having two series' running simultaneously with low turnouts.

I'm definitely on your side though b/c I like Jason, and Jeremy alot, and I think the tracks mentioned are awesome facilities. --L*64

MalvernMX

I don't want to bash anyone here but it was made very clear to me that the CRA does not have any interest what so ever in working together for improvement. I can not begin to explain to you how close minded those meetings are.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I dont think there is going to be any change to the faircrosses, they will be run under the OMA banner, but I doubt the program nor the locations will be changed. Just a hunch.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I dont like it........I like getting more gate drops....get a bad start, and your probably screwed unless your in shape.......and us old guys are not in shape. Except Rocket.

20 minutes is plenty of time to make up a bad start. Ain't being in shape what racing is about ? Pace yourself then or something.

Everyone has a different idea on what racing is. A 3 lap dash sucks. You get a bad start you're reaaallllyy screwed any which way you look at it.

That's what I hate about regionals. You're screwedFIf you don't have horsepower or a good start.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
im w/ pasimp and dave, my thoughts were bc and malvern and OIR obviously, and then dirtworld, and possibly beans and WRMC would be awesome. I saw jasons other post about tracks that really put in the effort and do nice prep and all that and WR seems to really be on top of it, with a very limited schedule as it is. I would love the opportunity to ride there more often!

hershey

PR Elite
I think the one moto format sucks, this isnt supercross its motocross. 2 motos, they are bagging a bunch of classes to shorten the day so lets run 2 5 lap motos every where!

MX has always been 2 or 3 motos everywhere

Judnash

PR Addict
Im excited to see a schedule, and how far we can all take this. This will be great for ohio and an opportunity for us all to come together and make this thing work. Without us theres nothing.

nitrofish

PR Addict
"DX"

So I can finally dig my old shirts back out! I've been teachin' the kid how to do the "X" thing minus the "suck it" part. I'm thinking Jeremy is the Vince McMahon out of this deal. Really, thanks to all involved and it is exciting to see where this goes. I'm sure it will be more succesful than Vince McMahon's XFL football, remember that failure! I got 2 words for ya... Matt.

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSIbDBQciZoeIIg~~60_1.jpg
    $T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSIbDBQciZoeIIg~~60_1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 170

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So I can finally dig my old shirts back out! I've been teachin' the kid how to do the "X" thing minus the "suck it" part. I'm thinking Jeremy is the Vince McMahon out of this deal. Really, thanks to all involved and it is exciting to see where this goes. I'm sure it will be more succesful than Vince McMahon's XFL football, remember that failure! I got 2 words for ya... Matt.

You sir are a character. If fast jack turns out to have a quarter of your sense of humor, I feel bad for your wife.

trent56mx

PR Addict
looks like I'll be racing more next year. finding it difficult to type, both my thumbs pointed upward and got stuck when I read all this....

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think the one moto format sucks, this isnt supercross its motocross. 2 motos, they are bagging a bunch of classes to shorten the day so lets run 2 5 lap motos every where!

MX has always been 2 or 3 motos everywhere

I dont think we are looking to revolutionize the process here. We shall stick with the basic two moto format, with the exception of faircross where 1 moto is normal.